• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Replacing a Sheet Pan with a Stone: A Suggestion?

In summary, the host felt that having the sheet pans on stop sell made it harder for her to sell and she was upset because she was close to the $700 level. The customer wanted the sheet pans even though it was on stop sell, so I gave them both refunds and asked them if they wanted to be on a list for when they were available. The host ended up getting one more order to get to her level.
jrb0328
I had an outside order at a show yesterday order the Large Metal Sheet Pan. I was not able to tell her they were on stop sell because she was not there. I am going to get her phone number to call her and ask her what she would like to do. I was thinking of suggesting that she replace the sheet pan with a stone. After all, you can do everything on the stone that you can do on a sheet pan, am I correct?

Any suggestions or does this sound ok?

Great idea, but keep in mind you cannot broil when using stoneware. (No direct heat)

ok maybe I will ask her what she planned on doing with the sheet pan and if broiling was not on her to do list, I will suggest it and let her know about not broiling on the stone. Does anyone know when they are going to be off stop sell?

I would find out why she wanted it first, before suggesting the stone. Possibly she already knows she doesn't want stoneware.

jrb0328 said:
Does anyone know when they are going to be off stop sell?
The update from HO said they'd have more info in a month (mid May).

I had two outside orders on my last show with sheet pans on them even though I had told the host about the stop sell.

They wanted sheet pans not stones so I gave them both refunds and asked them if they wanted to be on a list for when they were available. They were disappointed but understood that there was nothing I could do at this time. One even booked a show and hopes to get it at her show! Use it as a booking tool! - but be careful that she knows that we have no idea when it will be available again.

The host felt it affected her sales (she was very close to the $700 level) and that it wasn't fair to her until I pointed out that I had let her know about it as soon as I knew and had asked her to mark the books. She did get one more order to get to her level so she ended up happy.

Related to Replacing a Sheet Pan with a Stone: A Suggestion?

What is the benefit of using a stone instead of a sheet pan?

Using a stone can help distribute heat more evenly, resulting in better browning and cooking of your food. It also absorbs moisture, helping to create a crispier crust on baked goods.

Do I need to preheat the stone before using it?

Yes, it is important to preheat your stone before using it to ensure even heating and prevent cracking. Preheat your stone in the oven for at least 30 minutes before placing food on it.

Can I use the stone for all types of food?

Yes, the stone can be used for a variety of foods including baked goods, meats, vegetables, and even frozen foods. However, it is not recommended for use with highly acidic foods such as tomatoes.

How do I clean and care for my stone?

To clean your stone, simply scrape off any excess food with a spatula and wipe with a damp cloth. Avoid using soap as it can absorb into the stone and affect the taste of your food. Allow the stone to cool completely before cleaning. For long-term care, avoid drastic temperature changes and never submerge the stone in water.

Can I use parchment paper or aluminum foil on the stone?

Yes, you can use parchment paper or aluminum foil on top of the stone to prevent sticking and make clean-up easier. However, avoid using cooking sprays as they can leave a residue on the stone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gypsy Rose
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
  • ragschef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies