• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can You Plan and Budget for Two Weeks of Meals?

vegetable stir-fry with brown rice.Tonight we are having Sole with white beans. :DCan I ask how the heck you did that? I use coupons plus my credit card has a points system with every $ you send you earn 100 points. Every 20000 points = $20.00 in food. You can earn bonus points etc. Anyways I use the card to pay for everything and pay it off right away.So today I got $40.00 off alone with my card plus I had coupons.Pretty good cause on the bill was also dog/cat treats, 2 magazines and flowers!!!Good job!!!! EXCELLENT shopping!Last night
rennea
Gold Member
Well I went shopping today:thumbup:

I purchased food for 2 weeks:

14 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 14 dinners plus snacks and things for dessert

Total bill: $88.56 I ROCK!!!!!:p

Tonight we are having Sole with white beans. :D

::HIJACK::

WOW you do rock! I am pretty good about keep my grocery bill down, but I must admit...your total is awesome! How do you do it?

I use coupons and shop on base.....

rennea said:

Can I ask how the heck you did that?

I use coupons plus my credit card has a points system with every $ you send you earn 100 points. Every 20000 points = $20.00 in food. You can earn bonus points etc. Anyways I use the card to pay for everything and pay it off right away.

So today I got $40.00 off alone with my card plus I had coupons.
Pretty good cause on the bill was also dog/cat treats, 2 magazines and flowers!!!

Good job!!!! EXCELLENT shopping!Last night we had burgers for DH and DD, hot dogs for DS and I had a Salmon Patty. :) Had to wake up DD for dinner, we took a long bike ride when we all got home and she walked in the door and crashed!Tonight...well, I have a steak marinating for the last 24 hours. (We bought 1/2 a cow last fall so once in awhile get a treat...)

I didn't get to make dinner last night- so tongith will be the ham and cheese omlete roll thingy with cheesy hashbrowns. It's rainy, dreary and cloudy today, so breakfast for supper is perfect! Or as Janet calls it brinner- I like brupper! :) LOL

Kitchen Diva said:
I didn't get to make dinner last night- so tongith will be the ham and cheese omlete roll thingy with cheesy hashbrowns. It's rainy, dreary and cloudy today, so breakfast for supper is perfect! Or as Janet calls it brinner- I like brupper! :) LOL

OBVIOUSLY you've never seen Scrubs...there is a whole episode on Brinner...

Brupper kind of sounds like you're going to burb it back up...

Kitchen Diva said:

Sounds yummy to me:chef:

janetupnorth said:
OBVIOUSLY you've never seen Scrubs...there is a whole episode on Brinner...

Brupper kind of sounds like you're going to burb it back up...

But on the weekends, when we often combine lunch and dinner, we call it Lupper.

Tonight, we are having BLT's and Broccoli Salad....and I made a treat for the boys - jello made with ice cream instead of cold water or ice. Mmmmmmm!

ChefBeckyD said:
But on the weekends, when we often combine lunch and dinner, we call it Lupper.

Tonight, we are having BLT's and Broccoli Salad....and I made a treat for the boys - jello made with ice cream instead of cold water or ice. Mmmmmmm!

I have never heard of this Becky:confused: This might seems like a stupid question but is the icecream melted?

rennea said:
I have never heard of this Becky:confused: This might seems like a stupid question but is the icecream melted?
You start the jello with the boiling water like normal, and then, instead of adding cold water or ice cubes to help set it, you add an equal measure of vanilla ice cream, and stir it until it all melts into the jello - and then put it in the fridge and let it set up.My grandma used to make this when I was little...it's sort of like comfort food for me, but I hardly ever make jello because of the artificial ingredients...but it's a yummy occasional treat - and my guys behaved themselves last night during my show - so I am giving them a treat!:D

rennea said:

How did you do that and how many people do you feed? :)

We had a turkey mince curry with pilau rice, and citrus tart for pudding.

To quote Homer Simpson: I discovered a meal between breakfast and brunch!<giggle>We ended up going out for Thai food last night (I tried something new, a fried rice dish with basil in it. The soup they served was really spicy, so I couldn't taste the basil last night. But boy could I when I had the leftovers for lunch!). Anyhoo, because we went out last night, I'm making yesterday's planned dinner today: kielbasa and smashed potatoes.

Any ideas on what I can do with leftover steak from the Memorial day cookout????

chefmeg said:
Any ideas on what I can do with leftover steak from the Memorial day cookout????

Slice it into thin strips and saute it with some peppers and onions.

Quick and easy fajitas!

We are having Slow 'N Easy BBQ Chicken tonight. Great slow cooker dish! Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE my slow cooker??

we are having stir fry. Chicken, snow peas, broccoli, green onions, carrots, zucchini, onion, peppers.

peichef said:
we are having stir fry. Chicken, snow peas, broccoli, green onions, carrots, zucchini, onion, peppers.

Mmmmm! That sounds yummy! What time is supper?:D

Grilled cilantro lime jerk chicken with black beans and rice.

Today is DS4's birthday. He requested spaghetti, salad and french bread for dinner. No problem!!!:D Oh, and ice cream cake for dessert!

I'd make steak tacos/nachos. I always have taco makings on hand and I LOVE steak with nachos! :) Can I have some steak?? lol

janetupnorth said:
Good job!!!! EXCELLENT shopping!

Last night we had burgers for DH and DD, hot dogs for DS and I had a Salmon Patty. :) Had to wake up DD for dinner, we took a long bike ride when we all got home and she walked in the door and crashed!

Tonight...well, I have a steak marinating for the last 24 hours. (We bought 1/2 a cow last fall so once in awhile get a treat...)

Hey Janet!! How did it walk.....;) :rolleyes: ;)

A friend is bringing us supper tonight. I know they are grilling pork chops and I think doins squash. I am not sure what else.

Ginger428 said:
Hey Janet!! How did it walk.....;) :rolleyes: ;)

Depends on which "half" they got, HA!:D

That was DD that walked in the door and crashed...the cow was a separate thought!

Kitchen Diva said:

Well, scratch that- I was copying recipes to recipe cards and ran across the cheeseburger stuffed calzone, so I made that instead- It looked good and smelled really good, but sadly it wasn't loved by anyone at the table including my 4 year old niece. Thank heavens for a full pan of Rice Krispy bars! :) I know that rice krispy bars are not supper- but they do cover the 4 main food groups which are #1- grains, #2- marshmallows, #3-butter and #4-portable!

LOL

At least I tried something different...

You're GOODDDDDDDDDDD!

Do you care to share your menu. I make a menu out before I go grocery shopping. I was staying at around 120-150 for 2 weeks but lately, everything has gotten so expensive, it takes around 200-250 to feed us for two weeks. And I ain't talking steak.

rennea said:

Related to How Can You Plan and Budget for Two Weeks of Meals?

1. What meals can I make with the food I purchased for 2 weeks?

Some meal options using the ingredients you purchased could include breakfast burritos, chicken Caesar salad for lunch, and grilled pork chops with roasted vegetables for dinner. For snacks, you could make fruit and yogurt parfaits or homemade trail mix. For dessert, you could make chocolate chip cookies or a fruit crumble.

2. How did you manage to only spend $88.56 for 2 weeks' worth of food?

I planned out my meals and made a grocery list before going shopping. I also looked for sales and bought ingredients that could be used for multiple meals. I also avoided buying unnecessary items or expensive processed foods.

3. Can you share your recipe for Sole with white beans?

Sure! To make Sole with white beans, you will need:

• 4 sole fillets
  • 1 can of white beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
  2. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, minced garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper.
  3. Place the sole fillets in a baking dish and brush the garlic mixture over the top of each fillet.
  4. Spread the white beans around the fillets in the baking dish.
  5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the fish is cooked through and the beans are heated through.
  6. Serve the sole and white beans together, with a side of your choice.

4. What are some other healthy and budget-friendly meal ideas?

Some other healthy and budget-friendly meal ideas include vegetable stir-fry, turkey meatballs with whole wheat pasta, black bean and sweet potato tacos, and lentil soup. You can also check out recipes online for inspiration and adapt them to fit your budget and dietary preferences.

5. How do you meal prep for 2 weeks in advance?

I like to start by making a meal plan for the 2 weeks, taking into consideration what ingredients I have on hand and what is on sale at the grocery store. Then, I make a grocery list and purchase all the necessary ingredients. I also like to prep some ingredients ahead of time, such as chopping vegetables and marinating meats, to save time during the week. Finally, I portion out and freeze any meals that can be made ahead of time, like soups or casseroles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • SummerG
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • NooraK