1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Chicken Tamale Skillet question

1. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

I am making the Chicken Tamale Skillet for a meeting. I do not have my change-over kit so I was sent the recipe, but there is a part of the recipe that says: "Use Mix “N Chop, chop polenta into fine crumbs (see cook’s tips)." Can someone tell me what the cook's tips are. Also I have never purchased prepared cornmeal polenta. Does anyone know if Walmart would carry it?
    Any other tips?

Aug 2, 2015
    Gingerbm likes this.
  2. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I am thinking the "prepared cornmeal polenta" is something I may have seen at our Giant store. Our store is really bad at carrying odd things. I can't tell you how many items for PC recipes they have not had. So, my guess is that if I have seen it there, it should be readily available. What I saw was polenta in a "plastic roll". Like the Bob Evan's sausage in a roll (with the ends gathered). Hope that makes sense. The Polenta packaging was clear - so I could see the polenta inside - and it was bigger than the sausage rolls. In our store it was in the Organic refrigerated section. I only noticed it since I was looking for something else - so I am not sure if it also exists in the regular refrigerated section.

Hope this helps.

Oh! I found a picture of what I saw - in case my description was lacking!

upload_2015-8-3_6-20-37.jpeg

I don't have the recipe - so I can't help with your other question.

Attached Files:

Aug 3, 2015
  3. Here's the cook's tips. Good luck.

Attached Files:

Aug 4, 2015
    byrd1956 likes this.
  4. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

I spend several trips looking for polenta and ended up at 5 different stores just today. I looked everywhere and could not find what the recipe called for; I found Italian Polenta and boxed polenta. I finally gave up and purchased mush. Since I didn't have the Chipotle seasoning I used the Southwest Seasoning Mix. The recipe came out fine with an extra kick; there were a number of positive comments. It was not that difficult and could be a good show recipe.

Aug 4, 2015
    Gingerbm likes this.
Have something to add?