• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rounding Up Donations: A Simple Way to Give from the Heart - Katie's Tip

In summary, the director at the local restaurant encourages customers to round up their order unless they mark an "x" in the box. She found that most customers participated in this idea and it added up slowly, but every penny counts.
cookn' katie
I was listening to a PC Cd a while ago, the director stated she tells everyone that she will just automatically round their order up, unless they mark an x in the box. I always wanted to do this but and I could never find the right words to say it, without sounding pushy. Well one of my new years goals was to have $150 in donations. So last night I told everyone their order would be rounded up unless they told me not to. IT Worked so well. I encourage everyone to do this. Everyone loved the idea. It adds up slowly but every penny counts. Try it at your next show. Katie

I know that a lot of people do this but I would personally never do this. I don't feel that I have any right to add to people's order. I do talk about round up and also ask every guest at checkout. I have a high percentage who do round up and those that don't - well, that's their decision.

People are approached constantly to donate to this or that and a lot of people volunteer time and money. If I do a good job of informing I will get good donations from those that choose to.

...IMHO.

I tell them as part of my presentation what Round up from the heart is. I simply say it and then tag on "if you don't want to round up just let me know". It helps if you tell them what your goal is. I didnt have change one night (I rarely carry cash, which isnt a good thing) but the lady said, just use my change to round up! Which was nice, about $5.

Good luck with your new year resolution!

cookn' katie said:
I was listening to a PC Cd a while ago, the director stated she tells everyone that she will just automatically round their order up, unless they mark an x in the box.

I've been doing this since I started. I explain what Round Up (both the trivet & the cash donation). I point out where the Round Up area is on their order form and explain that if they partcipate their change will go to a local food pantry. Then I tell them that if they don't wan't to participate they can just put a line through that area and if they don't mark it out I'll just automatically round up their order when I'm totalling. Haven't ever had any problems. A few people do mark a line through it but mostly they participate. Many forget and are amazed that their total is an even number and I'll say "that's with the Round Up".

Dear Katie,I am so glad to hear that you have successfully implemented the rounding up method for your orders. It's a great way to increase donations and every penny counts towards achieving your goal. I completely agree that it can be difficult to find the right words to say without sounding pushy, but it seems like you have found a great way to approach it. I will definitely take your advice and try it at my next show. Thank you for sharing your success with us and keep up the great work!Best regards,

1. What is "Round up From the Heart"?

"Round up From the Heart" is a charitable program run by Pampered Chef that allows customers to round up their purchase to the nearest dollar and donate the difference to Feeding America, a non-profit organization that helps fight hunger in the United States.

2. How does "Round up From the Heart" work?

When you make a purchase through Pampered Chef, you have the option to round up your total to the nearest dollar. The difference between your actual total and the rounded up amount will be donated to Feeding America.

3. Can I choose which charity my donation goes to?

No, the donations collected through "Round up From the Heart" are specifically designated to Feeding America. However, Pampered Chef also runs other charitable initiatives that support different causes.

4. Is there a limit to how much I can round up?

No, there is no limit to how much you can round up. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated by Feeding America and those in need.

5. How long has Pampered Chef been running "Round up From the Heart"?

Pampered Chef has been running "Round up From the Heart" since 2011 and has raised over $29 million for Feeding America through this program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• epimomma99
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chaqueequa
  • Jennifer E
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennifer E
Replies