• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make a Difference at Every Show: Rufth Donations for Second Harvest Food Bank

In summary, Kristi explained that at her shows, she tries to get people to round up their orders to the nearest dollar. If someone doesn't want to do this, they can tell her when they come up with their order. Alison came up with a great way to get people to round up at her shows- by mentioning how in the summer, the food shelves tend to go empty faster. She also jokes about what people are going to be eating today.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
I talk about the rounding up at EVERY show. Well I usually say "Everyone if you can look at the right hand corner of your order form there is a little heart. The heart stands for the Second Harvest Food Bank which helps to feed the hungry. So if your order is $65.60, you can round up your order to an even $66 or if you would like to donate an additional please write it in the box. If you choose not to donate, please mark a line through the box. If you don't mark the box with anything, I will automatically round up your total to be an even number."

Well I usually have a couple people put in an additional amount but other than that, i usually get the extra $.40 or however much it is to the next dollar.

Last night, I changed it. When each person checked out, I asked them one on one. ONe woman gave $4.65!!! So with 10 orders, I got $13.28 in donations!!!

I've already reached my $150 for the special seeting but I was so excited to get that much from one show. I really tried selling a lot of pink products but I only sold 5!:eek: We'll see what happens!!

Sorry for the rambling!! Thanks for listening.:D
Kristi

Wow! That's exciting. I've got to do a better job promoting round up at my shows. I always forget!

Awesome, Kristi!

I love the fact that our company supports such great causes!

I explain the RUFTH exactly like you do! It still surprises me that there are a few people who put a line thorough that part of the receipt and NOT participate...

I do the same thing now -- and I mention that each dollar allows Second Harvest to provide SIXTEEN meals to the needy. I have only had 2 people since I started doing that not round up (and then I took their payment and rounded up anyway as a consultant's gift).

Ummm..I always tell them that I automatically round up to the next whole dollar and if they don't want me to, they should tell me when they come up with their order.

I had one woman donate over $20!

Around this time of year I always mention how in the summer, the food shelves tend to go empty faster, as kids are out of school so they don't get that lunch and breakfast everyday like they do during the school year. I then mention that $1 provides 20 pounds of food (read that somewhere... correct me if I am wrong). I tend to get more people rounding up and some rounding to the nearest $5 when I mention this. Then I try to make a joke about how this is a party, so let's talk about something a little more upbeat -- like what they're going to be eating today!

Alison, I love your wording! I always get them to round up, but this is ingenius, and so needed!

What are Rufth Donations and how do they work?

Rufth Donations are a program where Pampered Chef consultants can donate a portion of their sales to a charity or cause of their choice. The donations are made through our online donation portal and are tax deductible. This allows consultants to give back to their communities while also growing their business.

Is there a limit to how much I can donate through Rufth Donations?

There is no limit to the amount you can donate through Rufth Donations. You can choose to donate a percentage of your sales or a specific dollar amount. The choice is completely up to you.

Can I change the charity or cause I am donating to?

Yes, you can change the charity or cause you are donating to at any time. Simply log in to our donation portal and update your preferences. We recommend choosing a cause that is meaningful to you and aligns with your values.

How do I track my Rufth Donations?

You can track your Rufth Donations through our online donation portal. This will show you the total amount you have donated as well as a breakdown of each individual donation. You can also request a statement for tax purposes.

Can my customers also participate in Rufth Donations?

Yes, customers can also participate in Rufth Donations by placing orders through your online party or fundraiser link. A portion of their purchase will be donated to the charity or cause of your choice. This is a great way to get your customers involved in giving back to the community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvs2sellit
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • Melissa78
  • General Chat
Replies