• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Crockpot Chicken Recipe: Creamy Condensed Soup & Chicken

In summary, the best way to cook chicken in a crockpot is to season it and place it at the bottom, then cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. To prevent dryness, use enough liquid, avoid cooking too long or on high heat, and check the internal temperature. Frozen chicken can be cooked in a crockpot, but it is safer to thaw first. It is recommended to cook chicken for no longer than 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts can also be used, but adjust cooking time to prevent dryness.
kam
Staff member
I am almost certain that years ago I used to put 1 or 2 cans condensed soup (cream of mushroom or chicken), no water, and some chicken breasts or parts and cook it on low 6-8 hours.

Just the undiluted soup and chicken.

Does this seem right to anyone?

yup, I do it all the time

Yes, you can, but if you want a more "creamy" gravy like sauce, add a can of water to it.

Ah! Thanks. A friend wants to start using her crockpot and I told her about the chicken and the soup. But, then I doubted myself and couldn't remember if I was telling her correctly.

I will tell her about adding the water.

THANKS!!!

If you do chicken, add cream of mushroom, one can of water, and a packet of onion soup mix..this goes great w/ mashed potatoes or rice..I also do this with ALL of my roasts and I add baby carrots to the bottom. Yum yum, I think I may be planning my sunday dinner...:sing:

What is the best way to cook chicken in a crockpot?

The best way to cook chicken in a crockpot is to first season the chicken with your desired spices and place it at the bottom of the crockpot. Add any desired vegetables or sauces on top, then cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours. This will ensure that the chicken is fully cooked and tender.

How do I prevent my chicken from drying out in the crockpot?

To prevent your chicken from drying out in the crockpot, make sure to use enough liquid. This can be in the form of broth, water, or a sauce of your choice. Also, avoid cooking the chicken for too long or on high heat, as this can also lead to dryness. Checking the chicken's internal temperature with a meat thermometer can also ensure it is fully cooked without overcooking.

Can I cook frozen chicken in a crockpot?

Yes, you can cook frozen chicken in a crockpot, but it is not recommended. It is safer to thaw the chicken first as the crockpot may not be able to heat the chicken evenly and could potentially lead to foodborne illness. If you must cook frozen chicken, make sure to add extra cooking time and use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken has reached a safe internal temperature.

How long can I leave chicken in the crockpot?

It is recommended to cook chicken in the crockpot for no longer than 8 hours on low heat or 4 hours on high heat. Leaving chicken in the crockpot for too long can lead to overcooking and dryness. If you need to leave it for longer, consider using a timer or a slow cooker with a timer function to prevent overcooking.

Can I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the crockpot?

Yes, you can use boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the crockpot. They are a popular and convenient choice for crockpot cooking. However, it is important to keep in mind that they tend to cook faster than other cuts of chicken, so make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly to prevent them from becoming dry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• blueberrylady
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kristina16marie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • lindseystar