• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potluck Recipes: Grilled Chicken Penne or Mexican Lasagna?

In summary, to make Grilled Chicken Penne, you will need 1 pound of penne pasta, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, salt and pepper, 1 red bell pepper, 1 yellow bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, black olives, fresh basil, Parmesan cheese, and Italian dressing. To make Mexican Lasagna, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, cook ground beef and add salsa and black beans, mix ricotta cheese and cheddar cheese, layer corn tortillas, beef and bean mixture, and cheese mixture in a baking dish, bake for 25-30 minutes, and top with cilantro, green onions, and salsa. The
ChefPaulaB
I need to take something for a pot luck on Saturday and would love to try one of the new recipes. Was thinking either the Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco or the Mexican Chicken Lasagna... I would need to be able to double them... does anyone know whether either of these could be doubled in the DCB? Or does anyone have another suggestion for one of our recipes for a potluck (preferable something that I can skinny up for Weight Watchers)... TIA!

bump
:balloon:

I don't think you'll be able to double those recipes in the DBC.

pamperedlinda said:
I don't think you'll be able to double those recipes in the DBC.

Okay, thanks for the response.

You could probably double the lasagna in the Rectangular Baker, and bake it in the oven if it doesn't fit in your microwave.

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Grilled Chicken Penne?

To make the Grilled Chicken Penne, you will need:

• 1 pound penne pasta
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup Italian dressing

2. How do I make the Mexican Lasagna?

To make the Mexican Lasagna, follow these steps:

1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. In a large skillet, cook 1 pound ground beef over medium heat until browned. Drain off any excess fat.
  3. Add 1 cup of your favorite salsa and 1 can of drained and rinsed black beans to the skillet with the ground beef. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
  4. In a separate bowl, mix 1 cup of ricotta cheese with 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
  5. In a 9x13 inch baking dish, layer 6 corn tortillas, followed by half of the beef and bean mixture, then half of the cheese mixture. Repeat these layers.
  6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
  7. Top with chopped cilantro, green onions, and additional salsa, if desired.

3. Can I make the Grilled Chicken Penne ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Grilled Chicken Penne ahead of time. Cook the pasta, chicken, and vegetables as directed and store in separate airtight containers in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, mix everything together and heat in the microwave or on the stovetop until warmed through. Add the dressing, basil, and Parmesan cheese before serving.

4. What can I use as a substitute for chicken in the Mexican Lasagna?

If you prefer to make a vegetarian version of the Mexican Lasagna, you can substitute the ground beef for 1 can of drained and rinsed black beans or 1 cup of cooked lentils. You can also use tofu or a meat alternative, such as Beyond Meat, for a vegan option.

5. Can I freeze the Mexican Lasagna?

Yes, the Mexican Lasagna can be frozen before or after baking. If freezing before baking, assemble the lasagna in a freezer-safe dish and cover tightly with plastic wrap and foil. When ready to bake, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and bake as directed. If freezing after baking, allow the lasagna to cool completely, then wrap tightly in plastic wrap and foil before placing in the freezer. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
taterbug
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lovenpc
  • aksusan