• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the secret to getting toddlers to eat chicken?

In summary, there are several easy and toddler-friendly recipes that you can try, such as Mini Mac and Cheese Bites, Veggie Nuggets, and Banana Oatmeal Pancakes. When cooking for your toddler, it's important to avoid choking hazards and limit added sugars and salt. You can involve your toddler in the cooking process and many of the recipes can be made ahead of time. Some tips for getting your picky eater to try these recipes include involving them in meal planning, serving meals in fun ways, and being patient as it may take multiple tries for them to develop a taste for certain foods.
babywings76
Gold Member
Okay, my 22 month old little girl hasn't been doing too good at the dinner table lately. She won't eat meat, well...do chicken nuggets count? Real normal chicken she spits out. Hamburger meat in spaghetti sauce, forget it. Meatloaf, pork, steak, etc, she won't eat it.

Well, I made the Moroccan chicken skillet whatever it's called recipe from Week 2 of the Dinner-Done! recipes. It was getting late when I made it and I figured there'd be no way my kids would eat it, so I made them something else real quick. Now here I am eating leftovers for lunch. My baby found me in the office, jumped on my lap and is now wolfing it down. She won't let me have my fork back. :D

Just thought it was so funny. Guess I'll have to cook this again just for her! :)

I cook special stuff for my kids, too. Toddlers are fussy. They seem to prefer finder foods.

My 15 month old loved this recipe too. I think the cooking method made the chicken really moist.

However, my picky 3 1/2 year old wouldn't touch it. I keep telling myself, someday he will eat, and I won't be able to cook fast enough for them.

What are some easy recipes that my toddler will love?

One popular recipe is our Mini Mac and Cheese Bites. It's a fun twist on a classic dish that kids love. Another option is our Veggie Nuggets, which are packed with vegetables and protein. Our Banana Oatmeal Pancakes are also a hit with little ones.

What ingredients should I avoid when cooking for my toddler?

It's important to avoid ingredients that are choking hazards, such as whole nuts or large chunks of raw vegetables. It's also best to limit added sugars and salt in your toddler's meals. Be mindful of common allergens like nuts and dairy, and always check food labels for potential allergens.

Can I involve my toddler in the cooking process?

Absolutely! Cooking with your child is a great way to bond and teach them important life skills. Keep tasks simple, such as mixing ingredients or adding toppings, and always supervise them in the kitchen.

Can I make these recipes ahead of time?

Many of our toddler-friendly recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer. This can be helpful for busy parents who want to have healthy, homemade meals ready to go. Just be sure to reheat thoroughly before serving.

Are there any tips for getting my picky toddler to eat these recipes?

Picky eating is common among toddlers, but there are a few tricks you can try. Involve your child in meal planning and preparation, and let them choose their own toppings or mix-ins. Serve meals in fun shapes or with colorful utensils. And don't be discouraged if your child doesn't like a recipe at first - it can take multiple exposures for them to develop a taste for certain foods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• acrylicjen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
acrylicjen
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Stampaholic1961