• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make a Difference: Support RUFTH with Easy Guest Round Ups!"

In summary, my guests rounded up to the nearest dollar and also mentioned how it's summer time and many kids are going hungry because they aren't getting breakfast and lunch at school. I'm so excited that one of my guests rounded up an extra dollar and another rounded up and extra FIVE DOLLARS!!! YIPPEEEEE!!!
DebbieJ
Last night I made a point of suggesting that my guests round up more than to the nearest dollar and also mentioned how it's summer time and many kids are going hungry because they aren't getting breakfast and lunch at school.

All guests rounded up, but one rounded up an extra dollar and another rounded up and extra FIVE DOLLARS!!! YIPPEEEEE!!!

I'm so excited. RUFTH is a program near and dear to my heart and it is SO SO SO SO EASY for you and your guests to participate.

If you're not talking about it at your shows, START NOW!! I take at most 30 seconds to mention it, but it makes a big difference.

Great idea! I usually talk one on one because I had a few outspoken people talk bad about our San Diego Food Bank (before I moved) and didn't feel comfortable with it. I think your wording is just perfect. I may just have to use it ;)

I talk about it at my shows, and I have had several that gave $10!!! I couldn't believe it. Almost everyone rounds up but it is really nice when they round up even more! Whenever I buy anything whether supply or whatever I round up at least $1 usually more than that though. A little bit goes a long way!!

Stupid question--how do you enter that "extra amount" into PP3? I had a situation last week where the tax was different than what I had charged and I was just going to apply the extra to round up, but I couldn't get it to take more than to just make it the next dollar amt.

In the past I would always tell people that if they wanted to "round up" just circle the heart. I still found myself asking people because they didn't hear me, came in late, forgot, etc. A while back someone stated that they tell guests at the show that unless they cross out the line for rounding up, she will automatically round up. I started doing that this month and no one has questioned me. I am determined to increase my Round Up Campaign amount this season. It is all for a great cause. :)

straitfan said:
Stupid question--how do you enter that "extra amount" into PP3? I had a situation last week where the tax was different than what I had charged and I was just going to apply the extra to round up, but I couldn't get it to take more than to just make it the next dollar amt.
Instead of clicking the box for "Round Up," just enter the amount in the dollar box. :)

I was going to ask the same thing Thanks :)

pkd09 said:
In the past I would always tell people that if they wanted to "round up" just circle the heart. I still found myself asking people because they didn't hear me, came in late, forgot, etc. A while back someone stated that they tell guests at the show that unless they cross out the line for rounding up, she will automatically round up. I started doing that this month and no one has questioned me. I am determined to increase my Round Up Campaign amount this season. It is all for a great cause. :)

I used to do that. But now by ASKING everyone at checkout, several people have increased their contributions.

How much have ya'll collected so far round up this year? It runs from what month to what month again?

pkd09 said:

I always talk about RUFTH and automatically round-up orders unless the guest indicate otherwise.

dannyzmom said:
How much have ya'll collected so far round up this year? It runs from what month to what month again?
For Conference recognition: September 1, 2006 - May 31, 2007
For the RUFTH year: September 1, 2006 - August 31, 2007

chefann said:
For Conference recognition: September 1, 2006 - May 31, 2007
For the RUFTH year: September 1, 2006 - August 31, 2007

Alright - then from 9/1 to now, I have $217.92 in round up donations - not including trivets...so i get a lanyard, right?

Yep. And the special seating for breakfast. :)

$450.80 =) not including trivets, sold 60 trivets

ChefLoriG said:
$450.80 =) not including trivets, sold 60 trivets

Wow-60 trivets! That is great, congratulations. I am excited to see the new trivet coming out for the Fall. I love this one soo much I am not sure they can make a better one! I gave a woman one as a housewarming gift (she just moved into a mansion-literally) and I was soo proud that our trivet held its own in her AMAZING kitchen.

Related to Make a Difference: Support RUFTH with Easy Guest Round Ups!"

1. How can I participate in the "Make a Difference: Support RUFTH with Easy Guest Round Ups!" campaign?

To participate in the campaign, simply attend a Pampered Chef party or host your own party and encourage your guests to round up their purchase total to the nearest dollar. The rounded up amount will be donated to RUFTH.

2. What is RUFTH and why is Pampered Chef supporting them?

RUFTH (Raising Up Families Together in Hope) is a non-profit organization that provides support and resources to families experiencing homelessness. Pampered Chef is supporting them as part of our commitment to giving back to our community and making a positive impact in people's lives.

3. Can I still participate if I don't attend a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, you can participate by making a purchase on our website and selecting the option to round up your total for RUFTH. You can also donate directly to RUFTH through our website.

4. Will my donation be tax-deductible?

Yes, all donations made through the "Make a Difference" campaign will be tax-deductible. You will receive a receipt for your donation from RUFTH.

5. How long will the "Make a Difference" campaign be running?

The campaign will run for a limited time, so be sure to check our website or ask your consultant for the specific dates. However, you can always donate directly to RUFTH through our website or by contacting them directly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
pchefkristin
  • pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies