• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner Tonight? Leftovers and Chilaquiles!

In summary, Debbie is having leftovers for dinner tonight. She has chicken, rice, cheese and broccoli casserole. Tonight is prayer meeting, so she will probably do something easy like chicken, rice, cheese and broccoli casserole. She will also make Katie Lee Joel's Rustic Beef Stew with warm buttered Hawaiian Sweet rolls. Teenage DS and she are going out to eat at Uno's or BW3's for wings. Debbie has a show tonight and she plans on making food for the Super Bowl.
rennea
Gold Member
Goodmorning everyone!

Tonight for dinner we are having leftovers. I have lots of food in the fridge that needs to be used up.

So we are having pasta, chicken w/rice and lots of veggies:thumbup:

Chicken with gravy, stuffing and a veg (carrots or green beans)We're going to the Auto Show tonight, so I'll have to have it done so that we can eat and leave as soon as DH gets home from work.

Tonight is the baked BBQ'd chicken legs, baked beans, and salad. Probably some Alexia Waffle Fries too. They were demoing them a couple weeks ago at Costco, so we have an institutional sized bag of them in the freezer! (those darn Costco demos!)

http://www.alexiafoods.com/product_info.html?product_id=21

Yesterday we had pizza which was nice. It was customer appreciation day at Little Caesar's. You can't beat a $4 large pizza! We get 3 of them.

Tonight is prayer meeting so we'll probably do something easy like chicken, rice, cheese and broccoli casserole.

Debbie :D

ChefBeckyD said:
Tonight is the baked BBQ'd chicken legs, baked beans, and salad. Probably some Alexia Waffle Fries too. They were demoing them a couple weeks ago at Costco, so we have an institutional sized bag of them in the freezer! (those darn Costco demos!)

http://www.alexiafoods.com/product_info.html?product_id=21

Oh, I LOVE the Alexia fries. The salt and pepper fries are my fave. They are SO good.

I'm probably going to have a junk food night... McDonald's or Taco Bell... because it's my night at the cat shelter so I won't be home until after 8 PM.

I'll be making Katie Lee Joel's Rustic Beef Stew! With warm buttered Hawaiian Sweet rolls. (I'll just be licking them, as white bread/white carbs are a no-no for me!) :(

We'll be having left over turkey pot pie, made from scratch. I'm looking forward to it as it was so yummy the first time :). Maybe asparagus with it, or some other veggie.

Teenage DS and I are going out to eat, probably Uno's or BW3's for wings, his favorite.

Kitchen Diva said:
I'll be making Katie Lee Joel's Rustic Beef Stew! With warm buttered Hawaiian Sweet rolls. (I'll just be licking them, as white bread/white carbs are a no-no for me!) :(

I just about spit my tea all over the computer screen!

Good thing I've had enough experience on here to realize that it's a danger!

You make me laugh, Girl! (The Hawaiian Sweet Rolls are a favorite of DH & DS....I never thought about just licking them!)

ChefBeckyD said:
I just about spit my tea all over the computer screen!

Good thing I've had enough experience on here to realize that it's a danger!

You make me laugh, Girl! (The Hawaiian Sweet Rolls are a favorite of DH & DS....I never thought about just licking them!)

Glad I could make you laugh. I am very sad about having to break up with Hawaiian Sweet rolls. They are about the only white bread I eat. I rarely make sandwiches, so to have one of those rolls slightly warmed in the oven with a pan of butter in the middle...

Yup- I'll just be licking mine. And if a small 1 inch crumb 'happens' to fall into my mouth, well no harm there, right? :blushing::angel:

I have a pot roast cooking in the crock pot...put it in a few hours ago, went to Costco and just came home to amazing aromas:)..can't wait till dinner. May make the garlic bites w/them because I have a few extra bisquit containers in frig...(on sale last week at Wegman's).

I am hosting my own show tonight...we are making superbowl food Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie
Jalapeno Popper Pizzaz
Black Forest Trifleand then maybe I should grab a banana or something :)

Get_Pampered said:
I am hosting my own show tonight...we are making superbowl food

Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie
Jalapeno Popper Pizzaz
Black Forest Trifle

and then maybe I should grab a banana or something :)

Why a banana?

You have:

Peppers
and more Peppers,
and cherries.....

and lots of dairy!

looks pretty balanced to me!:D

I have boneless chicken breast out and I don't know what I want to do with it. I have been running around for about a week. My mom was in the hospital all last week and a few days the week before so I just made quick meals and easy recipes.

I want to do something with it but I don't have much stuff in the house. I need to go food shopping and stock up on some of the staples that I am out of.

ChefBeckyD said:
Why a banana?

You have:

Peppers
and more Peppers,
and cherries.....

and lots of dairy!

looks pretty balanced to me!:D

You know I think you are right...besides the jalapenos make you sweat and sweating = burning calories!

Chef Michelle D said:
I have boneless chicken breast out and I don't know what I want to do with it. I have been running around for about a week. My mom was in the hospital all last week and a few days the week before so I just made quick meals and easy recipes.

I want to do something with it but I don't have much stuff in the house. I need to go food shopping and stock up on some of the staples that I am out of.

All could be done in DCB in microwave:
BBQ chicken
Jerk chicken
make your own rub out of olive oil and your fave seasonings...basil & garlic are yummy
pound 'em, bread 'em, smother 'em in Spaghetti sauce and cheese

You could always just lick the banana... that way you get the taste but non of the calories.

I'm mourning the loss of my Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. (Sob...sniffle...wail...moan...sniffle...cry)

I'm fairly new, so I tried the power cooking recipes this week. Sunday we had the enchilada casserole, tonight we are having the shepherd's pie. I'm looking forward to it, but no clue on what to have with it.

Last edited:
Kitchen Diva said:
You could always just lick the banana... that way you get the taste but non of the calories.

I'm mourning the loss of my Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. (Sob...sniffle...wail...moan...sniffle...cry)

You goof! that is sooo backwards! I should eat the banana and then lick everything else! Sure my guests will love that:D

I will pray for your loss:angel:

Symara said:
I'm fairly new, so I tried the power cooking recipes this week. Sunday we had the enchilada casserole, tonight we are having the shepherd's pie. I'm looking forward to it, but no clue on what to have with it.

How about some warm buttery Hawaiian sweet rolls?:D

Kacey has some slightly licked ones she could offer to you!

Snort! Good thing I was done with my christmas tea :D!

ChefBeckyD said:

YUM!:yuck:

B/c it's a church night we're having Hamburger Helper. It's quick and easy!

ChefBeckyD said:

Sorry, after I lick them, I keep them- ya know, just as a souvenir!

Kitchen Diva said:
Sorry, after I lick them, I keep them- ya know, just as a souvenir!

Ewww...on so many levels... :rolleyes:

Becky - I'm with you...almost spit out my Coke! :eek:

We are having Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles from the new 29 minutes cookbook - this will be a fab show recipe I believe!

Russell is having chicken tenders and the rest of us are eating at church.

Out to dinner with my HO buddy at Macaroni Grill. We split the dinner bill,and she buys the wine. Such a deal!

I am going to ask her some questions about the new Career Plan. I will post anything interesting I hear.

I made lasagna, salad and bread.

pamperedlinda said:
We are having Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles from the new 29 minutes cookbook - this will be a fab show recipe I believe!

So how was this - and would you post the recipe, pretty please?:chef:

We had bbq ribs from the dcb, I made chicken cutlets with smokey bbq rub on the bar pan, FF, broccoli and corn - the cutlets were to die for! I made 8 and all were gone - so were the ribs but I only made 1 rack!

It was a quick dinner night, my BFs DS has wrestling practice. We got a box dinner thing at Sams. It was a chicken dish that had a lemon garlic butter sauce and had capers, artichokes and tomatoes in it. I served it over brown rice and made some steamed cauliflower. It was very yummy and pretty quick!

ChefBeckyD said:
So how was this - and would you post the recipe, pretty please?:chef:

FABULOUS!!!!! Awesome show recipe!

pardon any typos - I'm not planning to proofread as I type tonight.....I;m also abreviating a bit....

Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles

1 1/2 pounds boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1 TBLSP Southwester Seasoning Mix
1 3/4 cups Salsa Verde
1 Cup Chicken Broth
3/4 cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
12 cups tortilla chips (Restaurant Style)
2 Cups Chihuahua Cheese - shredded (or Monterey Jack)
1 cup crumbled Queso Fresco (or farmers cheese or feta cheese)
sour cream - optional as a garnish

1) cut chicken into 1-inch cubes. Combine seasoning mix with chicken in the DCB. Mix well. Spread evenly. Mocrowave covered 4 mins. Open stir to break0-up chicken - microwave 4 more mins. Drain into collander.

2)combime slasa and brith in 4-cup easy read measure cup. Chop cilantro. Arrange half of chips in bottom of DCB - braek them some. top with half of chicken, half of salsa/brith mixture, half of each cheese, 1/2 cup of cilantro. repeat layers except for cilantro/

3) cover & microwave 5- mins. let sit coveres 5 mins. sprinkle with remaining cilantro & serve.

DELICIOUS!!!! I served it with some guacamole - extra yummy. I also cooked some black beans to go with it.

I called my host for tomorow night and we are switching to this recipe. This is my new WOW recipe!

pamperedlinda said:
FABULOUS!!!!! Awesome show recipe!

pardon any typos - I'm not planning to proofread as I type tonight.....I;m also abreviating a bit....

Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles

1 1/2 pounds boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1 TBLSP Southwester Seasoning Mix
1 3/4 cups Salsa Verde
1 Cup Chicken Broth
3/4 cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
12 cups tortilla chips (Restaurant Style)
2 Cups Chihuahua Cheese - shredded (or Monterey Jack)
1 cup crumbled Queso Fresco (or farmers cheese or feta cheese)
sour cream - optional as a garnish

1) cut chicken into 1-inch cubes. Combine seasoning mix with chicken in the DCB. Mix well. Spread evenly. Mocrowave covered 4 mins. Open stir to break0-up chicken - microwave 4 more mins. Drain into collander.

2)combime slasa and brith in 4-cup easy read measure cup. Chop cilantro. Arrange half of chips in bottom of DCB - braek them some. top with half of chicken, half of salsa/brith mixture, half of each cheese, 1/2 cup of cilantro. repeat layers except for cilantro/

3) cover & microwave 5- mins. let sit coveres 5 mins. sprinkle with remaining cilantro & serve.

DELICIOUS!!!! I served it with some guacamole - extra yummy. I also cooked some black beans to go with it.

I called my host for tomorow night and we are switching to this recipe. This is my new WOW recipe!

Thanks so much for posting this recipe Linda :)

Sorry for being off topic for a second but is it because I'm blond, Canadian or just stupid that I have NO idea what any of the above items are/mean?

Salsa Verde - green Chili Salsa made from tomatillos - find it in the mexican section

Chihuahua Cheese - I've never seen it before - the cookbook & Google say you can substitute Monterey Jack - that's what I did

Queso Fresco - a white creamy cheese like the texture of feta. The cookbook says you can substitute Farmers Cheese - Google says you can also substitute feta chese. I was able to find Queso Fresco in my grocery store - it does have the texture of feta, but it's much milder.

Oh, and I also do not know what Chilaquiles means - but it's yummy!

Oh, one more thing - the finished recipe looked just like the picture!

I made Easy Chicken Bake. I found the recipe on the back of a Stove Top Stuffing Box and figured my family might like it...and they did! It's not the world's most creative meal, but it's pretty tasty. I'm sharing the recipe with everyone because it really was quick and easy, and I'll definitely be making it again (especially since we bought a ton of boneless/skinless chicken breasts last week on sale). I did the math and the whole casserole only cost us about $7.50, feeding a family of four! If DH and I hadn't split what was left, I'm sure we would have had enough for my lunch tomorrow...but we were hungry enough for seconds. :)

EASY CHICKEN BAKE - Prep 10 minutes, Bake 30 minutes = 40 minutes total

1 pkg. (6 oz.) Stove Top Cornbread Stuffing Mix
1 1/2 lb. boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup sour cream
1 bag (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained (I did the Steam-in-Bag ones and put them in the microwave according to the directions)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package and set aside.
2. Mix chicken, soup, sour cream and vegetables in 13x9 baking dish. Top with prepared stuffing evenly.
3. Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (30 minutes was perfect for when I did it).

Serves 6.

that does sound good thanks!

pamperedlinda said:
Oh, and I also do not know what Chilaquiles means - but it's yummy!

LOL and I wonder how you personally would pronounce it! No offense but here in Tucson we are more familiar. My family always makes me put on a show when I go home by saying things like guacamole and burrito. I no longer say them the "honkey" way but the real way with the mexican accents...and they think it sounds funny! haha:p

1. What are some tips for using up leftovers in a creative way?

One tip is to repurpose the leftovers into a new dish, such as using leftover chicken to make a stir-fry or using leftover pasta to make a pasta salad. Another tip is to freeze leftovers in individual portions for quick and easy meals later on.

2. Can you provide any recipe suggestions for using up leftover chicken?

Absolutely! Some ideas include chicken quesadillas, chicken pot pie, or chicken and vegetable stir-fry. You can also shred the chicken and use it in tacos, salads, or sandwiches.

3. I have leftover rice, what can I do with it?

There are many options for using up leftover rice. You can make fried rice, add it to soups or casseroles, or use it to make rice pudding. You can also mix it with beans, vegetables, and your choice of protein for a quick and easy rice bowl.

4. How can I make sure my leftovers are safe to eat?

To ensure the safety of your leftovers, it's important to follow proper food storage guidelines. Leftovers should be stored in airtight containers and refrigerated within two hours of cooking. They can be kept in the fridge for 3-4 days or frozen for longer storage. When reheating leftovers, make sure they reach an internal temperature of 165°F before eating.

5. What are chilaquiles and how can I make them?

Chilaquiles are a traditional Mexican dish made with fried tortillas, salsa, and other toppings such as beans, cheese, and meat. To make them, simply fry corn tortillas in oil until crispy, then mix with your choice of salsa and toppings in a pan. Cook until heated through and serve as a delicious and easy meal. You can also add eggs for a breakfast twist on this dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cewcooks
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • pamperedbybarbara