• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

:D I Think There May Need to Be a New Forum Made That Is Called

S
sfdavis918
:D I think there may need to be a new forum made that is called "Help Sarah figure out dinner"!

OK, the other night we had spaghetti and I told DH to cook the whole package, thinking it was a 1lb bag. That usually does fine for us and we have some leftovers for lunch the next day. So he cooks it and when he poors it into the strainer he says "wow, it just fits in here". That is unusual because it always fits in that strainer. WELL, the bag was a 2lb bag!!! So now we have spaghetti coming out of our ears! We have had it for two lunches and two dinners and there is still about 1/2 of it left!

So I'm wondering if there is anything I can do with it instead of just serving it as spaghetti with pasta sauce again. The pasta sauce is already on it, but I need to add some more if we have it that way again because it's a bit dry.

Any creative ideas out there??

TIA!

I freeze leftover spaghetti for Dh's work lunches or for dinner another night. I add a bit of extra sauce so it does not dry out.

If you grew your own, like in Switzerland, you'd only harvest what you needed and prevent having too much.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c8/Spaghetti_harvest.jpg

Make baked spaghetti.... You'd probably need a bit more sauce, but add frozen carrots, peas & corn to the spaghetti. Sprinkle shredded cheddar or mozzerella & bake it until heated through & the cheese is bubbly.

Pizzaghetti - haven't ever made this but I've heard it's really good. Probably a layer of your spaghetti with sauce in the deep dish baker as a crust. Then pizza sauce with toppings & cheese on top. Just an idea.

Here is a recipe from my MIL - it's very good, and it freezes well.
Spaghetti Casserole
1 lb spaghetti - cooked
32 ounces spaghetti sauce
3/4 lb hamburger - cooked and drained
1/4 cup finely minced onion
1/4 cup finely minced green pepper (I use red pepper - just like it better)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 can condensed tomato soup
4-6 slices American CheeseMix all ingredients together except cheese. Pour into Casserole Dish, and top with cheese slices. Cover with foil and bake @ 350 for 45 minutes.eta: maybe if you just added everything except the spaghetti sauce, since you said that is already mixed in......and if you are going to freeze it, don't add the cheese until you bake it.

I make a ham tettrazini, using spaghetti, chopped ham, diced pimento, chopped green bell pepper (saute the pepper before mixing it in), canned mushrooms, and sometimes black olive slices. I then take a can of cream of mushroom soup, mixed in with about a half can of milk. Mix all the ingredients together and then combine it with the spaghetti. I top it with some cheese, and bake it in a 13x9 pan for about 25-30 minutes (350-375 degrees)

I love adding our basil blend canola oil to it and cooking some shrimp with seasoning and mixing it in too...

Put this baby in a deep dish pie plate!! OMG - delish!!

SPAGHETTI PIE

6 oz. spaghetti, cooked & drain (3 c. when done)
2 tbsp. butter
2 beaten eggs
1/3 c. Parmesan cheese

Mix and form into crust and put in greased pie plate.

STEP 2:
1 c. cream style cottage cheese
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/4 c. chopped green pepper
18 oz. can stewed tomatoes
6 oz. can tomato sauce
1 lb. ground beef
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. garlic salt

Spread with cream style cottage cheese over noodles. Cook and drain ground beef. Add onion and green pepper. Mix stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, oregano and garlic salt. Stir together meat mixture and put on top of cottage cheese layer. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake 5 minutes more.

That sounds good Doreen! I will have to try it! ;)

Also, this is still spaghetti, but Chicken parm with a side of it. Pound out chicken breast, lightly bread, and bake in oven with sauce and parm cheese. I also add some mozzarella for few minutes at the end. I would perk up the sauce with some parm too for your spaghetti!

I add lots of roasted veggies to mine. Delish!

toss it cold with italian dressing and sprinkle with parm cheese and crushed red pepper flakes! Add chopped onion and bell pepper. Eat cold. It's yummy!

I must just be lazy but my first thought is "Pasta's cheap. If you've eaten enough, just throw it out!" :D

GeorgiaPeach said:
I must just be lazy but my first thought is "Pasta's cheap. If you've eaten enough, just throw it out!" :D

Ours usually goes to the dogs as a "special" treat. :)

Doreen! This is a family favorite! We call it "String Pie". LOVE IT!

AND - it freezes very well. My Grandma had everything she could ever want, except the ability to cook in her later years (think - 95 years old!). So for Christmas her last few years *I* was the golden child because I would make her a "String Pie', cut it into individual servings, put each serving in a freezer container, and give that to her. She loved it that she could have it whenever she wanted it!!! I swear - that was her favorite gift! It really made the others mad who'd spent lots of money on her! hehe!!!

Last edited:
Cooked pasta keeps 2-3 days in the fridge in a plastic bag or container. You can store it in the fridge in water to cover, for about a week. Or you can freeze it in a sauce.

[hijack]
I just watched The Apartment over the weekend, the great Jack Lemmon movie from 1960. One of the continuity errors in it comes from him draining spaghetti on a tennis racket, only to find one saggy strand on the tennis racket a week later. Hello? My spaghetti gets cripsy when left out for several minutes, but certainly not a week!
[/hijack]

Related to :D I Think There May Need to Be a New Forum Made That Is Called

1. What can I do with leftover spaghetti besides serving it with pasta sauce?

There are many ways to repurpose leftover spaghetti. You can make a spaghetti frittata by mixing the spaghetti with beaten eggs and any additional toppings and baking it in a pan. You can also use the spaghetti to make a spaghetti pie, where the spaghetti is layered with sauce and cheese and baked in a pie dish. Another option is to make spaghetti and meatballs by rolling the leftover spaghetti into balls and frying them, then serving with marinara sauce. You can also use the spaghetti in a stir-fry or as a topping for a pizza.

2. Can I freeze leftover spaghetti?

Yes, you can freeze leftover spaghetti. Make sure to let it cool completely before placing it in an airtight container or freezer bag. When reheating, you may need to add a little water or sauce to prevent it from drying out.

3. How long will leftover spaghetti last in the fridge?

Cooked spaghetti will typically last 3-5 days in the fridge. Make sure to store it in an airtight container to keep it fresh.

4. What can I add to leftover spaghetti to make it more flavorful?

If the spaghetti is already cooked and sauced, you can add some fresh herbs, grated cheese, or a drizzle of olive oil to enhance the flavors. You can also mix in some cooked vegetables, such as bell peppers or mushrooms, for added nutrition and taste.

5. Can I use leftover spaghetti in a cold pasta salad?

Yes, you can use leftover spaghetti in a cold pasta salad. Just make sure to rinse the spaghetti with cold water before using it to prevent it from sticking together. You can also add some fresh vegetables and a vinaigrette dressing to make a refreshing and easy dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
ChefKrisB
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224