• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I make Smothered Chicken with Garlic?

In summary, someone mentioned this recipe the other day. Sharon made it last night and it was amazing! She recommends serving it with Brussel sprouts and cheesy polenta. The recipe is on consultant's corner under recipe-search.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Someone mentioned this recipe the other day. I made it last night for dinner and let me tell you...not only is is EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASY but it is so amazingly delisious!!!!!
We served it with Brussel Sprouts and Cheesy Polenta. My kids even gobbled it up!!
I went heavy on the rosemary and I roasted the chicken breast-down so that it would be super moist and WOW WOW WOW WOW it was scrumptious!

I can't wait to make it again!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :love: :love: :love:

BRUSSELL SPROUTS?????? :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Where would I find this great recipe?

Thanks,
Sharon

chefkristin said:
BRUSSELL SPROUTS?????? :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

We LOVE brussel sprouts!:love: :love: :love:

Is this the one?ngredients:
3 tbsp (45 mL) fresh rosemary or 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried rosemary, divided
1/2 tsp (2 mL) paprika
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper

1 whole chicken (about 4 lb/1.8 kg)
1 lemon, cut into quarters
1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
2 heads garlic, peeled (about 40 cloves)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly spray Deep Covered Baker with oil. Combine half of the rosemary with paprika, salt and black pepper in small bowl; set aside. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken cavity. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Trim excess fat, if necessary. Place lemon quarters and remaining rosemary inside cavity of chicken. Tie ends of legs together with cotton string. Lift wing tips up toward neck, then tuck under back of chicken. Place chicken breast side up into baker.
2. Brush outside of chicken with oil; coat completely with seasoning mixture. Arrange garlic around chicken. Bake, covered, 60 minutes. Carefully remove lid and continue roasting 25-35 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 180°F (82°C) in thickest part of thigh and juices run clear. Remove chicken from baker; let stand 10 minutes before carving. Remove garlic from drippings; serve with chicken.
Yield: 4-6 servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 600, Total Fat 35 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 180 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 58 g, Sodium 470 mg, Fiber 1 g

sperez said:
Where would I find this great recipe?

Thanks,
Sharon

It's on consultant's corner under reacipe-search. It is on the Use & Care Card with the DCB

sperez said:
Is this the one?

ngredients:
3 tbsp (45 mL) fresh rosemary or 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried rosemary, divided
1/2 tsp (2 mL) paprika
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper

1 whole chicken (about 4 lb/1.8 kg)
1 lemon, cut into quarters
1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
2 heads garlic, peeled (about 40 cloves)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly spray Deep Covered Baker with oil. Combine half of the rosemary with paprika, salt and black pepper in small bowl; set aside. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken cavity. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Trim excess fat, if necessary. Place lemon quarters and remaining rosemary inside cavity of chicken. Tie ends of legs together with cotton string. Lift wing tips up toward neck, then tuck under back of chicken. Place chicken breast side up into baker.
2. Brush outside of chicken with oil; coat completely with seasoning mixture. Arrange garlic around chicken. Bake, covered, 60 minutes. Carefully remove lid and continue roasting 25-35 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 180°F (82°C) in thickest part of thigh and juices run clear. Remove chicken from baker; let stand 10 minutes before carving. Remove garlic from drippings; serve with chicken.
Yield: 4-6 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 600, Total Fat 35 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 180 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 58 g, Sodium 470 mg, Fiber 1 g

Yep - that's it. It is SO freakin' good!!!

Mu hubby won't let me mention brussel sprouts...I think his mom (more than likely his dad) made him eat them as a kid. I do love them though!

pamperedlinda said:
we do too!

How do you make yours?
I usuall cut them in half, steam them briefly and then saute them in butter til they get a little brown & caramelized on the flat side. Last night DH did that but also added some seasoned bread crumbs. They were terrific!

dannyzmom said:
How do you make yours?
I usuall cut them in half, steam them briefly and then saute them in butter til they get a little brown & caramelized on the flat side. Last night DH did that but also added some seasoned bread crumbs. They were terrific!
Oh, that sounds really good. I'm boring, I just steam them (in the large micro-cooker of course!) I only like fresh brussel sprouts though, can't stand the frozen ones. I'm pretty much a purist when it comes to my veggies, I like them fairly plain.

dannyzmom said:
How do you make yours?
:love: :love: They are a huge hit with my family too! We only steam them but you can bet I will definitely be trying your way! Yumm-o!:love: :love:

We all loved this recipe too. I only used half the garlic.
The chicken was like butter! Yummy!

heatherkiss said:
We all loved this recipe too. I only used half the garlic.
The chicken was like butter! Yummy!

I did all 40 cloves and it was amazing. We served the roasted garlic cloves alongside with the chicken and stuff and it was all amazing!

dannyzmom said:
How do you make yours?

MMM I can't wait to try this we always just steam ours. I do love them though.

Do you have a quick way to peel 40 cloves of garlic????????

I am assuming that with all this garlic you should stay in for at least 2 days! LOL!!!

I think I will try this and go the asparagus route instead of the brussell sprouts.

quiverfull7 said:
Do you have a quick way to peel 40 cloves of garlic????????

Yeah - I bought the jar of already peel garlic cloves -- shhhhh don't tell any of my customers - LOL

That recipe sounds great - I'll have to try it!

chefkristin said:
I am assuming that with all this garlic you should stay in for at least 2 days! LOL!!!

I think I will try this and go the asparagus route instead of the brussell sprouts.

I love asparagus!!!
And yeah -- you didn't wanna light a match anywhere near us the other night - LOLOLOLOL

What ingredients do I need to make Smothered Chicken with Garlic?

To make Smothered Chicken with Garlic, you will need chicken breasts, olive oil, garlic, onions, chicken broth, herbs and seasonings, and butter.

Can I use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?

Yes, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts for this recipe. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Do I need to marinate the chicken before cooking?

No, marinating the chicken is not necessary for this recipe. However, you can marinate it for a few hours if you prefer for more flavor.

Can I make this dish in advance and reheat it?

Yes, you can make this dish in advance and reheat it. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat it in the oven or microwave.

What sides would pair well with Smothered Chicken with Garlic?

This dish pairs well with a variety of sides such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a salad. You can also serve it over rice or pasta for a complete meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
Replies
Views
ngrawer
Replies
Views
chefann