• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Box Condition Alert: Addressing Issues with Fragile Packaging | Call HO Now!"

Not the boxes themselves but FedEx keeps putting boxes on my deck upside down. Um they aren't packed that way and might have breakable stuff sitting on top!Funny you mention this! I was just noting on my last shipment how little good the tape was doing. It just wasn't centered like it should be in order to hold both sides down. I'll make a point of paying closer attention and see if this is a real problem.I have a had a bunch of those as well.I had 2 shows delivered today to me... one host is on vacation and the other works for another DS company and thought it was crazy that it all came to her and she had to package and deliver
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
Lately the boxes have been arriving rather beat up. Also, there seems to be a lack of tape holding them together especially on the bottom of the box. My latest host had 2 broken stones and a set of pinch bowls. The box was repackaged at FedEx because it broke in transit thus breaking her products. I have had catalogs arrive in boxes that are barely held together. I called HO and she said it was the first she has heard of this issue with the boxes. If you are experiencing bad packaging, please call HO and let them know. The only way they will address the problem is if they hear about it. Thanks for the help.

Not the boxes themselves but FedEx keeps putting boxes on my deck upside down. Um they aren't packed that way and might have breakable stuff sitting on top!

Funny you mention this! I was just noting on my last shipment how little good the tape was doing. It just wasn't centered like it should be in order to hold both sides down. I'll make a point of paying closer attention and see if this is a real problem.

I have a had a bunch of those as well.

I had 2 shows delivered today to me... one host is on vacation and the other works for another DS company and thought it was crazy that it all came to her and she had to package and deliver.... anyways... I open the front door to leave and bam! A wall of boxes... all upside down and barely holding together!

my last several have been that way also (barely taped together). Thought it was just me, guess not.

Please call HO and let them know so they can fix the issue.

Me too! Got a two box delivery Tuesday. The FedEx guy did put them right side up but after picking up the first box, I wished he had not done so. One flap came open. I will get on it with a call to HO. Tape can not be that expensive!

I haven't had an issue with the tape, but today someone brought me her box and asked me what to do with it. I asked what was wrong, and she reached into the large box, and grabbed a smaller box... the box holding her two SA small bowls, and she shook it... I heard the unmistakable sound of SAND! She hadn't even opened the SA box... and didn't need to, it was clear the contents were decimated. I called HO for a replacement.

I sent an e-mail. I think, as I recall after an HO tour that the boxes are made by a machine. So it means that someone is not checking them as often as need be. Anyway, complaint sent. And as for the SA pieces, How the heck could anything get that broken? Even if it was not packed well, it should not be that broken up! I wonder if the product was already broken when it got pack at HO and shipping it just worsened the problem. Yikes! At least was nice about it, right?

Boxes here have been a mess since FedEx took over. It's unusual to get one that isn't massively damaged or open at some level. HO didn't seem surprised when I've mentioned it in the past. Somehow the items are usually still in there, a few times I've been missing something small.

I think it depends on where you are and what hub your items are processed through, in some cases.

I haven't paid really close attention to the tape issue. I got an order yesteday that seemed the outside boxes were fine and the inside boxes had some crushing issues. I hope the buyers don't find their items cracked. :(

It looks like it isn't entirely a tape issue either. Federal Express must be cutting corners too and taking less pride in their work. I'm expecting a shipment today and I'll judge my boxes again.

Brenda.the.chef said:
It looks like it isn't entirely a tape issue either. Federal Express must be cutting corners too and taking less pride in their work. I'm expecting a shipment today and I'll judge my boxes again.

The problem is that Fed-Ex Home Delivery (separate entity from their original business) are all Franchised. So the drivers own their truck and their route. One person could be getting excellent service from Fed-Ex, because they have a Route Owner who provides excellent service. The next person could be getting really poor service because the Owner/driver isn't driven by exellence. :)

flemings99 said:
Boxes here have been a mess since FedEx took over. It's unusual to get one that isn't massively damaged or open at some level. HO didn't seem surprised when I've mentioned it in the past. Somehow the items are usually still in there, a few times I've been missing something small.

I was told that we (The Pampered Chef) package the products and FedEx. While I do not love FedEx, this is not their fault but ours. I does seem that since we switch we have had a problem with the boxes, but I think this is a coincidence.

proper taping to begin with is a PC issue. Condition of the boxes is a FedEx issue. As someone who used to work for UPS, I know this firsthand. The workers loading the trucks are not the owners. Boxes (at UPS anyway) are to be handled properly. No throwing, no kicking, arrows up, etc... Sometimes they will still get damaged. Conveyor belts will get clogged and boxes can fall. The occasional damaged box is a risk of shipping with any company.

FedEx drivers ARE owener/operators. (UPS drivers are not) So, if you are having issues with where they leave your packages and packages being left upside down, that is a driver issue. Condition of boxes may also be a driver issue, but not always. Those boxes pass through many hands before they get to you....

Has anyone had trouble lately with things being left out of the orders? Out of about 6 shows, I have had something missing from 4 of my parties when they arrive at the host's house! And everything was ordered- I know that they do a lot of orders a day, but man they have really left lots out lately!

I had some show missing items. My launch order was not missing items but it was missing bags (only 4 bags for the whole show and there were 4 boxes of stuff) and the who got who/which box was missing. Luckily I had everything in P3 so I just reprinted receipts but it was really annoying. I called and complained but was just told they would pass it on to the warehouse. I guess stuff happens. I just tell my hosts to call if anything seems wrong. A host just dropped off a ton of extra bags with me. So I have no idea how they figure out how many bags to send.

Tracy99 said:
I had some show missing items. My launch order was not missing items but it was missing bags (only 4 bags for the whole show and there were 4 boxes of stuff) and the who got who/which box was missing. Luckily I had everything in P3 so I just reprinted receipts but it was really annoying. I called and complained but was just told they would pass it on to the warehouse. I guess stuff happens. I just tell my hosts to call if anything seems wrong. A host just dropped off a ton of extra bags with me. So I have no idea how they figure out how many bags to send.

I'm finding that shows that I host come w/o the tear off sorting slips. I think they don't send them to us, figuring we have P3 to guide us.

The boxes I recieve are usually re-taped by Fed-Ex if they are not holding. Also, some of my inside boxes seem to be more damaged than the ouside box. That being said my orders have not been accurate. I am usually either missing something or get extra somethings. I got 3 of the Mother's Day totes when only 1 was ordered and I placed a supply order for catalogs and received cattys plus mini whippers and SBs even though I did not order them and was not charged for them. When I called HO they simply said "It must have been your lucky day" I think they need a QA department.

I'm finding that shows that I host come w/o the tear off sorting slips.

I'll be darned. I learn something new every day. I didn't realize that those slips tore apart.

My kick-off show was the only other show that I sorted, until my recent fundraiser. The Kick-off didn't get any slips of any sort. I figured they must have known I had the original order copies and wouldn't need it.

I learned a lot sorting the fundraiser order. It will help me a lot in the future, I think.

KCPChef said:
Has anyone had trouble lately with things being left out of the orders? Out of about 6 shows, I have had something missing from 4 of my parties when they arrive at the host's house! And everything was ordered- I know that they do a lot of orders a day, but man they have really left lots out lately!

4 out of 5 shows were missing items. One of the shows came with things I didn't order and missing things I did. When I complained about this and the lack of Customer Service I was getting on another post I was told by someone that I was trash talking HO. Wonder how they would feel hearing several other people are getting the same service...

I just had a $2300 show order and it came perfect, as far as all of the items being there. There were some crushed boxes on the inside, which made me a little nervous. But, you know what? That order came in a flash and I was so impressed! The only mess-ups were by me. I had 4 "spare parts" when I was done sorting. They will find their homes eventually.

I can't believe that they can sort and pack that quickly. It would take me forever and I would still mess it up! And, any mess-ups I have had that the HO did, they just sent the right items and did the best they could to make it easy on everyone. I have no complaints so far. ;) Of course, I only have 90 days in and $7000+ in sales, so I am sure I will hit a snag somewhere in the future. ;)

Teresa LM said:
I just had a $2300 show order and it came perfect, as far as all of the items being there. There were some crushed boxes on the inside, which made me a little nervous. But, you know what? That order came in a flash and I was so impressed! The only mess-ups were by me. I had 4 "spare parts" when I was done sorting. They will find their homes eventually.

I can't believe that they can sort and pack that quickly. It would take me forever and I would still mess it up! And, any mess-ups I have had that the HO did, they just sent the right items and did the best they could to make it easy on everyone. I have no complaints so far. ;) Of course, I only have 90 days in and $7000+ in sales, so I am sure I will hit a snag somewhere in the future. ;)

This has been my experience with PC as far as packing and shipping shows during my 8.5 years with them.
I guess it's all in how you view it. ;)

I am half way through my 10th year and I can honestly say I have only had about 6 calls to HO for problems with shipping containers and I think I have made about 8 calls, yes, I usually keep a log, for missing items and it looks like 4 about too many products. All in all, I think that is a fantastic track record. I have had more calls with FedEx about damaged boxes but what bugs me are the number of calls, 14 in all, of EXCEPTION DELIVERIES I have had to take care of with FedEx. ALL of these were for address not correct instances! Funny how when you plug the addresses into Google Maps or Yahoo maps that the address ALWAYS came up with a map for every one of those addresses! I just had one go to a restaurant where, when I looked it up on Yahoo, NOT THE NAME OF THE RESTAURANT, but the address, at the very bottom of the directions was the cross reference to the name of the place! Funny how both map programs found it without a hitch but the driver could not.

1. What is a "Box Condition Alert" and why is it important?

A "Box Condition Alert" is a warning that appears on the packaging of fragile products to inform customers and shipping carriers to handle the package with care. It is important because it helps to prevent damage and breakage of the product during shipping.

2. What types of products typically have a "Box Condition Alert"?

Fragile products such as glassware, ceramics, and kitchen appliances often have a "Box Condition Alert" to ensure safe shipping and delivery to customers.

3. What should I do if I receive a package with a damaged "Box Condition Alert"?

If you receive a package with a damaged "Box Condition Alert", please contact our customer service team immediately. We will assist you in filing a claim with the shipping carrier and ensuring a replacement product is sent to you.

4. Can I still use a product if the "Box Condition Alert" is damaged?

If the product inside the damaged packaging appears to be undamaged, you can still use it. However, we recommend contacting our customer service team to report the issue and ensure a replacement product is sent to you.

5. How can I help prevent damage to products with a "Box Condition Alert" during shipping?

You can help prevent damage by using appropriate packaging materials such as bubble wrap or packing peanuts, and labeling the package as fragile. Additionally, make sure to handle the package with care and avoid dropping or mishandling it during shipping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• christinaspc
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Back