• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's on the Menu for Dinner Tonight?

I love feta cheese, so maybe I'd sprinkle more on top of the soup. I'd like to try it with lamb sometime.In summary, the conversation was about the different dinner options people were considering for the night. Some mentioned making a veggie stir fry, chocolate chip cookies, ribs with potatoes and broccoli, or beef and barley soup. Others were unsure and still trying to decide. One person mentioned working at a dog grooming shop and eating while working, while another mentioned picking up pizza or burgers on their way out of town. The recipe for Greek Wedding Soup was also shared, with some modifications and suggestions for future variations.
rennea
Gold Member
Goodmorning,

I'm making a veggie stir fry with steamed rice for dinner tonight.

I have made chocolate chip cookies for dessert:)

I was going to do Ribs, with cheesy potatoes, and broccoli, but I keep thinking of all of the food we will be consuming tomorrow, and I can't make myself make a big dinner tonight!

I'm not sure - we may have beef/barley soup w/ crusty french bread.

Or baked potatoes w/ chili and cheese.... I'm still trying to decide.

I still don't know how you decide dinner so early!

wadesgirl said:
I still don't know how you decide dinner so early!

Probably because I'm always thinking about food.:eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
Probably because I'm always thinking about food.:eek:

Well, I'm always thinking about food, but it's always what I'm going to eat next. Like lunch is coming up... I'm having a chicken sandwhich out of the chicken DH grilled the other night.

Pasta for DH & DS tonight, I will be out. I have a friend that owns a dog grooming shop and I will work for sometimes during the busy season. So I will eat something while working, not sure what yet. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

We are picking up Pizza or burgers on the way out of town. Driving to Philly tonight!

BBQ Polish sausage with potatoes and green beans

Greek Wedding Soup from Rachael Ray's magazine, sometime fall of 08, page 97 (I tore it out, so not sure which month).

Greek Wedding Soup

Two 32 oz containers chicken broth (8 cups)
3/4 pound ground lamb or beef (we used ground round)
2/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (oops, used curly)
1/3 cup bread crumbs (used store bought, fine ones)
1/4 cup feta cheese, chopped or crumbled
1 large egg
2 cloves garlic, pressed (oops again, used just one)
2 sprigs oregano, finely chopped (didn't use)
Salt and Pepper (used the grinder set for these)
1 cup orzo pasta
Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
1/3 cup chopped mint leaves (skipped, forgot to buy)

In a deep skillet or Dutch oven bring the chicken broth to a boil. Lower the heat and bring to a simmer. (I used the 8 qt Stockpot from Executive Cookware.)

Meanwhile, in a large bowl (4 quart Stainless Mixing Bowl), gently combine the lamb, half of the parsley (which I spun in the salad spinner, put in a Prep Bowl and cut up with the Kitchen Shears), the bread crumbs, feta, egg, garlic and oregano; season with salt and pepper. Using the Small Scoop, form 1 inch meatballs. Add them to the simmering broth along with the orzo and cook for 8 minutes.

Grate the lemon peel with the Microplane Adjustable Grater. Cut the lemon in half on a Cutting Board with the Utility Knife. Juice the lemon in the Juicer. Stir in the lemon peel and juice along with the remaining parsley and the mint.

This was very good and pretty easy to make. I skipped some ingredients, and maybe that's why I thought it had too much lemon. I would only use the juice from half the lemon next time. I love feta cheese, so maybe I'd sprinkle more on top of the soup. I'd like to try it with lamb sometime.

We ate lite with tacos.

JAE said:
Greek Wedding Soup from Rachael Ray's magazine, sometime fall of 08, page 97 (I tore it out, so not sure which month).

Greek Wedding Soup

Two 32 oz containers chicken broth (8 cups)
3/4 pound ground lamb or beef (we used ground round)
2/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (oops, used curly)
1/3 cup bread crumbs (used store bought, fine ones)
1/4 cup feta cheese, chopped or crumbled
1 large egg
2 cloves garlic, pressed (oops again, used just one)
2 sprigs oregano, finely chopped (didn't use)
Salt and Pepper (used the grinder set for these)
1 cup orzo pasta
Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
1/3 cup chopped mint leaves (skipped, forgot to buy)

In a deep skillet or Dutch oven bring the chicken broth to a boil. Lower the heat and bring to a simmer. (I used the 8 qt Stockpot from Executive Cookware.)

Meanwhile, in a large bowl (4 quart Stainless Mixing Bowl), gently combine the lamb, half of the parsley (which I spun in the salad spinner, put in a Prep Bowl and cut up with the Kitchen Shears), the bread crumbs, feta, egg, garlic and oregano; season with salt and pepper. Using the Small Scoop, form 1 inch meatballs. Add them to the simmering broth along with the orzo and cook for 8 minutes.

Grate the lemon peel with the Microplane Adjustable Grater. Cut the lemon in half on a Cutting Board with the Utility Knife. Juice the lemon in the Juicer. Stir in the lemon peel and juice along with the remaining parsley and the mint.

This was very good and pretty easy to make. I skipped some ingredients, and maybe that's why I thought it had too much lemon. I would only use the juice from half the lemon next time. I love feta cheese, so maybe I'd sprinkle more on top of the soup. I'd like to try it with lamb sometime.

This sounds soooo good!

we got white pizza and cheese steaks....

Related to What's on the Menu for Dinner Tonight?

1. What is the theme for "What's for Dinner?" on November 26th?

The theme for "What's for Dinner?" on November 26th is "Thanksgiving Leftovers Reinvented." We will be sharing creative and delicious ways to use up those Thanksgiving leftovers in new and exciting dishes.

2. Will there be any gluten-free or vegetarian options available?

Yes, we will have a variety of gluten-free and vegetarian options for "What's for Dinner?" on November 26th. Our recipes will include alternatives for those with dietary restrictions.

3. How can I access the recipes for "What's for Dinner?" on November 26th?

The recipes for "What's for Dinner?" on November 26th will be available on our Pampered Chef website. You can also find them on our social media pages and in our weekly newsletter.

4. Can I make substitutions for ingredients in the recipes?

Yes, you can make substitutions for ingredients in the recipes for "What's for Dinner?" on November 26th. Our recipes are meant to be customizable and we encourage you to use your favorite ingredients or make adjustments based on personal preferences or allergies.

5. Are there any special tools or equipment needed to make the recipes?

Most of the recipes for "What's for Dinner?" on November 26th can be made with basic kitchen tools and equipment. However, a few recipes may require specific items such as a food processor or blender. We will make sure to list any special tools or equipment needed in the recipe instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cookingwith_tara
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
Replies
Views
Stampaholic1961