• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I avoid the garlic hassle in my White Chicken Chilli recipe?

In summary, garlic can be a challenge to remove from your hands after cooking. Pre-cooking the garlic may make it easier to remove.
Jenni
I made it over the weekend .... it was so good. BUT I hated the garlic part! Is there a graceful way to do this? I also think for this one ya need gloves, garlic will just stay on your hands. I didn't have gloves so I stuck my hands in ziplock bags :rolleyes: Any tips to get the garlic out better or easier??? I would love to make it at a show but I must tackle this garlic problem...

I let the garlic cool for about 5-7 minutes and use a fork to spear each clove, works great!

I agree this recipe rocks! I've made it 3 times already, but all on the stove top, since I had to thaw and brown the chicken anyways!

it isn't garlicky and won't stay on your hands like uncooked

I felt like it needed to cook longer than what it called for. Once cooled, I could push out the entire (whole) clove, instead of it just "mushing" out like it would if it had been oven roasted for a long time.

I agree with Teresa, though....you don't get that "garlicy" smell on your fingers since it is cooked and VERY MELLOW in flavor at that point.

If I were doing this at a show, though, I would certainly precook the garlic so it had plenty of time to cool.

KellyTheChef said:
I felt like it needed to cook longer than what it called for. Once cooled, I could push out the entire (whole) clove, instead of it just "mushing" out like it would if it had been oven roasted for a long time.

I agree with Teresa, though....you don't get that "garlicy" smell on your fingers since it is cooked and VERY MELLOW in flavor at that point.

If I were doing this at a show, though, I would certainly precook the garlic so it had plenty of time to cool.

Thanks for the pre-cooking tip... makes since those puppies were hot!

I would definately feel how soft the cloves are after the inital cooking time. I felt they needed to go back in for at least another 2-3 minutes. Then, they were super easy to squeeze out. I just went for it with my hands...figured they'd get nice and soft from the olive oil!
I'm making it for a show tomorrow and it is something that I will do as soon as I get to the Host's house so it has time to cool.

You can also rub your hands on stainless steel, this takes the smell of garlic and onions off your hands. I have a SS thingy called "clean a way" you can get them at kitchen stores and I keep it with my soap by my sink.

I made this last night. It was great but I would not do all that garlic mess at a show. I didn't test my garlic right out of the microwave. By the time it cooled and I started to push it out I realize I should have cooked it longer. Now I know for next time!

I buy pre-peeled garlic and roast it that way. You need to keep the cover on the bowl for the proper steaming, and allow the lid to stay on for 5-10 minutes or so before mashing, but his works for me. The recipe says 48 cloves, but if the cloves are large, it is more like 30. It is important if you are steaming in the microwave to leave covered when cooling so it will continue to cook.

1. How do I make white chicken chili in the Pampered Chef Quick Cooker?

To make white chicken chili in the Quick Cooker, start by sautéing onions and garlic in the cooker on the "Sauté" setting. Then, add diced chicken and cook until browned. Next, add in chicken broth, white beans, green chilies, and any other desired ingredients. Close the lid and set the cooker to "Pressure Cook" for 15 minutes. Once done, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes before opening the lid and serving.

2. Can I use frozen chicken in my white chicken chili?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken in your white chicken chili. Simply add a few extra minutes to the cooking time in the Quick Cooker, or defrost the chicken before cooking if using a stovetop method.

3. What are some suggested toppings for white chicken chili?

Some popular toppings for white chicken chili include shredded cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, diced tomatoes, and sliced green onions. You can also get creative and add crumbled tortilla chips, a squeeze of lime juice, or a sprinkle of cilantro.

4. Can I make white chicken chili vegetarian?

Yes, you can make a vegetarian version of white chicken chili by omitting the chicken and using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. You can also add in extra vegetables like diced bell peppers, corn, or zucchini for added flavor and texture.

5. How do I thicken my white chicken chili?

To thicken your white chicken chili, you can add a slurry of cornstarch and water to the mixture and let it simmer for a few minutes until it thickens. You can also puree some of the beans or veggies in the chili to create a thicker consistency. Another option is to let the chili cook for a bit longer without the lid to allow some of the liquid to evaporate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • Kristin B
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies