• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How many meals can you provide with just $1 to America's Second Harvest?

In summary, the Round Up from the Heart campaign is a year-long campaign that benefits America's Second Harvest. The company's Consultants promote the campaign at Cooking Shows, or in-home cooking demonstrations, across the country. Customers can contribute to the program in two ways: rounding up Cooking Show purchase totals to the nearest dollar or more, or purchasing a limited edition Round Up from the Heart 2006 Trivet. Every dollar donated to America's Second Harvest helps bring 16 meals to the table of American's in need.
ivykeep
Gold Member
I was trying to come up with the info on exactly how much each dollar that goes to Second Harvest actually gets them (I saw somewhere on here that they get 2 bags of groceries for every $1 donated). I found this blurb on PC on the ASH website -- I loved the VERY SPECIFIC information about what each $ gets (16 meals!!). Thought I'd share it here since it may help boost your donations if you share at your shows. (Emphasis is added in the below but nothing else was changed, even though I'm really itching to fix the grammatical error in the emphasized sentence)

The Pampered Chef's Round-Up from the Heart® program is a year-long campaign that benefits America's Second Harvest - The Nation's Food Bank Network. The premier direct seller of high-quality kitchen tools, along with its nationwide sales field of 60,000 independent Consultants and guests, have donated more than $11 million to America's Second Harvest to date.

The company's Consultants promote the campaign at Cooking Shows, or in-home cooking demonstrations, across the country.

The commitment to fight hunger in America is a team effort among The Pampered Chef's Consultants and guests.

Customers can contribute to the program in two ways:

1. Rounding up Cooking Show purchase totals to the nearest dollar or more, with funds benefiting local food banks in the region where the donations originated.

2. Purchasing a limited edition Round-Up from the Heart® 2006 Trivet — a decorative, brushed copper trivet that can protect counters and tabletops from hot food, be used as a decorative wall accent, or given as a thoughtful gift. For every trivet sold, The Pampered Chef® will contribute $2 to America’s Second Harvest.

America's Second Harvest Network uses donated funds to secure and distribute food and grocery products food banks across the country.

Every dollar donated to America's Second Harvest helps bring 16 meals to the table of American's in need.

Find a Consultant in your area and learn more about the Round-Up from the Heart® campaign, contact The Pampered Chef at 800.342.CHEF or visit http://www.pamperedchef.com

Thanks for posting this Laura! I'm definitely going to use it!

BTW- I grew up in Sykesville, and my actually held my first cooking show there!

Cool -- where did you go to high school? I grew up in Ellicott City (almost in West Friendship) and my parents still live there (less than 10 minutes from my house). I'm on the Howard County side of Sykesville.

After May, HWC, gets over with I was planning on focusing on 2nd Harvest at my shows. Do a HWC thing but with 2nd Harvest. I want both thingy's you can earn for Nat Conf. (like my tech term?? LOL!!)

I found that since I started offering a specific example of how the round up donations can help (I was using the $1 buys two bags of groceries), I have almost 100% rounding up and several trivet sales. I've also started rounding up after entering payments (and doing the round up as a consultant gift) for outside orders that didn't specifically say to round up. Usually isn't more than a couple of dollars (and is tax deductible).

The even more specific information of 16 meals is wonderful!

wow great post. Thanks for that information. Im definately going to use it.

I like the wording of SIXTEEN MEALS for every $$. Much easier for people to "see" in their mind how much they can help.

THIRTY TWO for every trivet! That is amazing! I will be using this wordage from now on!

I think I had posted before about putting together a "Hunger Buster Team" (I'm a Dairy Queen lover) for June. Since the past 2 June's have been really slow for me, I want to work really hard to earn the sell a thon stuff. It will work like the HWC team and team members will only need to sell 5 trivets. When the 5 are sold, that's a $60 order under the team members name so they will get the basting bottle FREE. It would take VERY little effort from team members and it will be a great fundraiser for my church's community meals program!

1. What is America's Second Harvest?

America's Second Harvest is a national nonprofit organization that works to alleviate hunger and food insecurity in the United States. They partner with food banks, pantries, and meal programs to distribute food to those in need.

2. How does America's Second Harvest operate?

America's Second Harvest collects donated food from retailers, manufacturers, and farmers, as well as purchasing food with donated funds. They then distribute this food to their network of food banks and other organizations, who in turn distribute it to individuals and families in need.

3. Who benefits from America's Second Harvest's services?

America's Second Harvest serves a wide range of individuals and families, including children, seniors, and low-income individuals. They also provide food assistance to disaster victims and support military families through their partnerships with the armed forces.

4. How can I get involved with America's Second Harvest?

There are many ways to get involved with America's Second Harvest, such as volunteering at a local food bank or pantry, donating food or funds, or participating in their advocacy and awareness campaigns. You can also become a member of their national network of food banks and organizations.

5. Is America's Second Harvest a reputable organization?

Yes, America's Second Harvest has received the highest rating from charity watchdog organizations such as Charity Navigator and GuideStar. They are also accredited by the Better Business Bureau and have a strong track record of transparency and efficiency in their operations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • luvs2sellit
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
Replies