• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Substitute for Dill Mix? Try These Seasoning Alternatives!

In summary, if you don't have dill mix on hand, you can substitute with a combination of dried dill weed, garlic powder, and onion powder. You can also use fresh dill or substitute with dried thyme, dried tarragon, dried parsley, or dried chives. For a low-sodium option, you can make your own dill mix with dried dill weed, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt-free lemon pepper seasoning. Use 1 teaspoon of each for every 1 tablespoon of dill mix called for in the recipe.
katethegreat
So this was probably a bit stupid, but I offered to do the brunch ring from the All the Best book without checking the ingredients. Now I realize I don't have the dill mix and don't have time to order any before the show. I've never tried the dill, so I'm not sure what to substitute. Just plain dill weed? Or should I go with a different seasoning mix?

Use Italian. That will be good. I'm not a huge dill fan and I usually sub Italian for it in PC recipes.

I'd just use regular Dill you'd get at the grocery store.

Thanks ladies!

Hi there! Don't worry, we've all been in a rush and overlooked ingredients before. For the brunch ring, you can definitely substitute plain dill weed for the dill mix. It may not have the exact same flavor, but it will still add a nice touch of dill to the dish. If you want to get creative, you can also try using a different seasoning mix that you have on hand, such as Italian seasoning or Herbes de Provence. Just make sure to adjust the amount to your taste. Hope this helps and good luck with your show!

1. What can I use in place of dill mix?

If you don't have dill mix on hand, you can substitute with a combination of dried dill weed, garlic powder, and onion powder. Use 1 teaspoon of each for every 1 tablespoon of dill mix called for in the recipe.

2. Can I use fresh dill instead of dill mix?

Yes, you can use fresh dill as a substitute for dill mix. Use 3 teaspoons of fresh chopped dill for every 1 tablespoon of dill mix called for in the recipe.

3. What if I don't like the taste of dill?

If you're not a fan of dill, you can substitute with dried thyme or dried tarragon. Use the same amount as you would for dill mix in the recipe.

4. Are there any other alternatives to dill mix?

Yes, you can use dried parsley or dried chives as a substitute for dill mix. Use the same amount as you would for dill mix in the recipe.

5. Is there a low-sodium option for dill mix?

If you're looking for a low-sodium option, you can make your own dill mix with dried dill weed, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt-free lemon pepper seasoning. Use 1 teaspoon of each for every 1 tablespoon of dill mix called for in the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Madsen7
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Madsen7
  • tpchefrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
tpchefrebecca
  • babywings76