• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Not Having Turkey for Thanksgiving?

In summary, the group is discussing their plans for Thanksgiving and their different food preferences. They have shared their methods for preparing turkey, including using a brine and making turkey salad and soup with the leftovers. They also mention a unique dish called turducken, which is a turkey stuffed with a duck and chicken. Some members have tried it and enjoyed it, while others are apprehensive. One member shares a link where every click will provide a meal for a person in need through America's Second Harvest. They encourage others to share the link and make a difference.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
click for mealsJust got this from a sister director. Anyhoo, it is America's Second Harvest - click the link to provide 3 meals. I'm putting it in my newsletter, too.

When you click this link, you'll feed a hungry person for a whole day! It's free. All it takes is a click.

A generous group of supporters has agreed to make a donation for every click we receive, up to $11,000, to rescue food and help hungry families. This is an amazing opportunity for you to quickly and easily keep food from going to waste and get it to those who need it most.

You might not believe it, but the average household in America wastes about 850 pounds of food every year! That adds up to 600 meals!

If we could rescue just 1/5 of that food, we could serve about 15 billion meals to families facing hunger. 15 BILLION MEALS! That is not a typo! 15 billion meals that are right now simply being thrown away.

But the solution is absolutely within our control. All you have to do is click here, then tell everyone you know so they can click too.

Remember, each click feeds a man, woman or child for an entire day.

TELL EVERYONE! We can make a difference!

Privacy Policy | Subscribe | Unsubscribe

Questions? If you have any questions about this message or any other America's Second Harvest issue, please contact us or call 1-800-771-2303.

America's Second Harvest — The Nation's Food Bank Network, 35 E. Wacker, Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60601

Done! I wonder why this hasn't been shown to us sooner!

Has anyone put this on Chef Success?

Just did - thanks for the idea!

We have all white meat lovers- so we order boneless skin on turkey breasts. then we soak them in a brine for 12 hours before putting them in the oven. plus no picking meat off the bones after.

We always have turkey, but I don't usually eat it. I fill up on sweet potatoes and pumpkin stuff.

We are having a Turkey, Ham and a Turducken. I am curious about the turducken................

erinyourpclady said:
We are having a Turkey, Ham and a Turducken. I am curious about the turducken................

What is turducken?? Is it Turkey/Duck/Chicken?? I think I saw something like that on Food Network or a channel like that.

chefkristin said:
What is turducken?? Is it Turkey/Duck/Chicken?? I think I saw something like that on Food Network or a channel like that.

IT IS!! It's a Turkey stuffed with a Duck that has been stuffed with a Chicken. I am apprehensive about it......

Well, since we have 4 different Thanksgivings I am making corn chowder the Sunday after for our Thanksgiving gathering at my Grandmothers. Trust me... it was not easy to tear her away from the turkey!

I don't eat turkey anymore but my mom makes it. She's bought one breast and three legs... I told her that should have made for an interesting looking bird... LOL... hey, I live near a nuclear power plant, anything's possible. LOL

My mom just bought a big turkey for 4 of us...then after we eat what we want we will make turkey salad, turkey sandwiches, and turkey corn noodle soup. I feel like Bubba from Forrest Gump when I say that...lol...anyway...we then give the carcus to my brother so that he can make turkey stock.

erinyourpclady said:
IT IS!! It's a Turkey stuffed with a Duck that has been stuffed with a Chicken. I am apprehensive about it......

Oh you have to let me know how it is. I saw that and I was like HUH??

Keep us posted !!

We had Turducken a few weeks ago at our neighbors- first time for me. It was good.

Where do you buy Turducken?

Usually speciality stores - like a butcher. The first time I heard of it was when I move to Texas. Here is a place that we got a Turducken one time

http://www.hebertshouston.com/Prices.html

1. What are some alternatives to turkey for Thanksgiving?

Some popular alternatives to turkey for Thanksgiving include ham, roast beef, chicken, pork loin, and vegetarian options such as stuffed acorn squash or mushroom Wellington.

2. How can I make sure my non-turkey Thanksgiving dish is still festive and special?

One way to make sure your dish still feels like a special Thanksgiving meal is to incorporate traditional holiday flavors and sides, such as cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole. You can also add seasonal herbs and spices to give your dish a festive touch.

3. Are there any unique or unconventional non-turkey dishes that would be perfect for Thanksgiving?

Absolutely! Some unique and delicious options for a non-turkey Thanksgiving include lasagna, seafood paella, stuffed peppers, or even a Thanksgiving-inspired pizza with turkey, cranberry sauce, and stuffing toppings.

4. How should I adjust my cooking time and temperature for a non-turkey Thanksgiving dish?

The cooking time and temperature will vary depending on the specific dish you are making. It's always best to follow a recipe or consult with a chef for specific instructions. However, as a general rule, non-turkey dishes may require a shorter cooking time and lower temperature compared to a large turkey.

5. Do you have any tips for making a non-turkey Thanksgiving dish that will please both meat-eaters and vegetarians?

One tip is to make a meatless version of a traditional dish, such as a vegetarian shepherd's pie or lentil loaf, and then offer a separate meat option for those who want it. Alternatively, you can incorporate vegetarian protein options, such as tofu or tempeh, into a dish that also includes meat. Another option is to have a variety of side dishes that can cater to both meat-eaters and vegetarians.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • CRuff
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies