• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Did I Get My Kids to Eat Vegetables with This Juicy Chicken Roast?

:)I forgot about not being able to do the micro cakes. Hmmm...maybe I will have to start researching something larger.....that or run next door to my neighbors :) My problem is the little microwave fits perfectly on the counter between the fridge and stove. :(Just don't get an inversion microwave. That's what mine is and none of my microcakes turn out.You can buy a chicken in the butcher section of the grocery store. It's cheaper than
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I got a 3.5lb chicken and followed the directions on CC adding the carrots, celery & onion (I think the recipe said carrots & potato...but, whatever...) and did it with the lid off.
Nevermind the fact that my house smelled AMAZING...but it tasted DELICIOUS and it was moist & juicy...and get this...

MY KIDS GOBBLED IT UP!!!!!!!!!
(my kids eat nothing but mac & cheese, PB&J and chicken nuggets)

It was SO good!!!!

dannyzmom said:
I got a 3.5lb chicken and followed the directions on CC adding the carrots, celery & onion (I think the recipe said carrots & potato...but, whatever...) and did it with the lid off.
Nevermind the fact that my house smelled AMAZING...but it tasted DELICIOUS and it was moist & juicy...and get this...

It was SO good!!!!

GREAT!!!
But how did the skin look, mine looked kind of pale....:)

Ginger428 said:
GREAT!!!
But how did the skin look, mine looked kind of pale....:)

I slathered mine with oil & then with the flour/paprika/thyme/salt/pepper mixture (I was heavy-handed on the paprika) so it looked slightly paler than a roasted chicken but not creepy-pale. And the skin actually tasted pretty good!

Last edited:
KEWL!!! Great...sounds good to me....Thanks

I made it last night and it was SO GOOD!! My hubby told me that it's probably not worth making it at home because Publix has them so cheap. I of course disagreed but Publix injects theirs with seasoning. :)

PampMomof3 said:
I made it last night and it was SO GOOD!! My hubby told me that it's probably not worth making it at home because Publix has them so cheap. I of course disagreed but Publix injects theirs with seasoning. :)

I AM DYING to make the Bachelors Roast.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ginger428 said:

It sounds really weird. Please let us know how it turns out!!!!

Ginger428 said:

What is the bachelor's roast?

It's on Joyce's Fine Cooking site.

You leave the lid of the baker off? Can I just make it in another piece of stoneware then??

I made prime rib roast in mine for xmas and it was the best ever.

gilliandanielle said:
You leave the lid of the baker off? Can I just make it in another piece of stoneware then??

Yep - you can use a Deep Dish Pie Plate or the Deep Dish Baker. Tomorrow I am going to try it with the lid on.

I did it with the lid on and it was very good.:D

I did a 30 min chicken only because of the lack of time for the usualy 2 hour version and it came out soo good that my mom wants her own baker now!

I can't wait to make this. Unfortunately I don't have my thermometer yet...do you think it would be ok to not check it?

I'm mad! I only have a little tiny "$40-get-it-at-walmart" microwave. :mad: My baker won't fit in it.

If I buy a larger microwave, do you think I can write it off as a business expense?? :D

GeorgiaPeach said:
I'm mad! I only have a little tiny "$40-get-it-at-walmart" microwave. :mad: My baker won't fit in it.

If I buy a larger microwave, do you think I can write it off as a business expense?? :D

I'm in the same boat! Too small a microwave. I"ve been wanting to get a bigger one to do the micro cakes too; and now this awesome recipe! I'm thinking business expense.....:)

lacychef said:
I'm in the same boat! Too small a microwave. I"ve been wanting to get a bigger one to do the micro cakes too; and now this awesome recipe! I'm thinking business expense.....:)

I forgot about not being able to do the micro cakes. Hmmm...maybe I will have to start researching something larger.....that or run next door to my neighbors :) My problem is the little microwave fits perfectly on the counter between the fridge and stove. :(

Just don't get an inversion microwave. That's what mine is and none of my microcakes turn out.

I, too, made the chicken in the baker for the first time this week. I'm TOTALLY addicted!!! My kids, husband, and mother are all addicted, too! :D I told them that I'm going out and buying a couple of more chickens and I'm going to try a couple of other spice blends (PC rosemary with a chicken and red potatoes, bbq seasoning on another one, etc). I've made roasts in the DCB with the lid on in the microwave, too, and the turned out beautifully.

I made it last night and it was awesome!!! Yummy!!!:)

I have made the chicken once, but I left the lid on. Actually, I thought that was the whole point of the 2 pieces together. It was delicious!! My family loved it.

dannyzmom said:
Yep - you can use a Deep Dish Pie Plate or the Deep Dish Baker. Tomorrow I am going to try it with the lid on.

Ok...really. Heather...my best friend who is hosting the show is like..no way would I EVER cook a chicken in the MICROWAVE....lol We just got the deep dish pie plate.....so I soo want to do this. I have this in the keys. Tell me the details how to do this to PROVE HER WRONG...LOL:D

jentapp said:
My kids, husband, and mother are all addicted, too! :D I told them that I'm going out and buying a couple of more chickens and I'm going to try a couple of other spice blends (PC rosemary with a chicken and red potatoes, bbq seasoning on another one, etc).

Purdue Roasters are buy 1, get 1 at Jewel right now. :)

Where on CC did you find the 30min recipe?:confused:

At my last Cluster meeting...we made the Chicken Ceasar Salad Pizza and it was awesome!!! I'm offering that recipe for my February shows!

I found it and WOW. It looks like a MUST for february shows.:)

really with with deep dish pie plate. I just got this this weekend...and I have it here in the keys...so I would love to blow people away with it. Is it really good?

dannyzmom said:

It was SO good!!!!

So did you bake it or microwave it? My director said something about microwaving the 30 minute chicken?

PampMomof3 said:
I did it with the lid on and it was very good.:D

Did it take any longer with the lid on than it would have without?
My original plan was to do the lid on but then I ran out of time because I had to get to a PTA meeting so I couldn't risk it taking any longer.

tashayoung said:
I can't wait to make this. Unfortunately I don't have my thermometer yet...do you think it would be ok to not check it?

I couldn't find my thermometer (haven't finished organizing the kitchen yet - LOL) so I just cut into the thickest part of the breat and thigh to make sure it was cooked through.

Jilleysue said:
Ok...really. Heather...my best friend who is hosting the show is like..no way would I EVER cook a chicken in the MICROWAVE....lol We just got the deep dish pie plate.....so I soo want to do this. I have this in the keys. Tell me the details how to do this to PROVE HER WRONG...LOL:D

Remove the guts
Rinse it with water
Pat it dry with paper towels
slather it with olive oil
Make a mix of 1T flour, 1/4t Thyme, 1t salt & pepper, press several cloves of garlic on it & rub around (& inside) then sprinkle the spices over and rub them in all over (& inside)
toss some onions, celery & carrots around it
Put it in the stone & microwave it on high for 30 minutes...oh wait -- the whole recipe and various versions are on Consultant's Corner under "Amazing 30 minute chicken recipe" on the home page. Can you access CC from the Keys? The give a much better detailed recipe than what I am typing - LOL

Jilleysue said:
really with with deep dish pie plate. I just got this this weekend...and I have it here in the keys...so I would love to blow people away with it. Is it really good?

Even Evan the food snob was impressed!!

SillyChef said:
So did you bake it or microwave it? My director said something about microwaving the 30 minute chicken?

Yep I did!

We did the chicken last night and it was so yummy! I love how quick it was to do..prep time was very short so that makes it wonderful for me....

I was wondering if you would do this with a Lg party of 12-15 if it would be enough to serve, If you added Potatos and Carrots to it?? Would it be a good show demo?

Chef Stacy Edwards said:
I was wondering if you would do this with a Lg party of 12-15 if it would be enough to serve, If you added Potatos and Carrots to it?? Would it be a good show demo?

I think if you prepared a side dish to serve with it (as well as tossing in the carrots & potatoes) it woudl do well.
I made a 4.5pounder Sunday night for my parents and us -- DH made masehd potatoes and broccoli to serve as well and it was perfect!
So maybe if you had the hostess make something on the side --- or you could make the chicken and then use the chicken to make the Harvest Chicken Salad!

You can have them skip the veggies for the chicken & while it nukes prepare a salad and a baguette of warm bread.
I try to remind hosts we are not serving their guests a meal only SAMPLES to keep her cost down and to secure bookings. sometimes the added cost of ingred. is more than some hosts have in their budgets. (I absorb the postage cost)
Teresa

Teresa Lynn said:
You can have them skip the veggies for the chicken & while it nukes prepare a salad and a baguette of warm bread.
I try to remind hosts we are not serving their guests a meal only SAMPLES to keep her cost down and to secure bookings. sometimes the added cost of ingred. is more than some hosts have in their budgets. (I absorb the postage cost)
Teresa
That's a very important point. I've had hosts who thought I was there to cater dinner for them and 10 of their closest friends. And one who told me there would be 20 people there, could I double the Clubhouse Chicken Squares and make a dessert, too? Turns out, about 12 of those 20 people were children and spouses who were only there to eat.

I haven't tried the 30-minute chicken yet myself, but it sounds like it would make a good demo as a salad or dip (or Clubhouse Chicken Squares!) ingredient.

I made this last night in the deep dish baker..not the deep covered baker and it came out sooo moist and yummy. My BF is away..so i picked at the whole thing myself...well me and the pups....MMMMMMM. Yummmy!!!

jentapp said:
Just don't get an inversion microwave. That's what mine is and none of my microcakes turn out.

I, too, made the chicken in the baker for the first time this week. I'm TOTALLY addicted!!! My kids, husband, and mother are all addicted, too! :D I told them that I'm going out and buying a couple of more chickens and I'm going to try a couple of other spice blends (PC rosemary with a chicken and red potatoes, bbq seasoning on another one, etc). I've made roasts in the DCB with the lid on in the microwave, too, and the turned out beautifully.

I would love more info about the roasts. What size, type and how long? Basically everything you did lol. Also did the roast brown?

If you want to use the deep covered baker for a Feb show and NOT do a meat....try the peach cobbler. Recipes are in the "Files" section, a 2 page document that has a TON of great recipes. Very easy and VERY good. I made it for dessert tonight and have already had TWO servings!! :eek:

It would be a great "side" recipe for a show...something to have baking when they arrive (it took mine 40 minutes to bake). I would demo something else to show more products. The cobbler smells SO good while baking they will be drooling by the end of your demo!

(As I was typing this my husband came in and gave me a kiss :D and said, "That cobbler is delicious!" Yep, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach! :) )

dollfangs said:
I would love more info about the roasts. What size, type and how long? Basically everything you did lol. Also did the roast brown?
The roast is an oven recipe, not microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Yakmama
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • janetupnorth
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • dannyzmom