• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Recipes: Try the Jerk Chicken!

In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, bell pepper, serrano pepper, cucumber, onion and lime juice. Mix well. Divide shrimp mixture among tortilla cups. Top with sour cream mixture.
gilliandanielle
Has anyone typed up the new recipes yet? I am REALLY craving the jerk chicken, and want to try the recipe. I know you need the garlic oil and jerk seasoning, but I can substitute my own for now. PLEASE, help a pregnant lady out!!

Anyone? I am getting kinda hungry...

HAHAHAHAHAHA...She is gona get mad in a minute...LOL

gilliandanielle said:
Anyone? I am getting kinda hungry...

Kind of impatient, too!

I know I am impatient....sorry!!:)

gilliandanielle said:
I know I am impatient....sorry!!:)
I feel kind of catty today, so I might just keep posting to make you keep checking.uggg...I can't find the devil smily icon! see what kind of day I'm having?!?hope someone types it up for you!

Here you go... :)Jerk Chicken Salad
The Pampered Chef

Pasta
16 oz. uncooked rotini pasta
2 tablespoons Garlic Oil or olive oil

Dressing and Salad
2 limes
1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons pineapple preserves
1 tablespoon Garlic Oil or olive oil
1 tablespoon Jamaican Jerk Rub
1 pound chicken tenders
1 medium pineapple
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
6 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
3 green onions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)

1. For pasta, cook pasta according to package directions in (8-qt,) Stockpot. Drain; rinse under cold running water. Toss with oil and set aside.
2. For dressing, zest one lime using Microplane Adjustable Grater. Juice both limes into Small Batter Bowl. Add zest, mayonnaise and pineapple preserves; ix well and set aside.
3. For salad, whisk together oil and jerk rub in Classic Batter Bowl. Add chicken tenders; mix well to coat and set aside. Peel pineapple and cut in half lengthwise; remove core. Slice crosswise into ¼-inch slices. Heat Grill Pan over medium heat 5 minutes. Add chicken; cook 6-10 minutes, turning once. Remove from pan. Add pineapple to pan. Cook 2 minutes, turning once; remove from pan. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
4. To serve, toss pasta with chicken, pineapple, beans, bell pepper, bacon and green onions; drizzle with dressing and toss gently.

Yield: 6 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 610, Total Fat 21 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Carbohydrate 77 g, Protein 33 g, Sodium 590 mg, Fiber 6 g

Thank you SO much!!

And Kate- we all feel that way sometimes!!

Honest, I was going to go get it!Here's another new one.Island Breeze Rum CakeCake
1 package (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
1 egg
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconutSyrup
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons dark rum
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon Cinnamon Plus spice blendFilling and Fruit Topping
1 package (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup milk
2 cups thawed, frozen whipped topping, divided
2 tablespoons dark rum
1 kiwi, sliced
1 large mango, peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 cup toasted coconutHeat oven to 350F. For cake, spray torte pans with nonstick cooking spray. Place 8-inch circles of parchment paper into pans. In large bowl, combine mix, oil, water and pineapple with juice. Stir in coconut. Divide batter between pans. Bake 15-18 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool in pans 5 mintes. Loosen cakes, invert and cool 10 minutes.Bring syrup ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat, whicking until sugar dissolves; cook 1 minute or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat. In medium bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk until pudding starts to thicken. Fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping and rum.Transfer one cake to platter; brush with half of the syrup. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent Decorator; fill with filling and pipe around edge of cake. Spread remaining filling over center. Place top cake layer well-side up over filling. Arrange fruit in center, brush with remaining syrup. Fill decorator with remaining whipped topping; pipe around edge of cake and sprinkle with toasted coconut.Yield: 16 servingsThey announced that if the syrup thickens too much, thin it with a little water. Forget that! Thin it with a little more rum!

And the Essential Level appetizer...Spicy Shrimp Ceviche CupsTortilla Cups
6 (11-inch) flour tortillas
2 tablespoons vegetable oilSour Cream Filling and Ceviche
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
zest of 1 lime
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
8 ounces cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
1/2 medium bell pepper, finely chopped
1 serrano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1/3 cup finely chopped seedless cucumber
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons lime juiceHeat oven to 350F. For tortilla cups, trim tortillas to form six 6-inch squares. Cut each square into quarters for twenty-four 3-inch squares. Make a 1-inch cut from each corner toward the center of each square. Brush both sides of squares with oil Press squares into bottom of Deluxe Mini Muffin Pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Remove from oven.For fillig, combine sour cream, cilantro, lime zest, garlic and half of the salt in small bowl; mix well and set aside.For ceviche, coarsely shop shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine shrimp, peppers, cucumber, onion, lime juice and remaining salt; mix well.Spoon sour cream filling into resealable plastic bag; trim corner. Pipe filling into cups; spoon ceviche over filling, draining any excess liquid from the ceviche mixture against the side of the bowl.Yield: 24 servings

you guys rock. thanks!

I made the ceviche cups last night, YUM!!!! although I put too much red onion in it, but still good!!!!!

I am sooooo excited about the new recipes! This is the most excited about Celebration Theme recipes I've ever been since they started doing them!:D
Thanks for posting these - can't wait to try them! (and I'm NOT pregnant....just impatient!)

They have posted the "New Consultant Kit" recipes on Consultant's Corner, too!!!

dannyzmom said:
They have posted the "New Consultant Kit" recipes on Consultant's Corner, too!!!

Those were done in the "Test Kitchen Live" workshop (well, all but one), and they all looked really good! We all wanted samples.

Hello!

Would you mind posting what the recipes are? (Not the whole thing, just the names) I am going to be signing up at the end of the month once my catalog show closes out and I'd love to know what to mention to my potential hostesses. Thank you!!! :)

Sure.

Theme Shows: Taste of the Tropics
E= Essential (kit tools)
C= Classic
A= Advanced

Appetizers
E: Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups (recipe card handout available)
C: Pan-Asian Meatballs
A: Caribbean Meat-Filled Pastries

Main Dishes
E: Aloha Pizza
C: Jerk Chicken Salad (recipe card available)
A: no advanced main dish for the theme show this season

Desserts:
E: Tropical Wontons with Mango Sauce
C: Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle (pic on the front of the catalog)
A: Island Breeze Rum Cake (recipe card available)

The other Essential recipes for new consultants are:
Spinach and Artichoke Cups (appetizer)
Three-Cheese Garden Pizza (main dish)
Strawberry Amaretto Pastries (dessert)

All of these recipes will be in the Spring Season's Best.

Thank you!

Would anybody that has their changeover kit be willing to post the other recipes? I feel like cooking this weekend! :)

Thanks!

Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle

4-5 limes, divided
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
2/3 c. sweetened condensed milk
1 container (12 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
3 c. assorted fresh berries such as strawberries, raspberries and blackberries
1 frozen prepared pound cake (16 oz.), thawed
1 pint lime sherbet, softened
¼ cup slice almonds, toasted
Additional berries for garnish (optional)

Slice two limes using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v-shaped blade; set aside. Using Microplane Adjustable Grater, zest remaining limes to measure about 1 tablespoon zest; juice limes into Easy Read Measuring Cup using Citrus Press to measure ½ cup juice.

In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk cream cheese, condensed milk, lime juice and zest with Stainless Whisk. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent Decorator; fill with about ½ cup of the whipped topping until smooth with Small Mix ‘N Scraper. Slice strawberries with Egg Slicer Plus. Place berries in Small Batter Bowl.

Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes with Bread Knife. To assemble trifle, place half of the pound cake cubes into bottom of Trifle Bowl. Top with half of the sherbet using Small Scoop; spread evenly. Top sherbet with half of the berries and half of the cream cheese mixture. Arrange lime slices in a circular pattern against inside of bowl to garnish. Repeat layers one time with remaining pound cake cubes, sherbet, berries and cream cheese mixture.

Pipe whipped topping rosettes around rim of trifle using decorator. Coarsely chop almonds using Food Chopper; sprinkle over top of trifle before serving. Garnish with additional berries, if desired.

What ingredients do I need to make Jerk Chicken?

To make Jerk Chicken, you will need boneless chicken breast, jerk seasoning, olive oil, lime juice, and garlic.

How long does it take to prepare Jerk Chicken?

The preparation time for Jerk Chicken is approximately 10 minutes. It will then need to marinate for at least 2 hours before cooking.

Can I use a different type of meat for this recipe?

Yes, you can use pork or shrimp instead of chicken for this Jerk Chicken recipe. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.

What is jerk seasoning made of?

Jerk seasoning is typically a blend of spices and herbs such as allspice, thyme, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper. Each blend may vary slightly depending on the brand.

Do I have to grill the Jerk Chicken or can I cook it another way?

While grilling is the traditional method for cooking Jerk Chicken, you can also bake it in the oven or cook it on a stovetop grill pan. Just make sure the internal temperature reaches 165°F before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sabrina oden
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • ChefMary412
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • debswork