• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Power Cooking Chicken Show--Not Enough to Demo!

In summary, the host is cooking the chicken and the participant is providing various recipes to be cooked in the DCB.
ButterflyVioletta
I am doing a Power Cooking Chicken Show tomorrow and was just reviewing the recipes. According to the website they suggest having the host purchase for three meals and you prepare and serve one and then (and this is unclear) do the other two for the host at some other point?

At any rate, she has asked for the Smoky Black Bean Chicken Wraps. She will have the chicken prepared and the rice prepared. This means I have very little to show or do when I get there...meaning very little tools used!! As far as I can tell I'm shredding the cheese on the mandoline and then opening the can of beans with the can opener.

Sigh

She is extremely excited about the show concept, but this seems a little underwhelming in terms of an actual demonstration. And even if I do the Orzo and the Dijon recipes as well I am still only opening cans and mixing...so maybe a batter bowl.

Should I just discuss some of my favorite other items? Should I run out right now and get some ready made cookie dough to at least show off the bar pan? HELP!!

(I am also doing the Parmesan Oil Dip but obviously that only demonstrates the seasoning)

I haven't done one of these shows yet, but my take would be - not to panic! :D I don't know that I'd do something on another stone. What about a cake in the cookware? do you have the stuff for that? You are already doing something with the stoneware by using the DCB. Or if the Power cooking is going to be that fast, what about the caramel brownies? They show off several products, right? I'd be afraid to do too much food though and you are cooking forever just to try to demo products.I'd probably stick to the Power Cooking, and if you can't do a skillet cake to show off the cookware, then do the "potato demos" on a few key products- like the mandoline, food chopper, etc. There is a "Potato Show" document or two in the files.Good luck! I"m sure everyone will be super impressed by the chicken anyway! And be sure to let them know about ALL the different recipes you can do in the DCB and how versatile it is.

Don't panic.... You make up 2 of the Bag -n freeze meals and serve one. Have the chicken cooked when everyone arrives. You really need to make these ahead for yourself before you can really grasp them. I LOVE doing the beef PC meals! We are having the tacos tonight.

It will be OK!

LOL Bobbi I think the most important thing you said was "not to panic" :D I am within 10 days of ending my 30 days and it has been extremely frenetic trying to learn everything and figure out what to say as well as coaching three out of state catty shows so I'm feeling a bit pressured.But...the Power Cooking doesn't use the DCB, which I guess is odd...the host is dicing and sauteeing the chicken before I arrive. It's a good thing because the DCB is what I earn for getting my 30 day goal met.I will check out the skillet cake to see if it works with my wee pan and see what this Potato Show is all about...

etteluap70PC said:
Don't panic.... You make up 2 of the Bag -n freeze meals and serve one. Have the chicken cooked when everyone arrives. You really need to make these ahead for yourself before you can really grasp them. I LOVE doing the beef PC meals! We are having the tacos tonight.

It will be OK!

It's a great concept! She is totally excited about it!!

ButterflyVioletta said:
But...the Power Cooking doesn't use the DCB, which I guess is odd...the host is dicing and sauteeing the chicken before I arrive. It's a good thing because the DCB is what I earn for getting my 30 day goal met.

I will check out the skillet cake to see if it works with my wee pan and see what this Potato Show is all about...

A cukumber works better... does not get al brown or grey and you can eat it.

Just think of all the tools you can make with it. Really do not think you need it though. I know there was alot of talk about the chicken power cooking last fall when it was released, so you could search the threads.

Power cooking was released before the DCB really took off. If you or your host have a DCB you can cook your chicken in it.

So, here is what I do:Have the host put all the ingredients on the table and bring lots of measuring tools and can openers/strainers, cutting boards and knives. Give a recipe (up to freezing point ONLY) to two people and they are in charge of getting those two recipes together for the host. The third one is the main "demo". DO NOT have the chicken cooked! Put the rice in when the first person comes so they can see what you did - or have them do it and then talk about it later. Then, at the beginning of the show take ROCK HARD FROZEN chicken breasts (they cannot be frozen together and work best when frozen flat, not as a ball), put them in the DCB with salt, pepper and seasoning and top with the lid. Into the microwave for 10-12 minutes and you have Magic Chicken. People will be so amazed that they can take frozen chicken breasts and cook them in just 12 minutes - no more "I forgot to take the chicken out"! Then, finish the recipe that is for tasting and do the rest of the show. I also do Power Cooking Workshops (I'll post about that later) where people come and each make 3 recipes to take home. This is a good thing to have scheduled and advertise at Power Cooking shows. I charge $15 for the three meals...again, I'll go into that later in a detailed post.

Hijack... Hi Kate... haven't seen you arround in a while. You must hang out mostly on the director site these days. Hope all is well!

Can't wait to hear how you run your PC workshops!

Paulette - Thanks for noticing. I have had some family in the hospital, went through the relinquishment cycle with my directorship, but recruited three in April. Things are getting back on track.

cmdtrgd said:
So, here is what I do:

Have the host put all the ingredients on the table and bring lots of measuring tools and can openers/strainers, cutting boards and knives. Give a recipe (up to freezing point ONLY) to two people and they are in charge of getting those two recipes together for the host. The third one is the main "demo". DO NOT have the chicken cooked! Put the rice in when the first person comes so they can see what you did - or have them do it and then talk about it later. Then, at the beginning of the show take ROCK HARD FROZEN chicken breasts (they cannot be frozen together and work best when frozen flat, not as a ball), put them in the DCB with salt, pepper and seasoning and top with the lid. Into the microwave for 10-12 minutes and you have Magic Chicken. People will be so amazed that they can take frozen chicken breasts and cook them in just 12 minutes - no more "I forgot to take the chicken out"! Then, finish the recipe that is for tasting and do the rest of the show. I also do Power Cooking Workshops (I'll post about that later) where people come and each make 3 recipes to take home. This is a good thing to have scheduled and advertise at Power Cooking shows. I charge $15 for the three meals...again, I'll go into that later in a detailed post.

Wow fantastic!!! Thanks so much for this concept...in our area we have shops like Dinner Done and others that operate solely on this concept, you get meals set up in bags in your freezer for minimal prep later. That is one thing that appealed to me so much about the Power Cooking is that it resembled it and what you've done on the workshop is fantastic.

(I have to work towards this however, as I'm working on earning my DCB in my first 30 days so I don't have it yet....)

Is there anyone in your area who could lend you a DCB?

Not by tomorrow at 8am when we go out to the show...the only person I know is my director and I haven't even met her as of yet...I am doing a show the following weekend and would love to demo the 30 minute chicken as I've seen many write about that as well. Is borrowing acceptable?Kate...I hope you will post more about your workshop

As far as a Power Cooking Show, bring as many little tools that you have and let them talk about which tools they already have, what they use it for and why they love it. They'll sell products for you. If they ask you a question about a product that you don't know much about yet or don't have yet, let them know that you're starting your business and looking forward to adding to your kit, but that Pampered Chef will help teach you a lot, as will the guests when they talk about their favorites and their uses.

I did my first Power Cooking Cooking Class last Saturday with my goal being to teach a group how to Power Cook more so than selling products. Everyone brought their own cubed chicken - uncooked so they could use the family skillet - and $15 to cover the rest of the groceries. I paired them in teams of 2 and set up stations or centers for them to go to (frozen foods, canned foods, seasonings, cookware, prep/cutting areas). I simply walked around from group to group guiding them (I used to be a first grade teacher so the center idea was easiest and most natural to me!).
As they finished each guest put her 3 meals into one of our new reusable PC bags (THAT was a huge hit!!!) that I had given them for "coming to class" and they started picking up catalogs. I put no pressure on ordering, but I did have a display table of new spring products and HWC products.

Long story short... I left with 2 bookings (1 catty & another Power Cooking Class) and a $600 show!!! WOW! One guest called the host as I finished packing up my car to say she just stopped at the grocery store on her way home to pick up a few more things and when she returned to her car, it smelled like stir-fry. She and her hubby were going to have the Chicken Stir-Fry that night!
Here's the invitation I mailed to the host's guests with a mini catalog...

Attachments

• Power Cooking Class-invite.doc
    96.5 KB · Views: 413
Another easy demo for items in the new kit:
EASY Lacy Cheese Crisps from Soups, Stews & Chilis (discontinued this past Fall/Winter)(Try it tonight if you have time so you know what to expect! DH remembered and suggested this one! I love him!)
Bring a block of colby jack cheese.
(Demo the cutting board, the utility knife, the bar pan, the stackable cooling rack and the mini serving spatula or the slotted turner.)

Preheat oven to 375. Slice one 4-in chunk of cheese into twelve 1/4-in-thick slices; cut each slice in half to make 24 squares.

Place squares 1 inch apart on Large Bar Pan. Bake 14-16 minutes or until cheese is lacy in appearance and edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on baking stone and remove to Stackable Cooling Rack using mini serving spatula or slotted turner. Put the rest of the squares on the bar and return to the oven; repeat.

The original recipe called for the large round stone. Make sure to leave enough space between the cheese (resist the temptation to cram all 24 onto the bar pan). If you put them too close together, they will all run together into a giant soupy mess -- but it will still work if you let them cook until you get the right consistency and let them start to cool and cut with the pizza cutter (which is another chance to demo a tool!). The reason I recommend trying this in advance is because the first time we tried this, we were positive we messed it up and pulled it out of the oven too early!

One last thing -- don't use fat-free cheese -- it doesn't flow right.

It's a big hit!! And EASY!

Wow Trish....I just came back and found your posts...this is really a phenomenal amount of information for me not just tomorrow but going forward...I very much thank you for the time you took to share all of this! ((hugs))Off to the grocery store to get the colby jack!! (Thanks to DH too...mine is so enthusiastic about PC that he's going to start helping me demo at shows starting next week!!)

cmdtrgd said:
So, here is what I do:

Then, at the beginning of the show take ROCK HARD FROZEN chicken breasts (they cannot be frozen together and work best when frozen flat, not as a ball), put them in the DCB with salt, pepper and seasoning and top with the lid. Into the microwave for 10-12 minutes and you have Magic Chicken. People will be so amazed that they can take frozen chicken breasts and cook them in just 12 minutes - no more "I forgot to take the chicken out"!

I thought that putting frozen dense foods... like chicken... could cause cracks in the stoneware items?? I'm only 30 days in, so I'm not sure about this?

As long as it is going in to the Microwave with the DCB cold/room temp it is OK.

cmdtrgd said:
So, here is what I do:Have the host put all the ingredients on the table and bring lots of measuring tools and can openers/strainers, cutting boards and knives. Give a recipe (up to freezing point ONLY) to two people and they are in charge of getting those two recipes together for the host. The third one is the main "demo". DO NOT have the chicken cooked! Put the rice in when the first person comes so they can see what you did - or have them do it and then talk about it later. Then, at the beginning of the show take ROCK HARD FROZEN chicken breasts (they cannot be frozen together and work best when frozen flat, not as a ball), put them in the DCB with salt, pepper and seasoning and top with the lid. Into the microwave for 10-12 minutes and you have Magic Chicken. People will be so amazed that they can take frozen chicken breasts and cook them in just 12 minutes - no more "I forgot to take the chicken out"! Then, finish the recipe that is for tasting and do the rest of the show. I also do Power Cooking Workshops (I'll post about that later) where people come and each make 3 recipes to take home. This is a good thing to have scheduled and advertise at Power Cooking shows. I charge $15 for the three meals...again, I'll go into that later in a detailed post.
Nevermind. I didn't read far enough

Last edited:
TrishPCMommy said:
I did my first Power Cooking Cooking Class last Saturday with my goal being to teach a group how to Power Cook more so than selling products. Everyone brought their own cubed chicken - uncooked so they could use the family skillet - and $15 to cover the rest of the groceries. I paired them in teams of 2 and set up stations or centers for them to go to (frozen foods, canned foods, seasonings, cookware, prep/cutting areas). I simply walked around from group to group guiding them (I used to be a first grade teacher so the center idea was easiest and most natural to me!).
As they finished each guest put her 3 meals into one of our new reusable PC bags (THAT was a huge hit!!!) that I had given them for "coming to class" and they started picking up catalogs. I put no pressure on ordering, but I did have a display table of new spring products and HWC products.

Long story short... I left with 2 bookings (1 catty & another Power Cooking Class) and a $600 show!!! WOW! One guest called the host as I finished packing up my car to say she just stopped at the grocery store on her way home to pick up a few more things and when she returned to her car, it smelled like stir-fry. She and her hubby were going to have the Chicken Stir-Fry that night!
Here's the invitation I mailed to the host's guests with a mini catalog...

The Power Cooking show I did last week was a huge hit and I mentioned the workshop class to the guests and they were so jealous that the current hostess got "freezer meals" that they said they would totally go to a workshop where they got to take meals. My host this weekend said she wanted to attend too...I told her I would bring fliers, but I'm thinking of modifying the concept slightly....

What do you think of renting a VFW or something, advertising the workshop and being your own host?

what I usually do is prepare all the dishes in front of everyone so they can see how easy it is to prepare and store for another night. This should also lead to bookings and bring up the hamburger Power cooking show and the receipes for that. Which are delicious!

ButterflyVioletta said:
The Power Cooking show I did last week was a huge hit and I mentioned the workshop class to the guests and they were so jealous that the current hostess got "freezer meals" that they said they would totally go to a workshop where they got to take meals. My host this weekend said she wanted to attend too...I told her I would bring fliers, but I'm thinking of modifying the concept slightly....

What do you think of renting a VFW or something, advertising the workshop and being your own host?

I think that's a great idea!!! I'm trying to figure out how to do that myself; I know the workshop would be a great hit! Maybe you can even limit it to 15-20guests per workshop (so you can still walk around and talk with each guest)and people could keep signing up as the workshops fill (Saturday morning and Saturday evening or 2 Saturdays...). TALK ABOUT BOOKINGS!!! Advertise to local churchs, MOPS/MAPS groups and more! (Would be awesome to fill June SAT with!!!) Plus, June's Guest Special are the rubs when they spend $60; they could purchase $60 in products to help them continue to Power Cook and get the rubs for their recipes for free!

Why rent a VFW hall? Find a Church kitchen that will let you use their kitchen and maybe offer their members/parishioners a "registration" discount for using their kitchen.

What is the purpose of the Power Cooking Chicken Show?

The Power Cooking Chicken Show is designed to demonstrate the efficiency and ease of cooking chicken using Pampered Chef products. It showcases different techniques and recipes for cooking chicken and provides tips for making the process quicker and more convenient.

What types of techniques and recipes will be demonstrated in the Power Cooking Chicken Show?

The Power Cooking Chicken Show will demonstrate a variety of techniques and recipes, such as grilling, baking, and using a pressure cooker or air fryer. It will also showcase different seasonings and marinades to enhance the flavor of the chicken.

Do I need to have Pampered Chef products to participate in the Power Cooking Chicken Show?

No, you do not need to have Pampered Chef products to participate in the Power Cooking Chicken Show. However, using Pampered Chef products can make the cooking process easier and more efficient. You can also purchase any products used in the show at a discounted price.

How long does the Power Cooking Chicken Show typically last?

The Power Cooking Chicken Show usually lasts around 1-2 hours, depending on the amount of content being demonstrated and any questions from the audience. It is recommended to set aside at least 2 hours for the show to ensure you have enough time to learn and ask any questions.

Is there a cost to attend the Power Cooking Chicken Show?

No, there is no cost to attend the Power Cooking Chicken Show. It is a free event designed to showcase Pampered Chef products and provide helpful tips and recipes for cooking chicken. However, you may choose to purchase any products used in the show at a discounted price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • donnathepamperedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies