1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Need 2nd take along recipe, chocolate prefered

1. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I am making the Mexican Chicken Lasagna at a show Saturday night. I need a recipe that I can make ahead and take with (I'm offering her a bonus). Can't use the DCB since it will be dirty. She like chocolate and I want it to be easy. Ideas?

Thanks in advance. :D

2. cmdtrgd

cmdtrgd Legacy Member Gold Member

The Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart is nice since you can assemble it at your house and cook it there.

Apr 13, 2009
  3. ~*Heather*~

~*Heather*~ Member

The warm caramel nutty brownies are also a good one

Apr 13, 2009
  4. pckellyd

pckellyd Member Gold Member

Double Chocolate Mousse Cups. You can paint the cups w/ chocolate and put them in the fridge to have them set. Then stack and take w/ you in a ziplock bag. The mousse can be made in advance too, and it's actually better when it sets for a while in my opinion.

Apr 13, 2009
  5. mscharf

mscharf Advanced Member

I agree with the Warm Carmel Nutty Brownies,they are easy and SOOO good. I take them to all get togethers and I ALWAYS get great compliments!

Apr 13, 2009
  6. BlessedWifeMommy

Okay, now I'm hungry! Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm looking forward to making a sample!;)

7. BlessedWifeMommy

Warm Carmel Nutty Brownies, how are these without nuts?

8. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

I've heard of some who don't use nuts or use pretzels instead due to nut allergies and both said they were very good.

Apr 13, 2009
  9. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Make a Trifle!

Apr 13, 2009
  10. ~*Heather*~

~*Heather*~ Member

My last show was for my SIL and we made these as the demo. We did half with and half without. I think they taste good both ways.

Apr 13, 2009
  11. flemings99

flemings99 Veteran Member Gold Member

double chocolate cinnamon dip from season's best fall 07. very pretty on round platter in dots bowl with cinnamon chips/strawberries around outside.

Apr 13, 2009
  12. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Cool and Creamy Chocolate Fondue w/ Cinnamon Chips and Strawberries is my very favorite simple chocolate recipe. It's the picture on the front of All The Best!

(it's also very easy on the wallet!)

Apr 13, 2009
  13. sklay723

sklay723 Advanced Member Gold Member

Easy Truffles...you can have the chocolate ready to roll and then demo how to ball one up with the small scooper and roll it in toppings (have the toppings already chopped and ready) and then everyone can make their own for dessert. I think the recipe is in the Cooking For 2 or More cookbook...

Apr 13, 2009
  14. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

For my next show, the host want to do more of a dinner for their guest. It's a couples show, so we will be doing the 30 minute chicken and roasted veggies in the grill basket. They are buying all the food, but I am going to bring a Mississippi Mud Trifle that I found in the files here. It has oreos, cool whip, marshmallows, and vanilla and chocolate pudding! It's in Jodi's file on there!

Apr 13, 2009
  15. junkfortara

junkfortara Member Gold Member

Will someone help me find this recipe, please? I'm still the rookie that is trying to come around. I searched in files and recipes but can't seem to find this. I'm doing the same thing-- prepping a dinner and bringing along the dessert.

Thanks!

Apr 13, 2009
  16. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

321 cake - people are always wowed at the microwave miracle 12 minute cake.

Attached Files:

Apr 13, 2009
  17. BlessedWifeMommy

I think it is in the current Season's Best.

18. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

It's in the current Season's Best. You can also see Season's Best recipes on CC. Just go under "recipes" and choose the SB category. It has all the old issues on there as well. Just select the S/S '09 one and then you'll see it listed in the desserts section.

Apr 14, 2009
  19. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

This is what I almost always do along with a dinner demo. I put the cake in the microwave before the demo, so it is done. I then tell them what I did and also some other things to do with the fluted pan. I usually sell one or two at a show. Especially the 'dirty' chicken or 'obscene' chicken. When it is described, people's mouth's water!

So, for chocolate I take a choco mix, a diet coke and mix them. Pour into the fluted pan then drop dollops of icing on top of mix. Use 1/2 to 3/4 can of frosting. microwave for 10 - 12 minutes.

Good luck! OH, tip.... make sure you flip it out onto a platter with a lip or the icing will ooze EVERYWHERE!

MMMMMM, cake!

Apr 15, 2009
Have something to add?