• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make Chicken in a Crockpot?

depending on how big they are. I put chicken in the crockpot all the time, no water...just dump some cream of mushroom soup on it, and let it go! Serve with mashed potatoes or rice or egg noodles.I use 1 cup of wine (red or white depending on what you like) or you can also use a can of beer - (JMO Like the wine better)
SilverCeladon
and I don't know what to do. Can you even use chicken in a crock pot? I know you can add some of "cream of whatever" soup in it. Is that all I do? Do I add oil or water? Spices? How long do I cook it for? Can you tell I've never done chicken in a crock before? lol

Do you have bone-in chicken or boneless?

Are you trying to just cook up chicken to then put in a meal later? Or do you want a meal done now in the crockpot?

If you just want to cook up chicken, I put it in the crockpot and just add enough water to cover them. Cook on low or high, either way I find okay. Then I cut it up or shredd it, cause it's so tender. Then I bag it and freeze it to be ready whenever a recipe calls for cooked chicken.

If you want a whole chicken cooked, you can and you don't have to add water. I just season it however you want and put onion and celery in the bottom of the crockpot and cook it on low 8 hours.

Any other recipes for main dinners, I've got a ton. Let me know what style recipe you are in the mood for and I'll look something up.

Great! It's boneless breasts by the way. I was just thinking of something easy and I'll put it over rice tonight.

Here is a good recipe - and you can sub boneless, skinless breast. (I got it from Allrecipes.com) If you sub breast, you can skip the browning part.SLOW COOKER HONEY GARLIC CHICKENINGREDIENTS * 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
* 3/4 cup honey
* 3/4 cup lite soy sauce
* 3 tablespoons ketchup
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed
* 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
* 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained with juice reserved
* 2 tablespoons cornstarch
* 1/4 cup waterDIRECTIONS 1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook chicken thighs just until evenly browned on all sides. Place thighs in a slow cooker.
2. In a bowl, mix honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, ginger, and reserved pineapple juice. Pour into the slow cooker.
3. Cover, and cook 4 hours on High. Stir in pineapple tidbits just before serving.
4. Mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Remove thighs from slow cooker. Blend the cornstarch mixture into remaining sauce in the slow cooker to thicken. Serve sauce over the chicken.

Google "dump chicken recipes".... lots of good ideas there!

I do it several ways:

1. put whole chicken in with a bottle of BBQ.
2. put whole chicken in with cans of cream of what ever u like
3. if i want to make chicken salad, put chicken in water with salt, pepper and garlic. then shred chicken and make salad.

I also like using poultry seasoning.

I also do this with chicken breast too. But normally with the crockpot since I will be cooking it all day long I use a whole chicken or bone in breast or leg quarters.

If you cook it all day long, it will be done, no worry! HA! But to tell if it is done I will pull some apart and look at the chicken. Or use the meat thermometer.

You could add veggies and noodles for soup too.

Try this blog for more recipes or look them up online. http://www.crockpot365.blogspot.com/

I put chicken in the crock pot all the time, no water...just dump some cream of mushroom soup on it, and let it go! Serve with mashed potatoes or rice or egg noodles.

Check out http://365crockpot.blogspot.com - she's got some great recipes, all with pictures of all ingredients and finished product, detailed (if needed) directions and reviews of all types of foods! I've made several :)

chefsteph07 said:
I put chicken in the crock pot all the time, no water...just dump some cream of mushroom soup on it, and let it go! Serve with mashed potatoes or rice or egg noodles.

I use 1 cup of wine (red or white depending on what you like) or you can also use a can of beer - (JMO Like the wine better) :chef:

My favorite crockpot chicken recipe is this:

Crockpot Chicken Stroganoff

Mix in a crockpot:
1 can cream of mushroom (or chicken) soup
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
16 oz sour cream

Put chicken breasts in that mixture. Cook on low for 6 hours.

I normally serve this over noodles. I'd say you can put up to maybe 6 chicken breasts in for this amount of sauce. Since I cook for 2 adults & 2 small kids, I normally do about 3 breasts and a little less of the sauce ingredients. It's so easy & yummy!

KateD said:
Check out http://365crockpot.blogspot.com - she's got some great recipes, all with pictures of all ingredients and finished product, detailed (if needed) directions and reviews of all types of foods! I've made several :)

I clicked on the link and it says that blog is gone. :confused:

I do a Rosemary Chicken recipe in my crockpot that is easy and tasty. It goes great over rice.

Rosemary Chicken

Chicken Breasts
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup (undiluted)
1 Can Cream of Celery Soup (undiluted)
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup (undiluted)
1 tsp each of rosemary, thyme, and tarragon

Put the soups in the crockpot and stir. Add spices and stir again. Add the chicken and stir around to coat. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 6 hours. Serve over rice.

I hope you enjoy! It is yummy and smells great while cooking.

~Kel

Related to Can I Make Chicken in a Crockpot?

1. Can I use frozen chicken in a crockpot recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken in a crockpot recipe. However, it is important to make sure the chicken reaches a safe internal temperature of 165°F before consuming. This may require longer cooking time or thawing the chicken beforehand.

2. How long should I cook chicken in a crockpot?

The cooking time for chicken in a crockpot can vary depending on the recipe and the size of the chicken pieces. In general, boneless chicken breasts take about 4-6 hours on low heat and 2-3 hours on high heat. Bone-in chicken may take longer, up to 8 hours on low heat and 4 hours on high heat.

3. Do I need to add liquid to the crockpot when cooking chicken?

It is recommended to add some liquid, such as broth or water, to the crockpot when cooking chicken. This will help keep the meat moist and prevent it from drying out. However, some recipes may not require additional liquid, so be sure to follow the specific instructions.

4. Can I use boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts in a crockpot recipe?

Yes, you can use boneless chicken thighs in a crockpot recipe. Just keep in mind that thighs may have a higher fat content, so you may need to adjust the cooking time and/or skim off any excess fat before serving.

5. Can I add vegetables to the crockpot with chicken?

Yes, you can add vegetables to the crockpot with chicken. However, it is important to consider the cooking time of the vegetables and add them accordingly. For example, root vegetables like potatoes and carrots may take longer to cook than other vegetables, so they should be added at the beginning, while more delicate vegetables like broccoli or zucchini can be added closer to the end of the cooking time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • NewbyPChef
  • General Chat
Replies