• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Help Needed: Substituting for Asian Seasoning Mix for Wedding Salad

In summary, you can use a different brand of Asian seasoning mix as a substitute for the wedding salad, as long as the ingredients list is similar. It is recommended to use a mix specifically labeled for salad dressings or marinades. You can also make your own mix using online recipes. The amount of mix needed will vary depending on the recipe, so it's best to start with a small amount and add more to taste. The mix can also be omitted, with the option to substitute with other spices or seasonings that complement the other ingredients.
foodygirl
Hello everyone! I have a customer that is preparing several salads for a wedding reception this weekend and was using our Asian Seasoning Mix for her recipe. Sadly, she ran out and I cannot locate any for her in time. Does anyone have an idea of how she could substitue from store bought ingredients? I'm in urgent need of an answer as they are heading out of town tomorrow.

Thank you! :)

THANK YOU soooooooo much!! I thought at one point I'd seen something but couldn't remember where. You have helped my customer SO much. :thumbup:;)

in the 29 Minutes to Dinner, the Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps calls for 2 tsp of Asian Seasoning mix

The Chef's Corner substitiute is: 2tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp finely grater gingerroot, and 1 pressed garlic clove

That's goofy there are 2 different substitutes, and neither one mentions sesame seeds, which I know are in the Asian mix.

Grocery stores sell an Asian mix. I don't remember the brand name,though.

1. Can I use a different brand of Asian seasoning mix for the wedding salad?

Yes, you can certainly use a different brand of Asian seasoning mix as a substitute for the wedding salad. Just be sure to check the ingredients list to make sure it contains similar flavors and spices as the suggested mix.

2. Is there a specific type of Asian seasoning mix that works best for the wedding salad?

While any brand of Asian seasoning mix can be used as a substitute, we recommend using one that is specifically labeled for salad dressings or marinades. These tend to have a more balanced flavor profile that will work well with the other ingredients in the wedding salad.

3. Can I make my own Asian seasoning mix for the wedding salad?

Absolutely! Making your own Asian seasoning mix is a great option if you don't have access to a store-bought version or if you prefer to customize the flavors. There are plenty of recipes available online that you can use as a guide.

4. How much Asian seasoning mix should I use for the wedding salad?

The amount of Asian seasoning mix needed will depend on the specific recipe for the wedding salad. It's best to start with a small amount and gradually add more to taste. Remember, you can always add more seasoning but you can't take it out once it's been added.

5. Can I omit the Asian seasoning mix altogether for the wedding salad?

While the Asian seasoning mix adds a unique flavor to the wedding salad, it can be omitted if necessary. You can try substituting with other spices or seasonings that complement the other ingredients in the salad. Just be sure to taste and adjust accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tpchefrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
tpchefrebecca
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • JAE
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies