• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have a Dilemma & Not Sure What to Do..

In summary, the speaker had a customer order a $60 gift before Christmas. Due to shipping issues, the order did not arrive until the 23rd. The customer later informed the speaker that her sister's gift (a stone) had shattered in the stove. The speaker did an online adjustment and realized that the customer had received the wrong product. The speaker is unsure of how to handle the situation and is considering replacing the stone at their own cost. The possibility of a mistake made by the company is also mentioned. The speaker is seeking advice on how to proceed and plans to contact the company. The speaker is also considering asking the customer what they want and checking the original order before contacting the company.
WLMcCoy
A lady aproached me 1 week before Christmas to order some gifts for her family. It was only a $60 order so I just sent in a personal order b/c I didn't have enough to do a show. Fed-ex problems & I didn't receive her order until the 23rd. I opened the box, counted the products & took it straight to her, not really paying attention to what was in the box.. (I know, I know.. stupid).

Well, I got a call from the lady who ordered it & said her sister's gift (stone) had shattered in the stove the first time she used it. OK, no problem! So she brought all the pieces of the stone, in the box to me. I did my adjustment online, had everything ready to ship out & it hit me! The lady had ordered a large round stone, but she brought me back a busted large stone w/ handles.

You can tell the stone had never been used, & she's not just trying to get something for nothing. But what HO supposedly sent me was the large round stone. && b/c I didn't check to make sure her order was correct, for all I know HO made the mistake.

I haven't called HO yet, but I'm at a loss at what to do. What are your thoughts on what may have happened? & what should happen?

I know it may come down to me replacing her stone out of pocket, but I hate to do that when the stone is obviously brand new.. I guess it's at least a lesson learned to always check!

HO sent a LRSw/H instead of a LRS. You did an adjustment for a LRS? You should call HO and have them do an exchange and pay the diff yourself. In the call explain the situation. They are pretty good and understanding, who knows, they may just replace the LRSw/H!

Remember, the answer is always No, if you don't ask.

Just tell HO what you said here. But I would first be sure of what the customer wants NOW. If the stone that broke was a LRS w/handles that's what she'd going to expect. Double check what you ordered in the first place. Once you know all that you can explain that too. HO will work with you so it shouldn't cost. If it was their mistake and now the host wants the same one that broke they may just let her keep it with no ectra charge.

WLMcCoy said:
A lady aproached me 1 week before Christmas to order some gifts for her family. It was only a $60 order so I just sent in a personal order b/c I didn't have enough to do a show. Fed-ex problems & I didn't receive her order until the 23rd. I opened the box, counted the products & took it straight to her, not really paying attention to what was in the box.. (I know, I know.. stupid).

Well, I got a call from the lady who ordered it & said her sister's gift (stone) had shattered in the stove the first time she used it. OK, no problem! So she brought all the pieces of the stone, in the box to me. I did my adjustment online, had everything ready to ship out & it hit me! The lady had ordered a large round stone, but she brought me back a busted large stone w/ handles.

You can tell the stone had never been used, & she's not just trying to get something for nothing. But what HO supposedly sent me was the large round stone. && b/c I didn't check to make sure her order was correct, for all I know HO made the mistake.

I haven't called HO yet, but I'm at a loss at what to do. What are your thoughts on what may have happened? & what should happen?

I know it may come down to me replacing her stone out of pocket, but I hate to do that when the stone is obviously brand new.. I guess it's at least a lesson learned to always check!

Well, if she ordered a large round stone, then that's probably what she wanted. I would call her and tell her that you didn't notice they had sent her the wrong one, but the replacement will be for the large round stone and see what she says. She should know what she paid for and should have contacted you when she saw she had the wrong product. Normally the stuff would have gone straight to her anyway and it would have been up to her to check. If she gives you a hard time, then go from there.

I completely understand your frustration and concern regarding the situation with the broken stone. It's never easy when an order doesn't go as planned, especially during the busy holiday season.Firstly, I would recommend contacting HO to discuss the issue and see if they can provide any insight into what may have happened. It's possible that there was a mix-up with the order or a mistake during shipping. They may also have some suggestions on how to handle the situation.In the meantime, I would suggest reaching out to the customer and explaining the situation. Let them know that you are looking into it and will do everything you can to make it right. You can also offer to replace the stone for them, as it seems like a genuine mistake and not an attempt to get something for nothing.As a consultant, it's always important to double check orders and make sure everything is correct before sending them in. However, mistakes do happen and it's important to handle them with professionalism and empathy.I hope everything works out for the best and that your customer is satisfied with the resolution. Thank you for sharing your experience and reminding us all to be diligent in our order processing. Best of luck to you.

1. What should I do if I accidentally burned my dish while using a Pampered Chef product?

If you accidentally burned your dish while using a Pampered Chef product, we recommend first assessing the severity of the burn. If it is minor, you can try to salvage the dish by carefully scraping off the burned parts. If it is a major burn, we suggest discarding the dish and contacting our customer service team for assistance.

2. I received a Pampered Chef product as a gift, but it is not the color I wanted. Can I exchange it?

Yes, we offer exchanges for Pampered Chef products that are in new and unused condition within 30 days of purchase. You can contact our customer service team for assistance with exchanging the product for a different color.

3. How do I clean my Pampered Chef stoneware?

To clean your Pampered Chef stoneware, we recommend using hot water and a non-abrasive sponge or brush. Avoid using soap, as it can be absorbed into the stoneware and affect the taste of your food. If there are stubborn stains, you can create a paste with baking soda and water and scrub the stoneware with it. Make sure to thoroughly dry the stoneware before storing it.

4. Can I use my Pampered Chef product in the microwave?

Most of our Pampered Chef products are microwave-safe, but we recommend checking the product's manual or packaging to be sure. For stoneware and ceramics, it is best to follow the manufacturer's instructions for microwave use. Our silicone products are safe for use in the microwave, but make sure to remove any metal attachments before microwaving.

5. My Pampered Chef knife is dull, can it be sharpened?

Yes, our Pampered Chef knives can be sharpened using a sharpening stone or a knife sharpener. We recommend following the manufacturer's instructions for the specific sharpener you are using. You can also contact our customer service team for recommendations on how to properly sharpen your Pampered Chef knife.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • jrb0328
  • General Chat