• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Party Guests Make A Difference: Round Up Donation

In summary, at a party, the Round Up Donation is highlighted on the receipt. If the customer does not want to round up their order, they can cross out the box. I also tell the guests at the beginning of the show that if it's not crossed out, I'll assume that they're ok rounding up their order & that I won't ask at check out. Most guests at the party do not cross out the box, so I round up their order. The total cost of the party is $27 even.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
Whenever I do a party, I have the Round Up Donation on the receipt highlighted. I tell the guests at the beginning of the show that if the don't want to round up their order to cross out the highlighted box. I also say that if it's not crossed out, I'll assume that they're ok rounding up their order & that I won't ask at check out.

Then check out time comes & I figure their orders. Almost everyone leaves the box un-crossed, so I round up. I tell them their total & they are like 'Oh, $27 even? I couldn't have done that again if I tried!' I just think to myself, um, yes, you could, each time you don't mark out the round-up box!

Yeah, some people just don't pay attention. What really bothers me are people who pay in cash that refuse to round up. I know it's their choice, but it's so much easier to deal with $22 instead of $21.73 or something.

You know what, I started just telling them about the Round Up from the heart program and what their 20 something cents is going to go for, and explain not only does it help me and them (from not trying to get that 53 cents) but it also helps others. :D They tend to go for it rather than not.

I do tell them that. The figure PC gives us is every dollar buys 20 lbs of food, right? People do not believe me when I tell them that. I tell them that everything counts, but people seem loathe to part with their pennies.

As a customer, I usually rounded up to the nearest dollar at least, if not more. (Like if I spend $22 and change, I'd round up to $25). I have have people not want to round up 7 cents before.

I hear those same coments about how their order came out evenly like that! It makes me laugh inside every time.

I say it once and if they didn't catch it then I don't explain it to them again when they comment on the even total. I gave them fair warning. If it was me I would rather donate the change than have my friends see me throw a fit because I don't want to donate less than $1 to charity.

I simply ask when I check them out if I can round up and very few say no.

I stopped telling them at the beginning and just do it when I have their order.

I ask as well at checkout. As a professional fundraiser, it's only fair to make ABSOLUTELY sure they want to give, even if it is just 2 cents :D

PamperChefCarol said:
I simply ask when I check them out if I can round up and very few say no.

I stopped telling them at the beginning and just do it when I have their order.

Yes but this requires spending extra time at check out with each one. . .and if you're like me, they are waiting in line to get their orders computed.

I tell them at the start of the show. Like others, they know if they don't cross it out it will be rounded up. When they say "oh, an even $50?" I just smile and say that's right.

I explain it as well during shows & I have so many people who say, what's that? when I ask if they want to round up. I tell them, oh-you must not have heard me explain it at the show. You can tell who doesn't listen to your demos!! I've had people refuse to round up b/c they say they can't write it off on their taxes b/c PC does. Wow--I don't really care who writes off that 38 cents on taxes--I'd rather just help feed people.

I always make sure that they know it is for a Food Pantry in OUR Area (you can look them up online or call HO to find where yours is), and I let them know that over the last 15 years, PC has collected over $10 million in Round Up donations and Heart Mold/Trivet Sales!

People are impressed by the sheer amount of donations! I have people who round up more than the change, into the dollars.

I do say that since we are nice and warm, and eating tonight, let's help someone else eat, too!

Yeah, and I make a big point of it..."EVERYONE NEEDS TO LISTEN TO THIS PART!" Anyone who pays in cash either rounds up or needs to come up with exact change because I don't carry coin change. But still, people are amazed that their total is even...I'm with Gillian, though, I told them, and made a big deal of it...so it's their loss for not paying attention!

I had one host apologize for being a cheapskate for not rounding her order up. But at least she was aware of it.And one customer a couple of years ago wouldn't round up (and it was a penny!), but then told me to keep the change. Weird.I tell people once at the beginning of the show, and let them think they somehow did something cool when the order comes out even.

1. What is the "Party Guests Make A Difference: Round Up Donation" program?

The "Party Guests Make A Difference: Round Up Donation" program is a charitable initiative by Pampered Chef where party guests can choose to round up their total purchase amount to the nearest dollar and donate the difference to a selected charity organization.

2. How does the round up donation process work?

During the checkout process at a Pampered Chef party, the hostess will ask guests if they would like to round up their total purchase amount to the nearest dollar. If they agree, the difference will be donated to the chosen charity organization.

3. Can I choose which charity organization my round up donation goes to?

Yes, each party hostess can choose a specific charity organization to support through the "Party Guests Make A Difference: Round Up Donation" program. You can also ask your Pampered Chef consultant for a list of available charities to choose from.

4. How much of my round up donation will actually go to the charity organization?

100% of the round up donation amount will go directly to the chosen charity organization. Pampered Chef covers all administrative and processing fees, so you can be sure that your donation is making a difference.

5. Is the "Party Guests Make A Difference: Round Up Donation" program available at all Pampered Chef parties?

Yes, the program is available at all Pampered Chef parties. It's a great way for party guests to give back and make a difference in their community through their purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pchefkristin
Replies
Views
MGG
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • chefbritt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service