• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Bread in a Stone Loaf Pan (Compared to Metal)?

In summary, using a stone loaf pan for baking bread offers benefits such as even heat distribution and a moist interior. It can be used in the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit and should be preheated for best results. To clean, use warm water and mild dish soap, avoiding harsh chemicals and soaking. The stone loaf pan can also be used for other types of baking, with adjusted cooking times and temperatures.
Michelle817
Silver Member
I'm debating buying a stone loaf pan, because I've recently started cooking a lot of bread (like regular wheat bread). I use a metal loaf pan now, and I think the bread turns out well. I'm curious just how much of a difference there would be with that compared to a stone one.

Has anyone made bread in both a metal and stone loaf pan, and how would you say they compare? Thanks!!

i only make my bread in the new metal loaf pan love how it bakes

I haven't gotten to use the metal one yet - but I do use the stoneware loaf pan all the time for bread and it turns out great! I would think the metal one would be comparable since the other metal pans bake wonderfully.

I love the stoneware loaf pan. It might take a few extra minutes if you're used to baking in a metal loaf pan. I find that the crust of the bread I bake in the stoneware is a little more tender than when I bake in a metal pan. Though, I also love our metal pan.

and using the metal one gets my crust more tender. Weird

Teresa, I wonder if our differences have to do with oven temps. Mine tends to run a little low.

maybe
i spray mine with bakers joy
when it comes to baking cookies, bread, cakes etc I always pill out the new metal bakeware. saving the stones for casseroles etc

Hi there! I can definitely understand your curiosity about using a stone loaf pan for bread baking. I have personally used both metal and stone loaf pans for baking bread, and I have to say, the results are quite different. First of all, using a stone loaf pan allows for more even heat distribution, resulting in a more evenly baked loaf of bread. This is especially important for breads with a denser texture, like wheat bread. The stone also retains heat better, so your bread will stay warm for longer after it's done baking.Another benefit of using a stone loaf pan is that it creates a crispier crust on the bread. The stone absorbs moisture from the dough, which helps create a nice, crunchy crust. This is especially great for artisan-style breads.However, using a metal loaf pan can also produce delicious bread. The metal allows for quicker heat transfer, resulting in a slightly faster baking time. It also allows for a lighter and softer crust on the bread.In the end, it really comes down to personal preference and the type of bread you are making. If you enjoy a crispy crust and want to achieve a more even bake, I highly recommend investing in a stone loaf pan. But if you prefer a softer crust and don't mind a slightly longer baking time, a metal loaf pan will work just fine.I hope this helps in your decision-making process. Happy baking!

1. What are the benefits of using a stone loaf pan for cooking bread compared to a metal pan?

Using a stone loaf pan allows for more even heat distribution, resulting in a perfectly baked loaf with a crispy crust. The stone also absorbs moisture, which helps to create a moist interior for the bread.

2. Can I use a stone loaf pan in the oven, and if so, at what temperature?

Yes, you can use a stone loaf pan in the oven. The recommended temperature is 425 degrees Fahrenheit.

3. Do I need to preheat the stone loaf pan before using it?

Yes, it is important to preheat the stone loaf pan for about 10-15 minutes before adding the bread dough. This helps to ensure even cooking and a crispy crust.

4. How do I clean a stone loaf pan after use?

To clean a stone loaf pan, allow it to cool completely before washing it with warm water and mild dish soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasives, as they can damage the stone. Do not soak the pan in water as it can cause the stone to crack.

5. Can I use a stone loaf pan for other types of baking, such as cakes or casseroles?

Yes, a stone loaf pan can be used for various types of baking, including cakes and casseroles. Just be sure to adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly, as the stone may require longer cooking times than metal pans.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies