• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dchef - Here's the Tomato Basil Square Recipe

The Deluxe Cheese Grater. I then grate Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, and fresh basil into a small bowl. I use a V-shaped blade to slice the tomatoes and arrange them over the dough. I use a Medium Scoop to evenly distribute the cheese mixture over the tomatoes. I bake the squares for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Once the squares are done, I cut them into squares and serve them warm.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi,
Just wanted to post recipe for you. I used to make this all the time,YUM, how ironic, I just suggested this to a hostess today.

Tomato Basil Squares The Pampered Chef
All the Best Cookbook

1 pkg. (10 oz.) Refrigerated Pizza Dough (I prefer French Bread)
2 Cups (8 oz.) Shredded Mozzerella Cheese, softened
¼ Cup (1 oz.) Parmesan Cheese
2/3 Cup Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
2 TBLS. Snipped Fresh Basil Leaves 1 garlic clove, pressed 4 Plum tomatoes, sliced

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using lightly floured Baker’s Roller, roll pizza crust to within 1” of edge of Rectangle Stone. Sprinkle crust with 1 cup of mozzerella cheese. Set aside.

Using Deluxe Cheese Grater, grate Parmesan Cheese into Small Batter Bowl. Add remaining mozzerella cheese, mayonnaise, basil and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well.

Using Ultimate Slice and Grate fitted with V-shaped blade, slice tomatoes; arrange evenly over over crust. Using Medium Scoop, scoop cheese mixture evenly over tomatoes; spread evenly. Bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cut into squares; serve warm.

Yield: 20 servings

Nutrients per serving (1 square): Calories 130, Total Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg. Carbohydrate 8 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 210 mg, Fiber 0 g.
Diabetic Exchanges per serving (1 square): ½ starch, ½ meat, 1 fat (½ carb)

Here's also tips I got from Marilyn (??), sorry didn't have last name saved.

First, I use Refrigerated French Bread Dough instead of pizza dough (It has less fat and gets more crispy). And I use 2 teaspoons of dried basil rather than fresh basil because I think its easier and easy sells!

Talk about stones – how they draw moisture away from food to make it crispier, how the stone stays the same temperature as the air in the oven so that muffins, cookies or whatever you are making will be the same color on the top, sides and bottom. No more ‘picture frame’ brownies, no more lasagna that is dried on the corners and soggy in the middle, how you can make an Apple Crisp in the microwave that guests will SWEAR came from the oven. Be SURE to mention that all of our stones can go in the microwave – I’ve met lots of guests who’ve been baking with stones for some time who don’t know this! The reason? Our stones are made in the US and have no lead in them. This is an important difference between our stones and those available at their local discount store.

When you use the flour/sugar shaker to sprinkle the dough with flour, mention how they will need at least three of these, one for flour, one for powdered sugar, and one for cinnamon-sugar. But that I have 5, one for the ones mentioned, and also maybe one more for cornmeal and one more to keep under the sink to hold baking soda – it’s the only cleanser they’ll need to clean our stones! There IS one other tool that will make that task easier, though – an Easy Clean Kitchen Brush - I just talk about how you can run the water super hot to clean the stone because with the long handle you won’t have to get your hands in the water.

o.k. – the dough is rolled out (mention the pie tool in the bakers roller and how they can make a picture perfect pie crust with it). Now I use my kitchen shears to open the cellophane on the Mozzarella cheese (talk about how easy they make opening toys when it is WIRED into the packaging. Pull out the Ultimate Slice ‘n Grate. I talk about how much time this tool saves and how thanks to it my scalloped potatoes now start in the produce section, not the boxed veggies section of the store! And what fast work it makes of FROM SCRATCH hash browns!

I hold it up to show guests how each 'position' is marked so you can get the blades back in the right slots and that with all blades in place, they put the USG blade side down in an upper rack of the dishwasher and wash the whole thing at the same time. They love that! I proceed to grate the cheese with the grater blade down to the last small chunk, explaining that the grating blade is the only one where it is safe NOT to use the food guard. And how it’s called a food guard but I think of it as a FINGER guard!

When just that little chunk is left I pick up the Deluxe Cheese Grater and ask who in the group has it. There are always a few who do. Then I ask if anyone has ever had a problem with the cheese sticking in the grater. Again there are always a few, often ALL of them if this is a group who hasn’t been to a show. I tell them, “Well guys, if all you get from this show is this tip, I think you will leave thinking coming was a good investment of your time. Here is the tip: The softer the cheese, the lighter the squeeze.” I show them what I am referring to and grate the mozzarella cheese. While I’m doing that I tell them if they ever still have a problem with it to pop the cheese into the microwave for 10 seconds – that always fixes the problem.

At this point I stop and sprinkle ½ the cheese over the dough, then I proceed to change barrels in the grater (showing them exactly HOW this is done!) I tell them that for this recipe they could actually grate the Parmesan cheese with the larger barrel since it will be melting anyway but I wanted to be sure they knew how to disassemble the grater. Save some and show them the Microplane Grater and how wonderful it does with the Parm Cheese

Next I measure the mayo in the Measure-All Cup and demo it, then talk about the scraper family when I use it to scrap the mayo off the end of the cup. I talk about the value of using fresh garlic as opposed to the fake stuff in the jar as I press the garlic into the bowl. I measure the basil with the Adjustable Measuring Spoons, mentioning that I haven’t lost a measuring spoon since getting my first set 5 years ago. I mix this mixture up with the scraper then put it aside.

Now I pull the USG back out to use with the tomatoes. I talk about the cutting boards and self sharpening knives as I cut each tomato in half. An aside – I take the small bowl of the colander and bowl set to hold the washed tomatoes – sometimes I talk about that product and sometimes not depending on how we are doing on time.

Next I ‘sell’ the value of buying from Pampered Chef as opposed to their local kitchen store when I am 'setting' the tomato halves on the prongs. I show how you use your thumb to hold the top part of the holder firm so the prongs stay out and tell how I had trouble with it at first because I didn't know to do that and my consultant walked me through it (and how if they have problems with ANY product they purchase I’ll be there to do the same for them! I tell them to ALWAYS use the food guard except for the grating blade - that one won't cut you which is why it’s stored in the open spot.

By now the tomatoes are sliced and I hold up the cutting board to show them how evenly sliced they are. While I spread them over the pizza I talk about the benefits of having a show (I’ve also done that during my opening) and starting a PC business. Next the cheese mixture is scooped over the tomatoes and spread out – again you have ‘talking’ time. One thing I often say is that we have three sizes of scoop – cross sell those.

When they are in the oven I set the clock timer and talk about it. And when I take them out I talk about the Oven Mitts and the stackable cooling rack then the pizza cutter (its beveled on both sides so it work for lefties and also cuts better – can be used literally as a round knife, not just for pizza.)

Gee, just noticed that my tips are a little old, older products and such,

Lisa

this recipe is SOOO Yummy!

What ingredients do I need for the Tomato Basil Square recipe?

The ingredients for the Tomato Basil Square recipe are 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of black pepper, 1/2 cup of cold butter, 2 tbsp of cold water, 3 large tomatoes, 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil, 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, and 1/4 cup of olive oil.

Do I need any special tools or equipment to make this recipe?

No, you do not need any special tools or equipment. However, using a Pampered Chef stoneware pan will help ensure even baking and browning of the square.

How do I assemble the Tomato Basil Square?

To assemble the Tomato Basil Square, first preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, in a bowl, mix together the flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper. Cut in the cold butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add in the cold water and mix until a dough forms. Press the dough into a Pampered Chef square stoneware pan. In a separate bowl, mix together the chopped tomatoes, basil, parsley, and garlic. Spread this mixture over the dough. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.

Can I make any substitutions in this recipe?

Yes, you can make some substitutions in this recipe. You can use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour, and you can use a different type of cheese, such as feta or goat cheese, instead of Parmesan and mozzarella. You can also add other toppings, such as sliced olives or diced bell peppers.

How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 12 servings, so it is perfect for a party or a potluck. If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • magentablue
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
mahlon007
Replies