• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are the Sheet Pans from Pampered Chef Worth the Weight?

P
Pampered Laura
I went to another PC party a couple weeks ago (lol, long story) and ordered about $250 worth of new stuff.... the gal doing the party was a sister-director before I left, and I LOVE HER, so I ordered a ton of stuff. :D

I got the Pinch bowls (cute), the small chefs tools, the stainless 10" pan, the collapsable bowl, green bar board/knife, free bamboo spoons (like I need more LOL), hmm... and a few other things I think... and HOLY CRAPAMOLI the sheet pans are heavy! I havent cooked on a "regular" sheet pan in forever... are you guys having good luck with those? I was expecting more of an "Airbake" type heaviness. I assume heavy= better?? :D

Anyway - just wanted to see what the concensus was on the pans, I gotta check out a few recipes to try. ;)

Laura...yeah, they are quite heavy! I have some industrial size ones (a bit larger than our large sheet pan) and our MEDIUM one out weighs my big ones! I am assuming thicker and heavier = better. At least, I can assure my customers that even though the warranty is for three years, it's pretty much gonna last forever!

I think they are super for broiling and other things we can't use our stones for. (Plus, I am one of those secret cookie makers who DOES NOT like our stones for cookies!!:eek: :eek: :eek: )

I think the weight is so they don't warp when using them under the broiler or at high temps.I can't say that they have been my biggest seller with the new products, but I did have someone book a show to get them for free.And Kelly - I don't think it's any big secret anymore! :)

People arent buying them full price? I got one of each size and was thinking about getting a couple more. I thought they were pretty inexpensive. I am shopping online right now, looking around... :D

I just got one of the medium sheet pans last night and I too was impressed by how heavy the sheet pan was. I haven't used it yet, but I'm excited about them. Now I just need to get the large pan.

Pampered Laura said:
People arent buying them full price? I got one of each size and was thinking about getting a couple more. I thought they were pretty inexpensive. I am shopping online right now, looking around... :D

I have people getting them at Full Price and getting other things discounted because they are reasonable.

I love my medium one...I need to "earn" more!!!! I use it non-stop and am dying to through out my old warped ones...

Kelly, I make cookies on them too..actually last batch, I used stones and the metal sheet, trying to get used to my stone for cookies... :blushing:

Each tool has a purpose I figure...

I had a lady at my show last night order 3 medium, 2 large at full price. She's very excited to throw out her AirBakes!

I haven't really mentioned them at shows. I like the stones, too much. I've used mine at home for baking pita wedges, following the recipe in the S/S SBRC 08. I also baked Stouffer's French bread pizza on one, after thawing it in the microwave like the directions said on the box. It was excellent! Not too hard, but crispy.

I sold a large pan and have a few customers who are planning on ordering the medium and the large soon. I brought some samples to a few meetings that I went to and showed them off. One of the people I showed them to is going to book a party soon too! The others said that they will order off of her show.

What are you guys saying to sell them? Maybe I'm not using the right words...

ChefBeckyD said:
What are you guys saying to sell them? Maybe I'm not using the right words...

I just show them and let them feel them...they are amazed by the weight/quality.

Did you see my selling point awhile back???? I'll have to dig it out...it was more joking but may work... ;)

I mostly show them and tell them that they can use them under their broilers and that they are close to professional (see Martha Stewart--she uses similar ones and other cooking shows) and that they are dishwasher safe. People like the feel of them and see that they are not cheap/junk that will warp. We can't use our stones under the broiler and of course our stones are not to be used in the dishwasher.

I haven't had to say much to sell them. I have sold 2 large and 3 medium so far. Just showing them has sold them for me!

I sold several last week a show just by passing it around.. .they checked the price, talked about the superior quality at such a reasonable cost and ordered away!

Hmmm, interesting, because I've been bringing the med. sized pan to all my shows - but I don't think I've really passed it around. Guess I need to start doing that!

I've sold more than I thought I would. I talk about how they can go under the broiler (contrast them to stoneware on that point) and how they won't do that warping thing when you bake. Pass one around and the weight will show them what a quality pan it is.

I sold 3 sets (yes both large and med) last night at my FIRST interactive show! People loved playing with everything and I think that just letting them see for themselves and touch them before we start was an amazing feature to the show. Those sheet pans need to be seen to be bought, and once someone in the group decided she needed both then the other two women asked her why and she told them why she wanted them so they all bought them as well. I didn't have to "sell" them at all!

I am bringing the medium one to every show. This is DEFINATELY one of those items that once you feel it in your hands, you KNOW how well made it is!

KellyTheChef said:
(Plus, I am one of those secret cookie makers who DOES NOT like our stones for cookies!!:eek: :eek: :eek: )
shock.gif

BLASPHEMY!

shock.gif

KG, you have mail. Probably... :D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
shock.gif

BLASPHEMY!

shock.gif
771.gif

716.gif

KG- I have two new smiley's in honor of your new star...

BTW- I love the sheet pans for cookies much better than the stoneware. So that makes me blasphemous as well.:blushing:

Pampered Laura said:
KG, you have mail. Probably... :D
Not recently.

After all these years of preaching the superiority of stoneware for baking, it is really tough to even say the word, aluminum, isn't it?

I sort of felt that way at first but that is also what my first thought was about stainless cookware and I've fallen in love with that too so I'm trying to be open to new ideas and a broader market. I have a couple people to contact because they have been very vocal about not liking to make cookies on their stones even tho they love them for loads of other things.

I just got my order of the new S/S items and I only had time to open the box and I just happened to pick up the sheet pan that was on top. I was surprised at the weight the item had. I cant wait to get to go back home and look through the rest of my goodies. This is the last order of personal/show products I can get for a while I can't walk through the room as it is now.

i bought them in the sample pack and bring the smaller one to shows. since that time, i have sold several at each of my March shows, including multiples to people who are upgrading or want a smaller pan. I mention them when I show the new spring products but I dont make a big deal.
I think sometimes its easier to sell an upgrade to a familiar product then to convert someone to something new or unfamiliar.

The grill basket and collapsible bowl are also going fast. As usual, our PC product folks have their ears to the ground and brains out of the box ;-)

I have sold a total of 10 so far this month :)

Since I've passed around my medium everyone oouuhs and awhhs on the quality and the price! And have sold a set.

I have sold 4 so far - I think I need to work on selling them - out of my comfort zone of stoneware etc - I still can't sell the stainless cookware, I am not a stainless cookware cook - I love the exec. I am going to try using the sheet pans - so I can fall in love with them and then spread my passion ... (keep it clean ladies!! keep it clean!! LOL)

Related to Are the Sheet Pans from Pampered Chef Worth the Weight?

1. Are the sheet pans from Pampered Chef worth the weight?

This is a common question among Pampered Chef customers, especially those who have recently purchased the sheet pans. Many people are surprised by the weight of the pans and wonder if it is worth it.

2. Why are the sheet pans from Pampered Chef so heavy?

The sheet pans from Pampered Chef are made with heavy-duty materials and are designed to provide even heat distribution for optimal cooking. The weight of the pans also adds stability and durability, making them a long-lasting investment for your kitchen.

3. Are the sheet pans from Pampered Chef better than regular sheet pans?

This is a subjective question and ultimately depends on personal preference. However, many customers believe that the heavy weight and high-quality materials of the Pampered Chef sheet pans result in better and more consistent cooking results compared to regular sheet pans.

4. Do the sheet pans from Pampered Chef come in different sizes?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers sheet pans in various sizes to fit different needs and preferences. They have a 10" x 15" size, a 10" x 14" size, and a 12" x 17" size. Each size is made with the same heavy-duty materials and provides the same cooking benefits.

5. What recipes are best suited for the sheet pans from Pampered Chef?

The sheet pans from Pampered Chef can be used for a variety of recipes, including baking cookies, roasting vegetables, and making sheet pan meals. The even heat distribution and sturdy construction make them suitable for any recipe that requires a baking sheet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
Replies