• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Would You Do? I Have a Person From Canada Who Is Trying to Place

In summary, Canadian citizens who are living in the US are not allowed to purchase items from US consultants. US consultants are only allowed to sell to people who live in the US and their territories. If your customer's shipping address is stateside, they can accept the package there. If their shipping address is in Canada, they must use a Canadian consultant. US consultants are not allowed to use their past host discount on the American system.
carlajanes
Gold Member
What would YOU do? I have a person from Canada who is trying to place an order and have it sent to the US......but.....she only has a PO box in the US. She wants to use MY address and then meet for pick up.....I live 50 miles from the Canadian border. And she wants to use her host discount from a party she had in Canada a few months ago. I think she doesn't want to pay the Canadian shipping.
I don't think it is right to do this.

Re: ConundrumYou are not allowed to sell to people living in Canada.

Re: ConundrumI am in Canada .. I can place the order for her if you end up not being able to.

Re: ConundrumSorry .. not trying to steal you sale ... just an option if you turn her down ... thats all ...

Re: Conundrum
Chef Gilles said:
You are not allowed to sell to people living in Canada.

Is that true, or are you just not allowed (able) to sell to a Canadian address?

The prices are a lot different, unfortunately, and there are also some different products (itty bitty bevs are not available in Canada). I order "American only" things pretty frequently and have them sent to an American PO box.

That said, it sounds like a pain in the butt and so I probably wouldn't do this anyway.

Re: ConundrumNo we can not place orders for anyone living in Canada. They must go through a Canadian consultant. Canada PC is a totally different company. ...And there are laws.And Carla, even if you placed an order for her she could not use her PHD. It would be caught immediately as not valid here.

Re: ConundrumLegal implications seems like a bit of a stretch. What if somebody came across the border for a party and paid with US cash?

Re: ConundrumI didn't say we would be doing anything illegal. What I meant is I believe they would have to declare the items when they took them over.

Re: Conundrum
BethCooks4U said:
I didn't say we would be doing anything illegal. What I meant is I believe they would have to declare the items when they took them over.

Yes, this is certainly true. I've never been charged duty on items I've driven across, though... as long as I'm not spending a fortune. I do occasionally get charged duty for shipped items, though.

Re: ConundrumUS consultants are only allowed to sell to people who live in the US and their territories....or are on military bases.
I haven't heard back from her.....she spends months at a time living in the US but her home IS in Canada.

Re: ConundrumI have a Mexico customer who orders from me. She's a US citizen living in Mexico. She emails and has me set up an online show, then she & her friends order enough to make a catalog show. She picks her host benefits by email, has the whole show shipped to her stateside address and times her shows for when she will be in the US to pick up her stuff. She has to claim what she's buying in the US and carrying back across the border, but I don't know what type of fees she's paying. That part is all on her. My sale is happening stateside, her bank is stateside and the shipping address is stateside. You can enter her PO box for warranty purposes and have it shipped to one of her friends closer to the border, but I certainly wouldn't drive to the border to deliver. She'd have to come to me if she wanted to buy from me. But I agree, she can't use her Canada PHD# on a stateside order. What's her hangup with not ordering from a Canadian Consultant? Something that's not in their catalog???

Re: ConundrumYou can't use a Canadian hostess discount on the American system. If her PO box is at a Mailbox, etc or UPS store, they can accept her package there though.

Re: ConundrumI always used to carry a conundrum in my wallet, just in case.

Re: ConundrumI have a Canadian friend who has ordered from me. Like Sheila's friend, she is a U.S. Citizen living in Canada because of her marriage to a Cannuck. Her bank account is stateside, the shipping address (her mom in Minnesota) is stateside and she picks them up when she comes to visit her family at Christmas. A simple stone isn't something that she has to declare at customs any more than her other gifts but again, that's on her.She's never hosted with me, but her mom has!Why have they ordered from me? Simply put, they are personal friends and wanted to help me get my business off the ground.But I agree, she's asking too much to use her Past Host Discount. And driving 50 miles to pick up a product? That must be some serious shipping costs to outweigh 5 gallons of gas for the 100 mile round trip!

1. What is "What Would You Do? I Have a Person From Canada Who Is Trying to Place"?

"What Would You Do? I Have a Person From Canada Who Is Trying to Place" is a game offered by Pampered Chef, where participants are given a hypothetical scenario and have to come up with creative solutions using Pampered Chef products.

2. How do I play "What Would You Do? I Have a Person From Canada Who Is Trying to Place"?

To play "What Would You Do? I Have a Person From Canada Who Is Trying to Place", you can either purchase the game kit from Pampered Chef or attend a live demonstration where the game will be played with a consultant. You can also host a party and ask your consultant to include the game as part of the demonstration.

3. What is the objective of "What Would You Do? I Have a Person From Canada Who Is Trying to Place"?

The objective of "What Would You Do? I Have a Person From Canada Who Is Trying to Place" is to come up with creative and practical solutions to the given scenario using Pampered Chef products. The goal is to showcase the versatility and usefulness of Pampered Chef products in everyday situations.

4. Can I play "What Would You Do? I Have a Person From Canada Who Is Trying to Place" alone?

"What Would You Do? I Have a Person From Canada Who Is Trying to Place" is designed to be played in a group setting, but you can also play it alone by coming up with solutions on your own. However, the game is more fun and engaging when played with a group of people.

5. Are there any prizes for playing "What Would You Do? I Have a Person From Canada Who Is Trying to Place"?

There are no prizes for playing "What Would You Do? I Have a Person From Canada Who Is Trying to Place", but it is a fun and interactive way to learn more about Pampered Chef products and how to use them creatively. However, your consultant may offer special discounts or promotions for participating in the game.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
beckyjsmith
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • rennea
  • General Chat