• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Loooking for a Jerk Chicken Salad Recipe

In summary, to make a delicious jerk chicken salad, you will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, jerk seasoning, olive oil, mixed greens, red bell pepper, red onion, corn, black beans, avocado, mango, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper. To cook the chicken, simply season with jerk seasoning and grill for 6-7 minutes on each side. This recipe can also be made vegetarian by omitting the chicken and doubling the amount of beans, and a simple lime juice and olive oil dressing is recommended. The salad can be made ahead of time by preparing the ingredients separately and assembling them right before serving.
sabrina oden
Gold Member
Help looking for a Jerk Chicken Salad recipe for Sunday.
They also want me to bake something with it??
Any ideas would be helpful.
Thanks
Sabrina

Jerk Chicken Nachos! Yum!!! ;)

Go on CC, the Season's Best spring 2007 has the Jerk Chicken Salad recipe. That same SB has a recipe for Strawberry Amaretto Pastries, with a substitution of peaches or nectarines which I think would go fabulously with the jerk flavor.

1. What ingredients do I need for a jerk chicken salad?

To make a jerk chicken salad, you will need:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Jerk seasoning
- Olive oil
- Mixed greens
- Red bell pepper
- Red onion
- Corn
- Black beans
- Avocado
- Mango
- Cilantro
- Lime juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper

2. How do I cook the chicken for the salad?

To cook the chicken for your jerk chicken salad, preheat your grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken breasts with jerk seasoning and brush with olive oil. Grill for 6-7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before slicing and adding to the salad.

3. Can I make this recipe vegetarian?

Yes, this recipe can easily be made vegetarian by omitting the chicken and doubling the amount of beans. You can also add in some extra vegetables like roasted sweet potatoes or plantains for more flavor and texture.

4. What dressing should I use for the salad?

We recommend using a simple dressing of lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. You can also add in a splash of hot sauce or mango puree for extra flavor. Alternatively, you can use a store-bought jerk or mango vinaigrette dressing.

5. Can I make this salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare all the ingredients ahead of time and store them separately in the fridge. When ready to serve, simply assemble the salad and add the dressing. However, we recommend waiting to slice and add the avocado until right before serving to prevent it from browning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• brandy223
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dns2202
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
hperschnick
  • JennyJennJen