1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Chicken Tamale Skillet question

1. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

I am making the Chicken Tamale Skillet for a meeting. I do not have my change-over kit so I was sent the recipe, but there is a part of the recipe that says: "Use Mix “N Chop, chop polenta into fine crumbs (see cook’s tips)." Can someone tell me what the cook's tips are. Also I have never purchased prepared cornmeal polenta. Does anyone know if Walmart would carry it?
    Any other tips?

Aug 2, 2015
    Gingerbm likes this.
  2. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I am thinking the "prepared cornmeal polenta" is something I may have seen at our Giant store. Our store is really bad at carrying odd things. I can't tell you how many items for PC recipes they have not had. So, my guess is that if I have seen it there, it should be readily available. What I saw was polenta in a "plastic roll". Like the Bob Evan's sausage in a roll (with the ends gathered). Hope that makes sense. The Polenta packaging was clear - so I could see the polenta inside - and it was bigger than the sausage rolls. In our store it was in the Organic refrigerated section. I only noticed it since I was looking for something else - so I am not sure if it also exists in the regular refrigerated section.

Hope this helps.

Oh! I found a picture of what I saw - in case my description was lacking!

upload_2015-8-3_6-20-37.jpeg

I don't have the recipe - so I can't help with your other question.

Attached Files:

Aug 3, 2015
  3. Here's the cook's tips. Good luck.

Attached Files:

Aug 4, 2015
    byrd1956 likes this.
  4. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

I spend several trips looking for polenta and ended up at 5 different stores just today. I looked everywhere and could not find what the recipe called for; I found Italian Polenta and boxed polenta. I finally gave up and purchased mush. Since I didn't have the Chipotle seasoning I used the Southwest Seasoning Mix. The recipe came out fine with an extra kick; there were a number of positive comments. It was not that difficult and could be a good show recipe.

Aug 4, 2015
    Gingerbm likes this.
Have something to add?