• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken Tamale Skillet Question

In summary, the person is making a Chicken Tamale Skillet for a meeting but does not have their change-over kit so they were sent the recipe. They are unsure about a part of the recipe that mentions using a Mix "N Chop to chop polenta into fine crumbs and are wondering if anyone knows what the cook's tips are. They also ask if Walmart would carry prepared cornmeal polenta and if there are any other tips. The person then shares their experience of finding polenta at different stores and eventually using mush in the recipe. They mention using Southwest Seasoning Mix instead of Chipotle seasoning and receiving positive feedback. They think it could be a good show recipe.
byrd1956
Gold Member
I am making the Chicken Tamale Skillet for a meeting. I do not have my change-over kit so I was sent the recipe, but there is a part of the recipe that says: "Use Mix “N Chop, chop polenta into fine crumbs (see cook’s tips)." Can someone tell me what the cook's tips are. Also I have never purchased prepared cornmeal polenta. Does anyone know if Walmart would carry it?
Any other tips?

I am thinking the "prepared cornmeal polenta" is something I may have seen at our Giant store. Our store is really bad at carrying odd things. I can't tell you how many items for PC recipes they have not had. So, my guess is that if I have seen it there, it should be readily available. What I saw was polenta in a "plastic roll". Like the Bob Evan's sausage in a roll (with the ends gathered). Hope that makes sense. The Polenta packaging was clear - so I could see the polenta inside - and it was bigger than the sausage rolls. In our store it was in the Organic refrigerated section. I only noticed it since I was looking for something else - so I am not sure if it also exists in the regular refrigerated section.Hope this helps.Oh! I found a picture of what I saw - in case my description was lacking!
upload_2015-8-3_6-20-37.jpeg
I don't have the recipe - so I can't help with your other question.

Attachments

• upload_2015-8-3_6-20-19.jpeg
    upload_2015-8-3_6-20-19.jpeg
    4.1 KB · Views: 500
Here's the cook's tips. Good luck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 578
I spend several trips looking for polenta and ended up at 5 different stores just today. I looked everywhere and could not find what the recipe called for; I found Italian Polenta and boxed polenta. I finally gave up and purchased mush. Since I didn't have the Chipotle seasoning I used the Southwest Seasoning Mix. The recipe came out fine with an extra kick; there were a number of positive comments. It was not that difficult and could be a good show recipe.

Hi there! I'm glad you're trying out the Chicken Tamale Skillet for your meeting. The Mix 'N Chop is a great tool for chopping polenta into fine crumbs. As for the cook's tips, they usually include helpful hints or suggestions for making the recipe even better. In this case, it's probably recommending a specific technique or method for chopping the polenta.
As for finding prepared cornmeal polenta, I'm not sure if Walmart carries it, but you can always check their website or give them a call to find out. Other stores that may carry it include health food stores or specialty grocery stores.
One tip I have for this recipe is to make sure to have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go before starting. This will make the cooking process smoother and more efficient. Happy cooking!

What is the recipe for Chicken Tamale Skillet?

The recipe for Chicken Tamale Skillet can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in our recipe book. It includes ingredients such as chicken, enchilada sauce, cornbread mix, and cheese.

Can I substitute the chicken for another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken for another protein such as ground beef, turkey, or tofu. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Do I need any special equipment to make this dish?

No, you do not need any special equipment. The recipe can be made in a regular skillet or a cast iron skillet.

How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 6-8 servings, depending on portion size. It can easily be doubled for a larger group or leftovers.

Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Chicken Tamale Skillet ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. Just reheat in the oven or on the stovetop before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Kate0831
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • stefani2