• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Better Way to Back Up Your Pampered Partner Program?

In summary, a cluster-mate shared a program for backing up the Pampered Partner program online to avoid using floppy disks, CDs, or flash drives. The program offers a 30-day free trial and is less expensive than a flash drive for a year of service. However, some data processing experts are skeptical about the effectiveness of online backups and recommend maintaining control over one's own files for security reasons.
chefann
Gold Member
I just got this from a cluster-mate who is still a member of a PC Loop, but not here. It sounds interesting. I don't have any experience with it, so this post should not be considered an endorsement, but rather purely informational in nature.

PRESS RELEASE
January, 2008
For Immediate Release

CHECK THIS OUT!
Back Up Your Pampered Partner Online
My husband wrote a program for me to back up my Pampered Partner program online so I never have to use a floppy, CD or FlashDrive again to keep my Pampered Partner safe, secure and accessible from ANYWHERE! Do you ever forget to back up your Pampered Partner? Have you ever had your computer crash? Have you ever had your back up become corrupted? I HAVE but NEVER AGAIN!

He has been working on it for months and months and we're pretty sure that it's got the "bugs" out. He's got it set up with a 30 day free trial but if you love it like I do - it's less than the cost of a flashdrive for a whole year of service.

Check it out!

If you have any issues with the download process, email me and I'll get Terry to contact you or you can contact him through his website (below). Include your day, evening phone numbers and your email. We've run into a few people who have older systems or haven't keep [sic] their Windows Updates current and you may need some help. It will automatically ask you if it can download any system programs you may be missing so just follow the directions and THEN FORGET ABOUT IT! It will automatically back up your Pampered Partner daily as long as you've made a change.

Please give me your feedback and please share this email with your team and your Pampered Chef friends.

Just go to index.html
to contact Terry Brown directly-[email protected]

Teresa

Not to be a kill joy but...All you are doing is backing it up to another computer. Another computer that too can crash. I work in Data Processing for a major Mortgage company.
We have looked into off site, electronic storage, (like this program) and have talked to some heavy hitters in the data processing business. Not one of them will swear by this type of back up. For example, a major company in our area was hit hard by a snow storm. They lost power and it corrupted their main frame. When the power was restored and they found the data files were bad, they went to retrieve the electronic backups from the night before. They could not do so!! Because of the power issue, the communications program and/or lines they use to get that info downloaded back to them were not working!! They were told it would be several days before they could retrive their files. Well, you can't wait when you run a multi million dollar a day company. So they ended up loosing several days worth of orders, data files and what not because they had to go back to the weekly on tape backups they do. And guess what, they never were able to retrtieve the electronic back up files. It seems the company storing them had also sustained a power loss during the same storms even though the companies were several 100 miles apart. The storage company lost the server the files were on and were not able to recover any of the data.
So, take it as you will but I have total control over my files. And for security reasons I know they are safe to a point as well. I will never hear about someone stealing credit card info from my files on open shows because that data was not in my possesion.

I'm with you on that one, John. But there are some consultants who never back up, and something is better than nothing, right?

1. What is the best way to back up my Pampered Chef data?

The best way to back up your Pampered Chef data is by using our online backup feature. This will ensure that your data is securely stored in the cloud and can be easily accessed from any device.

2. How often should I back up my data?

We recommend backing up your data at least once a week or whenever you make significant changes to your account. This will ensure that you always have the most up-to-date information in case of any data loss.

3. Can I back up my data manually?

Yes, you can manually back up your data by exporting your account information to a CSV file. However, we highly recommend using our online backup feature for convenience and added security.

4. Will my backed up data be secure?

Yes, your backed up data is encrypted and stored in a secure server. Only you have access to your data, ensuring its safety and privacy.

5. Can I restore my data from a backup?

Yes, you can easily restore your data from a backup by using our restore feature. This will allow you to retrieve any previously backed up data and integrate it back into your account.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • trps
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
robbiesmom123
  • pamperedval