• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When a Recipe Calls for Diced Chicken...

on...high for 3 minutes. Then turn it off and let it sit for another minute before taking it out. I usually do this in one minute intervals. For the big cooker, I recommend cooking a little larger breast. 3 large breasts will fit easily. Microwave on...high for 3 minutes. Then turn it off and let it sit for another minute before taking it out. I usually do this in 2 minute intervals.
TheFreddiesCook
what do you use? Do you cook it during the show? Or do tell the host to get something already cooked? I was looking at the Jerk Chicken Nachos and the Grilled Chicken Penne recipes. I want to suggest one of these two to my next week show's host.

TheFreddiesCook said:
what do you use? Do you cook it during the show? Or do tell the host to get something already cooked? I was looking at the Jerk Chicken Nachos and the Grilled Chicken Penne recipes. I want to suggest one of these two to my next week show's host.

If you have the DCB, have the host get raw chicken and cook it in there! Another great way to show off it's versatility. If you don't, you can ask the host to have the chicken breasts cooked by the time you can arrive, or you can do it as part of your prep before the guests arrive.

Then, you can chop the chicken with either the Food Chopper (just make sure it's cool as warm chicken is harder to cut with it) or the Salad Chopper.

Don't get canned chicken though; I don't think it tastes the same at all.

What Keith said. LOL!

For the penne, I bring my grill pan & press and we cook it that way. I'm able to add a few more $$$$ products to the demo that way.

I do mine in the DCB at the show...and use either the salad chopper or the mix n chop to chop it....often I'll have someone else chop it for me!

(Do this ALL the time for the Jerk Chicken Nachos...and did it last night for the Creamy One Pot Pasta!)

What Becky said :) I made the Jerk CN today and used the DCB and then used the salad choppers..worked great.

I don't have the salad choppers or the grill pan... Hmmm.

TheFreddiesCook said:

If you have the DCB and the Mix n Chop, then it's totally doable.

So how exactly do you cook the breast in the DCB?
I get the microwave idea, i have done the 30 min chicken before. I guess i have to season it and cover then cook 100% power for how long? Can someone please give me some more details? I usually ask my host to cook the chicken prior, or last time my host had canned chicken, which was not as bad as i anticipated. But i know i will not get canned chicken for us to eat. I would totally use the baker during shows to cook it since it will demo it really nicely, even if the recipe made in a different baking sheet. I love making the Cal. Club Pizza and it will be nice to be able to demo the DCB this way.
Thank you,

2 chicken breasts usually take 9-12 minutes - I use the digital thermometer to check, but if you don't have that, it's easy enough just to cut into the center to see if it's cooked all the way through.
I'm going to have to try the club pizza - haven't made that one yet. I love the Jerk Nachos, so I've tended to stick with that.

Thanks, i will make notes on the chicken in the DCB.

I made the nachos one time, and when i showed up to do the party the host told me: By the way my husband hunted a pheasant and i cooked it instead of the chicken! :eek: It was a little tough and gamey.

It depends on the recipe. I made the California Club Pizza last night and the host had purchased the precooked chicken strips that you find in the bags. The guest really seemed to enjoy it and they liked the fact that the precooked chicken made the recipe seem simple and something that they could easily put together after they come home from work. There wasn't any left so I guess that meant it was pretty tasty! :)

Can you use chicken filets, the ones that come already cut up in sort of skinny strips?

TheFreddiesCook said:

If I do the one pot pasta, I do use the grill pan for the "presentation", however, if it is not going to really matter, I use something different. It does not sell high ticket items, but it still gets some wow effects from the guests! Also, it is a little time saver.

You can cook boneless skinless chicken breasts in either of the micro cookers. Times depend on the number of breasts you are cooking and the thickness. For the small cooker, I recommend no more than 2 med. to small breasts.

Simply place the chicken into the micro cooker and put the lid on. Microwave on high 4 minutes, then flip the chicken. Put them back in for 4 more minutes on high. If you have more chicken and thicker breasts, you may have to do this more at 4 minutes each time you flip them. After you do this a few times, you will be able to gaige towards the end that you may not have to do the last time all four minutes.

They make their own juice and turn out very moist. I recommend that if people want to cook their chicken breasts this way to eat them, you could season them either before or after cooking.

Then, I take them out with the hold and slice to show them how to handle them without burning yourself and then start slicing!

When a Recipe Calls for Diced Chicken...

Here are the top 5 questions customers often have when a recipe calls for diced chicken:

1. How do I properly dice chicken?

To dice chicken, start by cutting it into small, even-sized cubes using a sharp knife. It's important to make sure all the pieces are the same size so they cook evenly. You can also use a meat tenderizer or pounder to flatten the chicken breasts before cutting them into cubes.

2. Should I use boneless or bone-in chicken for dicing?

It's usually easier to dice boneless chicken, as you won't have to worry about removing the bones before cutting it into cubes. However, some recipes may call for bone-in chicken, in which case you can dice the meat off the bone after cooking it.

3. Can I use frozen chicken for dicing?

Frozen chicken can be used for dicing, but it's best to thaw it completely before cutting it into cubes. This will ensure that the chicken cooks evenly and doesn't end up overcooked on the outside and undercooked on the inside.

4. How much diced chicken should I use for a recipe?

The amount of diced chicken needed for a recipe will vary depending on the dish and the number of servings. As a general rule, 1 pound of boneless chicken will yield about 2 cups of diced chicken. However, it's always best to refer to the specific recipe for the recommended amount.

5. Can I substitute other types of meat for diced chicken?

Yes, you can usually substitute other meats such as diced pork or beef for chicken in a recipe. Just keep in mind that the cooking time may vary, so it's important to adjust accordingly and check for doneness before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
taterbug
  • sabrina oden
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • wadesgirl