• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Plan Ahead for Dinner This Week?

Kristin is having Chow Mein.Bow Tie Pasta with Feta Cheese and Sundried Tomatoes.Kristin is also taking Crab Rangoon Dip and Bowtie Pasta with Feta Cheese and Sundried tomatoes to work for 2 different food functions.
SummerG
So what is everybody planning for dinner this week? I sat down yesterday and chose 5 recipes to make for this week. The past few weeks have been hectic at dinner because we had not been planning ahead and the minute I got home from work I was HUNGRY (I'm pregnant) and didn't feel like prepping, etc. So this week we are having:

Paprika Chicken and Egg Noodles
Shrimp Orzo Skillet
Beef Enchilada Casserole
Korean-Style Beef Bowl
Skinny Chicken Stroganoff

I still have to go grocery shopping so tonight we will probably have frozen pizza and I will shop afterwards.

What about everybody else?

I try to make out menus for at least the week ahead, and now I've been doing a good job going even a few weeks ahead. Your five recipes sound delicious - you should give us the recipes here!!

Tonight chili with homemade rolls
Tuesday wild rice and mushroom soup
Wed is date night (we are talking our 14 yo to the new American Girl Bistro I think they are only serving desserts this week it is their opening for family & friends) so I'm hoping the Oceanairre since it is within walking ditance) :)
Thursday ?? no one is home for dinner
Friday football we'll eat at the concession stand

Tonight we had Fettuccine with sauce and cucmber slices in Kens Italian dressing.

I have no idea for the rest of the week. I am trying to get menus done on Sunday for the week. It is still a work in progress. I do have a Pork Loin in the freezer and some salmon. I might make that this week.

oooh Kristin
I make a great knockoff of an old Pappadeaux's salmon recipe
season it with some Cajun spices, grill it both sides in our grill pan
Layer with fresh spinach leaves (dry thoroughly)
Make a sauce with monterrey jack cheese, 1/2 and 1/2 a little butter & a dash of tabasco sauce and a little more cajun seasoning. Pour over the fresh spinach leaves and cook in oven until the spinach leaves wilt.

Ok, this week we are running everywhere!

Yesterday: Pizza Burgers and I made Crab Rangoon dip from the Season's Best to try before I take it to work Friday.

Tonight: DH at the fire department so I may get by lazy and cheap and make the kids frozen pizza and a can of corn - pathetic huh?

Tomorrow: AWANA night so we'll have to sneak in McD's since it takes too long to pick up kids, drive 36 miles round trip to go home and back into town for AWANA.

Wednesday: I have to teach Pet First Aid in the evening so the kids and DH will probably have chicken with Italian Dressing and rice.

Thursday: Spaghetti Dinner (I will be taking Crab Rangoon Dip and Bowtie Pasta with Feta Cheese and Sundried tomatoes to work for 2 different food functions)

Friday: I have a PC show that I am making the Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches for...kids will have something with Dad - need to plan that still.

Saturday: FINALLY back to "normal" and no running and I can make something "nicer"

janetupnorth said:
Ok, this week we are running everywhere!

Yesterday: Pizza Burgers and I made Crab Rangoon dip from the Season's Best to try before I take it to work Friday.

Tonight: DH at the fire department so I may get by lazy and cheap and make the kids frozen pizza and a can of corn - pathetic huh?

Tomorrow: AWANA night so we'll have to sneak in McD's since it takes too long to pick up kids, drive 36 miles round trip to go home and back into town for AWANA.

Wednesday: I have to teach Pet First Aid in the evening so the kids and DH will probably have chicken with Italian Dressing and rice.

Thursday: Spaghetti Dinner (I will be taking Crab Rangoon Dip and Bowtie Pasta with Feta Cheese and Sundried tomatoes to work for 2 different food functions)

Friday: I have a PC show that I am making the Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches for...kids will have something with Dad - need to plan that still.

Saturday: FINALLY back to "normal" and no running and I can make something "nicer"

Can I have your recipe for this? :love:

ChefBeckyD said:
Can I have your recipe for this? :love:

Yes!!!! It is AWESOME - I posted it on here before...give me a sec. to find it! :)

Bow Tie Pasta with Feta Cheese and Sundried Tomatoes

INGREDIENTS
1 (12 ounce) package bow ties - you can also use 16 ounces of angel hair pasta
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed
3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, softened and chopped
1 (8 ounce) package tomato basil feta cheese, crumbled
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water until done; drain. Return pasta to the pot.
Mix in olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, feta, and Parmesan cheese. Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
Serve warm.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Jodi is having Chow Mein.

LOL! I was just thinking that!!!! He-he - she probably won't be touching Chinese all week! :yuck:

That sounds SO GOOD! I bet it's good cold the next day too!I'm putting sun-dried tomatoes on my grocery list ~ I already have everything else I need to make it!Thanks Janet!ETA: I meant the Pasta Dish - not Jodi's Kitty Chow Mein!

so many cats, so few recipes. :D
(I'm KIDDING!!)(sorta)

Tonight we had the little wiener sausages in crescent rolls. Tomorrow we are eating at the Oliver Garden thank's to Harding University, Wednesay don't know, we have church. Thursday DH and kids on their own, I am seeing Doris at the U of I Pampered Chef Resilency reception and lecture. We call our group of consultants her homey girls! Friday family on own again I have a booth at a craft and gift fair.

Ann R

ChefBeckyD said:
That sounds SO GOOD! I bet it's good cold the next day too!

I'm putting sun-dried tomatoes on my grocery list ~ I already have everything else I need to make it!

Thanks Janet!

ETA: I meant the Pasta Dish - not Jodi's Kitty Chow Mein!

You're welcome!!!!

...and I do like it cold the next day too! If you reheat it, the cilantro gets soggy so when I eat it as leftovers I leave it cold.

It's a great salad so enjoy!!!!

Teresa Lynn said:
oooh Kristin
I make a great knockoff of an old Pappadeaux's salmon recipe
season it with some Cajun spices, grill it both sides in our grill pan
Layer with fresh spinach leaves (dry thoroughly)
Make a sauce with monterrey jack cheese, 1/2 and 1/2 a little butter & a dash of tabasco sauce and a little more cajun seasoning. Pour over the fresh spinach leaves and cook in oven until the spinach leaves wilt.
That sounds great and I am sure my DH would love it but I can't do hot. Can I use something else??

well omit the cajun spice and use whatever you season your salmon with
there really isn't enuff tabasco to make it too hot, but you could eliminate it too.

Salad tonight.Last night was a big hit, DCB microwaved chicken with Jerk Flavoring. Three HUGE chicken breasts.Planning menus for the rest of the week, tonight.Plan A is to work my way through the 29 Minute Cookbook.BTW...we tried the Hummus Pizza...minus cukes, liked it best returned to the oven for a few minutes to warm the hummus and tomatoes. Yummy!

Lets see:

Tonight was Creamy Chicken Enchiladas with the last of the tomatoes from our garden.
Tuesday: Spaghetti with Salad (show night - easy supper)
Wednesday: Whitefish Baked Scampi w/ Janet's Feta Pasta Salad
Thursday: Probably Leftovers (Show Night) with added veggies
Friday: Family Night - either Pizza in, or eat out (someplace with coupons!:D )
Saturday: Sloppy Joes (frozen - just re-heat)with veggies (Brunch Show)

All of these are subject to change depending upon Mom's mood!:D

Love your Wednesday Becky - let me know what the boys think of it!

...and love your menu!

Tonight we had Potato Soup, Salad, and Bread
Tomorrow Night we have Ducks Unlimited Banquet and they feed!!
Wednesday night I have to go in to town to get supplies for DH birthday cake so probably a pizza
Thursday night my MIL wants to cook for DH birthday
Friday night fajitas!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
They taste like chicken.
Sing to the tune of "Cats in the Cradle":sing:

CAT LUNCH
DID YOU EVER THINK WHEN YOU EAT CHINESE
IT ISN’T PORK OR CHICKEN BUT A FAT SIAMESE
YET THE FOOD TASTES GREAT SO SO YOU DON’T COMPLAIN
THAT IT’S NOT CHICKEN IN YOUR CHICKEN CHOW MEIN
SEEMS TO ME I ORDERED SWEET AND SOUR PORK
BUT GARFIELD IS ON MY FORK, HE’S PURRING HERE ON MY FORK
THERE IS CAT IN THE KETTLE AT THE PEKING MOON
THE PLACE THAT I EAT EVERY DAY AT NOON
THEY CAN FEED YOU CAT AND YOU NEVER KNOW
ONCE THEY WRAP IT UP IN DOUGH, BOYS
THEY FRY IT REAL CRISP IN DOUGH
CHOW LIN THAT STUFF I WANTED SOME MORE
HE WAS DIALING UP HIS BUDDY AT THE OLD PET STORE
I SAID NOT TODAY; I LOST MY APPETITE
THERE ARE TWO CATS IN MY BELLY AND THEY WANT TO FIGHT
I WAS SUCKIN’ ON A ROLAID AND A TUM OR TWO
WHEN I SWORE I HEARD IT MEW, BOYS AND THAT IS WHEN I KNEW
THERE’S A CAT IN THE KETTLE AT THE PEKING MOON
I GUESS I GOTTA STOP EATING THERE AT NOON
THEY SAY THAT IT’S BEEF OR FISH OR PORK
BUT IT’S PURRING THERE ON MY FORK
THERE IT’S PURRING THERE ON MY FORK

stephaniek said:
I try to make out menus for at least the week ahead, and now I've been doing a good job going even a few weeks ahead. Your five recipes sound delicious - you should give us the recipes here!!

Oh, they are all in the 29 Minutes to Dinner cookbook except one-the Skinny Chicken one is in the All the Best cookbook. Ü

Jerk Chicken Nachos tonight
Veggie Omlet ring tomorrow...
that's all I know right now!!

Stampaholic1961 said:
Sing to the tune of "Cats in the Cradle":sing:

CAT LUNCH
DID YOU EVER THINK WHEN YOU EAT CHINESE
IT ISN’T PORK OR CHICKEN BUT A FAT SIAMESE
YET THE FOOD TASTES GREAT SO SO YOU DON’T COMPLAIN
THAT IT’S NOT CHICKEN IN YOUR CHICKEN CHOW MEIN
SEEMS TO ME I ORDERED SWEET AND SOUR PORK
BUT GARFIELD IS ON MY FORK, HE’S PURRING HERE ON MY FORK
THERE IS CAT IN THE KETTLE AT THE PEKING MOON
THE PLACE THAT I EAT EVERY DAY AT NOON
THEY CAN FEED YOU CAT AND YOU NEVER KNOW
ONCE THEY WRAP IT UP IN DOUGH, BOYS
THEY FRY IT REAL CRISP IN DOUGH
CHOW LIN THAT STUFF I WANTED SOME MORE
HE WAS DIALING UP HIS BUDDY AT THE OLD PET STORE
I SAID NOT TODAY; I LOST MY APPETITE
THERE ARE TWO CATS IN MY BELLY AND THEY WANT TO FIGHT
I WAS SUCKIN’ ON A ROLAID AND A TUM OR TWO
WHEN I SWORE I HEARD IT MEW, BOYS AND THAT IS WHEN I KNEW
THERE’S A CAT IN THE KETTLE AT THE PEKING MOON
I GUESS I GOTTA STOP EATING THERE AT NOON
THEY SAY THAT IT’S BEEF OR FISH OR PORK
BUT IT’S PURRING THERE ON MY FORK
THERE IT’S PURRING THERE ON MY FORK
GROSS!!!!!!!!!! :yuck: LOL!!!!!!

Fried chicken tonight not from KFC either. Not sure what I will fix to go with it.

janetupnorth said:
Love your Wednesday Becky - let me know what the boys think of it!

...and love your menu!

Well Becky? Did you make it? Did they like it?

janetupnorth said:
Well Becky? Did you make it? Did they like it?

didn't make it.....Wednesday of course filled up with errands and host phone calls, and Dr.s appts that I forgot about.......ran out of time!

It's still on the menu for this week though! Now I have everything to make it, but probably tomorrow or Saturday.

tonighttonight I am having honey mustard pork loin(preseasoned) in the dcb. a veggie and potatoes. I love that you can cook it in 10 min. have a great day everyone.

I have to get back to planning meals again. I started out great when I started staying home but now I'm back to not knowing what I'm making until I stick my head in the fridge. Ugh...

We did beef enchiladas Tuesday, I had shows Monday & Wednesday, so I'm not sure what the family had.

Tonight will be something quick, we've got tumbling at 5:30-6:30, trick or treating with the vendors from 6:30-7:15, parent teacher conf @ 7:20. ugh....I'm tired just thinking about it! :)

crystalscookingnow said:
We did beef enchiladas Tuesday, I had shows Monday & Wednesday, so I'm not sure what the family had.Tonight will be something quick, we've got tumbling at 5:30-6:30, trick or treating with the vendors from 6:30-7:15, parent teacher conf @ 7:20. ugh....I'm tired just thinking about it! :)
I can relate!Yesterday was:
Leave at 6:50 take kids to school and sitter
Work 8:00-5:00 (yes it takes me over an hour to get everyone settled & to work).
Taught Pet First Aid 5:30-9:30
Grocery Store at 9:45-10:15
Home about 10:45
Up until 12:15 making wonton chips, crab rangoon dip, pasta salad and other things for a big food day at work...
About to crawl into bed and pager goes off...medical call from 12:15 - 1:45, crawled into bed about 2 a.m.
Up today at 6 a.m. (I slept in as late as I could possibly do and still make it through the shower and to work!!!!)Tonight I am going to make an easy pot of spaghetti and RELAX!!!! (Oh and enter a show and prep for tomorrow night's show...oh where did that relaxing go??? :rolleyes: )

What ingredients do I need to plan ahead for dinner this week?

To effectively plan ahead for dinner this week, you will need to make a list of ingredients for each recipe you plan to make. This will ensure that you have everything you need on hand when it's time to cook.

How can I save time and effort when planning ahead for dinner?

One way to save time and effort when planning ahead for dinner is to choose recipes that have similar ingredients. This will allow you to buy in bulk and use the same ingredients in multiple meals, saving you time and money.

What are some easy and quick dinner ideas for busy weeknights?

Some easy and quick dinner ideas for busy weeknights include one-pot meals, sheet pan dinners, and slow cooker meals. These types of meals require minimal prep and cleanup, making them perfect for hectic weeknights.

How can I involve my family in planning for dinner this week?

One way to involve your family in planning for dinner this week is to have them help choose the recipes. This will not only get them excited about the meals, but it will also give them a sense of ownership and responsibility for dinner.

How can I stay organized when planning ahead for dinner?

To stay organized when planning ahead for dinner, create a meal planning calendar or use a meal planning app. This will help you keep track of what meals you have planned for each day and ensure that you have all the necessary ingredients on hand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
magentablue
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies