• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What can I substitute for Southwestern Seasoning Mix in my recipes?

In summary, the Pampered Chef Southwestern Seasoning Mix is a blend of chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, salt, and black pepper. It can be used as a rub for meats, added to soups or stews, mixed with oil for a marinade, or sprinkled on vegetables and rice dishes. The level of spiciness can be adjusted to personal preference. It is also gluten-free and has a shelf life of 2 years when stored properly. Once opened, it is recommended to use within 1 year for best flavor.
cookin to the top
Gold Member
What can I use as a substitute for the SSMix, until my order gets here? (We're CRAVING the white chicken chilli....it's been so cold and rainy, it's the perfect comfort food!)

And off topic, what are your favorite cold weather recipes?

I don't think you can beat vegetable soup and a grilled cheese sandwich on a cold day. Lasagna's always good, too.Wish I could help you on the SWS mix substitute. Maybe taco seasoning?

I don't think you can beat vegetable soup and a grilled cheese sandwich on a cold day. Lasagna's always good, too.

Wish I could help you on the SWS mix substitute. Maybe taco seasoning?

You can use taco seasoning.

I've actually used the Jamaican and it is very similar, just a hair bit different.

And yesterday I made Taco Soup and Vegetable Beef Soup!! It's very cold and yucky here too!

I used the Jamaican Jerk rub in my crockpot of beef stew (with potatoes, carrots and onions) yesterday. It was wonderful.Yes, taco seasoning subs for the southwest seasoning (they even mention it in the 29 minute dinner cookbook.

Just omit any salt from the recipe if you use the taco seasoning.

Thanks for the tips! Now that it's cold, it seems like all I do is cook and eat! Warm and spicy foods are calling my whole family: tortilla soup, chilli, green chilli tamales, etc... (And we're not hispanic! LOL)

I'd use chipotle rub in place of the SWS Mix. Just don't add as much!

Some of my favorite cold weather meals -

Smashed Potato Soup
Vegetable Barley Beef Soup (making that right now in fact!)
Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Chili and Cornbread

Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Lasagna
Chicken & Dumplings
Beef Stew

1. What ingredients are in the Southwestern Seasoning Mix?

The Pampered Chef Southwestern Seasoning Mix is made with a blend of chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, salt, and black pepper.

2. How do I use the Southwestern Seasoning Mix in my cooking?

The Southwestern Seasoning Mix can be used as a rub for meats, added to soups or stews for extra flavor, or mixed with oil to create a marinade. It can also be sprinkled on vegetables or added to rice and beans for a delicious Southwestern twist.

3. Is the Southwestern Seasoning Mix spicy?

The level of spiciness in the Southwestern Seasoning Mix can vary depending on personal taste and the amount used. It has a mild to medium heat level, but can be adjusted by adding more or less to your dish.

4. Is the Southwestern Seasoning Mix gluten-free?

Yes, the Southwestern Seasoning Mix is gluten-free. It does not contain any wheat or gluten-containing ingredients.

5. How long does the Southwestern Seasoning Mix last?

The Southwestern Seasoning Mix has a shelf life of about 2 years if stored in a cool, dry place. Once opened, it is recommended to use within 1 year for optimal flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AZPampered Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefruthie
  • agw
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
agw
  • katethegreat