• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Three Cheese Garden Pizza Recipe

In summary, the host was not happy with the recipe and the cheese was a huge problem. The mozzarella, like always, was a huge problem. The host is having another show with me this week and I hope to improve on the cheese situation. I usually have my hosts buy the cheese already grated to speed up the process, but I also leave it in the fridge until time to grate it.
magentablue
My last show was a DISASTER with this recipe.

Host didn't bother to buy tomatoes, because she had (very mushy!) tomatoes from her garden.

The mozzerella cheese, like always, was a huge problem. It's always so frozen we can't grate it, or so mushy that it makes "milk" all over my mandolin. Is there another cheese that people substitute for the mozzerella? I was thinking of using just the cheddar and parmesan?

After making milk and tomato sauce, I certainly didn't sell any mandolins!

This host is having another show with me this week. I really made the best of the situations last time... and she wants to do the same recipe again. I really don't want to shame my mandolin like that again. Asking for firmer tomatoes is obvious, but, what should I say about the cheese?

Thanks!

Buy it already grated.

She was happy with the recipe, or it wouldn't be requested again. :)

I usually have my hosts buy the cheese already grated to speed up the process too.

Or I let the guests try the rotary grater or the Microplane Adjustable Grater. I do slicing on the mandoline, but I'm not a huge fan of grating cheese on it, mostly because I like the finer shavings of cheese. ;) Oh, I leave it in the fridge until time to grate it, and zero freezer time. I like the MAG the best for cheese!

If the tomatoes are too squishy, you can use the Forged Cutlery on them. Then you still show the Mandoline by doing the zucchini. I usually use preshredded cheese because frankly that's what most people buy (and by me it's the same price as the block.) Block cheese does melt nicer though. I take off the food holder and just grate the block right on the mandoline using my hand. Just go slow as you get to the end so you don't grate your fingers! ;) Just keep the cheese in the fridge until it's time to grate it.I LOVE the Microplane Adj. Grater for the Parmesan cheese, so you get to show that off as well.The idea is to show the different tools we have so others can see which suits their style.Try practicing grating the block of mozzarella at home one time without the food holder and see if you like that better. Hope you feel more comfortable with things this time around. You must have done fine with it before since she's requesting it again. Try not to be too hard on yourself. With all those yummy ingredients, you can't go too wrong! :D

I hate the mandolin for cheese. I really wish PC would come out with a box grater. I tell the hosts to buy cheese already grated. I don't use the mandolin with the tomatoes, either, because I've never ever had it work great for them. I DO, however, love my mandolin for firm veggies like cucumbers, zucchini, and potatoes. Show off our cutlery when slicing the tomatoes. Talk about the lifetime warranty, forged german steel, and how well they are balanced. Let people try them out!

I'd use the rotary grater. I've never had a problem with any kind of cheese I've tried to grate with it! It does great with Parmesan, too, although you may want to stick with the Microplane just to show the tool.

With the mozzarella and milk, is it "fresh" mozzarella? This could be a problem and it certainly would not grate. What I do with the cheese is not freeze it, but microwave it for a few seconds. A fabulous consultant taught us this years ago. You just want to microwave it for a couple seconds until the oils start to come out of the cheese. The oils will lubricate the mandoline (or rotary grater) so it will not stick. You do not want it too soft that it is melted. I do grate it without the food holder. I also grate most of the cheese before the guests show up. You could grate all of the mozzarella and half of the cheddar. This will make the grating part quicker in the demo. Make sure she is buying the ball of mozzarella, not fresh and not brick. The microwaving works for the cheddar as well.

With the tomatoes, I stopped using the mandoline on them. Instead, I take the time to really showcase our Forged Cutlery. What better way to try a knife, but on a tomato? Instead I slice the mushrooms on the mandoline.

When I send the ingredient list to the host, I write specifically what to get, even down to the brand names of some products. I also say, "please do not make any substitutions, if you have any questions about the ingredients, please let me know". It has really helped me with insuring that the ingredients are correct.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!And yes, it did taste great... and I am being more hard on myself than I should be. Despite all the problems, the show was fun, which is really what matters. I certainly didn't sell any mandolins though! Maybe next time!Host didn't eat any of the pizza, lol. Don't know how she would have liked it. Thanks again for your helpful advice, everyone. If anyone else has tips I welcome them too!

I love that recipe but I only do the chedder in the rotary and the parm in the microplane and do the mozz already shredded, to save time. I use cutlery or the color coated tomato knife for the tomatoes and use the mandoline for the zucchini and onions. I do the shows interactive so I talk about both items and then ask two guests to do it at the same time. I don't tell people that I don't like tomatoes in the UM, I just tell them I wanted to show mroe products and save time :)

I agree with Wendy that the problem with the cheese might be if it's fresh. Maybe try the block mozzarella (from Kraft or whatever), since it holds up a lot better on the mandoline. Or if you wanted to just not mess with the mandoline at all you could use the pregrated stuff, cut the tomato with a tomato knife, and slice the mushrooms on the Egg Slicer. Good luck with the next time!

Wow, this is great information. I'm a new consultant and had a terrible (embarrassing) time with the cheese using the UM also. Next time we are only using the shredding kind. Thanks for all the tips.

What are the ingredients needed for the Three Cheese Garden Pizza Recipe?

The Three Cheese Garden Pizza Recipe calls for pizza dough, olive oil, garlic, shredded mozzarella cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, fresh basil leaves, cherry tomatoes, and fresh spinach.

Can I use a pre-made pizza crust for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a pre-made pizza crust for this recipe to save time. However, using fresh pizza dough will result in a tastier and crispier crust.

Can I substitute the three cheeses for other types of cheese?

Yes, you can substitute the three cheeses for your preferred types of cheese. However, using a combination of mozzarella, Parmesan, and ricotta will give the pizza a perfect balance of flavors.

How long does it take to cook the Three Cheese Garden Pizza?

The Three Cheese Garden Pizza takes approximately 20-25 minutes to cook in a preheated oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. However, the cooking time may vary depending on your oven and the thickness of the crust.

Can I add other toppings to the Three Cheese Garden Pizza?

Yes, you can add other toppings such as bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, or any other vegetables of your choice to the Three Cheese Garden Pizza. Just make sure to pre-cook them before adding them to the pizza.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
smilesarepriceless
  • dancedivine