• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe Ideas for Mexican Themed Potluck at Work?

chicken enchilada sauce on it. Repeat until all your tortillas are used.Serve with sour cream, green onions, and more cheese, if desired.
aksusan
You all have such great ideas and have sampled more of the PC recipes than I have, what are your recommendations for a Mexican themed potluck we're having at work on Friday? I would love some dessert-ish.

TIA
Susan

You could make Chicken Enchilada Cups...you make the chicken enchilada filling that is in the Celebrate cookbook and instead of putting it in a ring, you take 12 small flour tortillas, make a slit in each one and bend them into the 12 cup muffing pan. Fill the cups witht he filling and cook for about 12 minutes! YUMMY!

Taco Calzone...my favorite...

Here are a couple I found on here:

Attachments

• Mexican Recipe Ideas.doc
    76 KB · Views: 775
Thanks you guys, these all sound good! :)

Check the files - there is a Mexican Chocolate Cake in them that is good too. AND - I looked but can't find it, but I KNOW that PC had a Mexican Chocolate Pie that was in a SB a while back that was really good.

Also - I wondered about the Pina Colada Pineapple Upside Down Cake? That is an incredible melange of flavors!

How about the Strawberry Margarita squares

Thank you! Thank you! Always many good ideas! Sounds like I could do a whole Mexican potluck myself! :)

With the theme show archives on CC, there's a chicken and green chile frittata that's really good. And frittatas are good at room temp, so you wouldn't have to worry about keeping it hot.

I love chicken enchilada's! Let me know if you'd like my recipe. I do cheat and use a seasoning packet, but I add so many other things to it, it's almost like my own. Or at least semi-homemade!

I'd love it if you'd share the enchilada recipe! Always looking for a good one.Thanks.

Tortilla pinwheels... mix cream cheese and sour cream with Southwestern seasoning mix. Add a can of chopped green chiles. Spread on tortilla, sprinkle with shredded mexican cheese. Roll up, refrigerated and slice right before serving. I brought these to a potluck yesterday at work and they were inhaled!

aksusan said:
I'd love it if you'd share the enchilada recipe! Always looking for a good one.

Thanks.

Kacey's Chicken Enchilada's.
4-6 chicken thighs, or 3 large chicken breasts (bone in and skin on)
olive oil
salt and pepper
4 cups of cheddar jack or colby or cheddar cheese- shredded
1-14 ounce can of tomoato sauce (I like Contadina)
1-14 ounce can of petite diced tomatoes (I only use about 1/2-2/3rd's of the can)
half a small onion finely diced
8-10 inch flour tortilla's
2 green onions thinkly sliced- light green and green parts only
1 packet of Schillings or McCormick's Enchilada seasoning
a 9x13 inch baking dish

Okay, so drizzle olive oil and salt and pepper your chicken pieces. Place them on baking sheet and bake them at 350 degrees for 20-35 minutes until done. (they can be a bit underdone as they will finish cooking in the oven once stuck in the tortilla- but shoot for done-not dry or raw)

Take chicken out of the oven, and let it cool slightly. Remove skin, and start to cut meat off of bone. Shred chicken with two forks, or chop chicken into bite sized pieces. I prefer it shredded.

Set chicken aside in a bowl with a lid.

In a large skillet over medium heat drizzle a little olive oil in the pan and saute the diced onion until soft.

Add the can of tomato sauce and at least half the can of diced tomato. (if you want more, use the entire can)

Add the amount of water that the seasoning packet calls for (note that the seasoning packet calls for a tiny can of sauce ONLY) I found that my variations work much better- especially when needing to feed at least 4 people- you just need to cook it a bit longer so that it thickens up a bit!)

Once the sauce has reduced a little and is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon- take about 1/2 a cup of th sauce and pour it into the bowl with the chicken.

Add more if needed (you only need about 1/2 to 2/3 cup of the sauce to top off the enchilada's before baking)

Warm your tortilla's in your microwave to soften them. (this takes 35-45 seconds in my microwave)Taking only one out of your microwave at a time, place a tortilla on your cutting board, or workspace, and scoop about 1/3 of a cup of the chicken mixture on the tortilla and add 1/4 cup of your choice of cheese.

Roll it tightly (not too tight, it isn't a cigar, it's an enchilada) (a little chicken might pop out the sides, just put it back in the bowl of chicken, or stick it back in) and place the tortilla in your 9x13 which has a little layer of the sauce on the bottom to prevent sticking. Continue until all the chicken mixture and most of the cheese is gone. I normally can get between 6 and 8 enchilada's in my 9x13, depending on how full I fill them.

Pour the remaining sauce over the prepared enchilada's in the pan, and cover with remaining cheese- bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes until cheese on the top is bubbling and slightly browned. Once out of the oven, garnish with green onion, and serve.

Serve with my corn bread (recipe is below) or a nice salad.

Kacey's Cornbread

2 eggs
1 1/2 cups of MILD finely shredded cheddar cheese
1 can (8 ounces) cream style corn
1 can (8 ounces) whole kernal corn, drained
1 package (8 ounces) corn muffin mix
1 cup sour cream
6 tsp butter-melted
honey (optional)

Beat eggs in medium bowl, add 1 cup of cheese, both cans of corn, muffin mix, sour cream and melted butter. Mix until thoroughly combined. Pour mixture into a greased 2 qt. baking dish. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes, or until center is set. Top with remaining cheese, bake 2 minutes more. Serve with honey if desired.

Last edited:
Is the potluck this up coming Friday?

I'll have to see if I have any mexican dessert recipes for you...

Yes, this coming Friday, the 30th.Thanks!

oh, okay- back to the recipe archives... :)

Mexican themed dessertsI decided to just cruise over to allrecipes- I'm feeling too lazy to look through all my things :)

Real Sopapillas
"Sopapillas for any occasion. Serve hot with honey, or your own tostados recipe."

PREP TIME 30 Min
COOK TIME 15 Min
READY IN 45 Min
SERVINGS & SCALING
Original recipe yield: 2 dozen
US METRIC

About scaling and conversions

INGREDIENTS
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons shortening
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 quarts oil for frying

DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and shortening. Stir in water; mix until dough is smooth. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
Roll out on floured board until 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into 3 inch squares. Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
Editor's Note

(I like mine sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar)

Tex-Mex Sheet Cake SUBMITTED BY: ANNMILLER
"Rich Mexican flavors of cocoa, cinnamon and coffee under a chocolate glaze."

PREP TIME 30 Min
COOK TIME 15 Min
READY IN 45 Min
SERVINGS & SCALING
Original recipe yield: 1 - 10x15 inch jelly roll pan
US METRIC

About scaling and conversions

INGREDIENTS
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup margarine
1 cup water
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 cup margarine
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 cup slivered, toasted almonds

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 10x15 inch jelly roll pan. Combine the flour, baking soda, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, melt 1 cup margarine. Stir in water, 1/4 cup cocoa and 1 tablespoon instant coffee. Bring mixture to a boil, then remove from heat.
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour in the cocoa mixture, then stir in 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk, eggs and vanilla. Mix until blended.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cake springs back when lightly touched. Allow to cool.
For the coffee glaze: In a small saucepan, melt 1/4 cup margarine. Mix in 1/4 cup cocoa, 1 tablespoon instant coffee and sweetened condensed milk, and confectioners' sugar. Stir until blended. Fold in the almonds. Spread glaze over warm cake.

They also had a mexican sugar cookie recipe on that site as well.

Enjoy! :) let us know what you make and how yummy everything was! :)

Here's my homemade salsa recipe Its not PC
It looks like alot but it will be gone very quickly. We also like to warm it up. Enjoy!!

Teresa

(Make it 1/2 batch at a time so your blender doesn't overflow.)

Teresa's Salsa

2 lg cans Del Monte tomatoes (do not drain)

4 large fresh tomatoes or 12 Romas

8 - 12 fresh jalapenos scorched in a saute pan I make them really black (cool slightly)

1 purple onion cut into chunks (plus 1/2 of another that you chop & reserve)

2-3 bunches of cilantro (save some back that you snip)

2 T garlic salt

2 T lemon pepper

juice of 3 limes depending on size

4 T minced garlic from a jar (this is the only recipe I ever use this for)

Pulse tomatoes, jalepenos (stems removed but leave seeds in for the heat) & onion in blender on ice crush speed. Add the garlic, spices and lime juice season with a little Lawry's seasoning salt if necessary.

Quickly pulse in cilantro (you can add the stems too )

Pour into large plastic container stir in snipped cilantro and remaining onion.

Stir every 4-6 hours

Because of the scorched jalapenos it might have a brownish tint but it is so yummy!!

Refrigerate overnight.

stuffed jalepenos
24 medium to large jalepenos
1 block of cream cheese (softened)
2 cups of sharp chedder cheese shredded (finely)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 package of uncooked bacon (approximately12 slices)
24 toothpicksCut the caps off of the jalepenos and core out the insides, making sure to remove ALL
seeds and ribs. (this is the "hot" part of the pepper, so mix some seeds into
the cheese mixture if you want to spice it up even more). Rinse the jalepeno shells out
with cold water, this will help cut much of the "bite" out of pepper for those
who like it milder and set aside.Mix the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl, adding the chedder cheese last
slowly as you mix. I would recommend adjusting the amount of spices based on your taste,
this is a mild amounts I've listed here. Using your fingers, "stuff" the
peppers with the cheese mixture to fill the insides. Leave a little gap from the top as
the cheese will expand during cooking. Cut the bacon slices in half and use 1 half of a
slice to wrap each pepper and secure with a toothpick.(Be careful when cooking, the grease will drip from the bacon and cause fire. If baking,
use a deeper cookie pan or bar pan to keep the grease contained)To cook; There are really three ways to cook the stuffed peppers. Smoked, grilled, and
baked. I prefer grilled myself, but when its bad weather or I'm crunched for time, I
throw them in the oven at 375 for about 30-45 mins. Just cook the peppers until the bacon
is done and serve. If grilling, just be careful of flare ups of flames as they will cause
burned spots on the bacon and peppers.

Last edited:
24 medium to large jalepenos
1 block of cream cheese (softened)
2 cups of sharp chedder cheese shredded (finely)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 package of uncooked bacon (approximately12 slices)
24 toothpicks

Cut the caps off of the jalepenos and core out the insides, making sure to remove ALL
seeds and ribs. (this is the "hot" part of the pepper, so mix some seeds into
the cheese mixture if you want to spice it up even more). Rinse the jalepeno shells out
with cold water, this will help cut much of the "bite" out of pepper for those
who like it milder and set aside.

Mix the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl, adding the chedder cheese last
slowly as you mix. I would recommend adjusting the amount of spices based on your taste,
this is a mild amounts I've listed here. Using your fingers, "stuff" the
peppers with the cheese mixture to fill the insides. Leave a little gap from the top as
the cheese will expand during cooking. Cut the bacon slices in half and use 1 half of a
slice to wrap each pepper and secure with a toothpick.

(Be careful when cooking, the grease will drip from the bacon and cause fire. If baking,
use a deeper cookie pan or bar pan to keep the grease contained)

To cook; There are really three ways to cook the stuffed peppers. Smoked, grilled, and
baked. I prefer grilled myself, but when its bad weather or I'm crunched for time, I
throw them in the oven at 375 for about 30-45 mins. Just cook the peppers until the bacon
is done and serve. If grilling, just be careful of flare ups of flames as they will cause
burned spots on the bacon and peppers.

Sausage Dip

1 small pkg hot Jimmy Dean sausage

1 pkg frozen spinach (thawed and drained)

6 green onions

8 oz shredded pepper jack cheese

1 can ro-tel

8 oz cream cheese

1 clove garlic crushed

cheddar cheese (topping)

Cook drain sausage, add 1 TBSP water cook 1 minute

Mix in all remaining ingred.(except cheddar cheese)

Bake in 8" x8" dish for 10 minutes @ 350 remove from oven add cheddar cheese bake 5 minutes

serve with assorted crackers

Chicken enchiladas
1- 25oz box of frozen chichen taquitos
2- 10oz cans green chili sauce
1 sm can of chopped green chilies
2- 8oz tubs sour cream
1 can of cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)Combine green chili sauce,soup,green chilies and 1 tub of sour cream. Stir into a sauce.
Line 9 x 13 baker with frozen taquitos. Pour sauce over the taquitos for form a
casserole-like look. Bake a 350 for 30-40 minutes. Stir to fluff the remaining tub of
sour cream. Spread on top of the casserole. Top with shredded cheese. (You may want to
put back into oven while oven is cooling down to melt the cheese). Serves 6-8.This is a very delicious recipe that is fast & easy!

Last edited:
Touchdown Taco DipBring the Touchdown Taco Dip (in stoneware, of course) and then bring different coloured nacho chips, and layer them, by colour, in the Trifle Bowl. Don't forget the catalogues! :)

Thanks you guys! So many great ideas! :)

sorry, was multi tasking yesterday I realized I had duplicated my stuffed jalepeno recipe and also didn't let you know the name of the recipe and the one for chicken enchiladas

Teresa, you are a wealth of spicy recipes...proves you live in TX! My sister lives in Taylor, just outside of Austin.

1. What are some easy and quick recipes for a Mexican themed potluck at work?

Some easy and quick recipes for a Mexican themed potluck at work could include tacos, burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas, and nachos. These dishes can be easily prepped and assembled, and can also be customized to fit dietary restrictions or preferences.

2. How can I make my dish stand out at the potluck?

To make your dish stand out at the potluck, you can try adding a unique twist to a classic Mexican dish, such as using different types of cheese or adding a spicy kick. You can also present your dish in a creative way, such as layering ingredients in a clear glass bowl for a colorful and appetizing display.

3. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for a Mexican themed potluck?

Yes, there are plenty of options for vegetarian and vegan dishes for a Mexican themed potluck. Some ideas include veggie fajitas, black bean and corn salsa, roasted vegetable enchiladas, and avocado and black bean salad. You can also substitute meat with tofu or beans in traditional dishes.

4. Can I make my dish ahead of time and reheat it at work?

Yes, many Mexican dishes can be made ahead of time and reheated at work. Some dishes may even taste better the next day, as the flavors have had time to develop. Just be sure to properly store and transport your dish to maintain its freshness.

5. I'm not a confident cook, what are some easy recipes I can try for the potluck?

If you're not a confident cook, you can try simple recipes such as 7-layer dip, Mexican street corn salad, or slow cooker chicken tortilla soup. These dishes require minimal ingredients and preparation, making them perfect for beginners. You can also ask your coworkers for recipe recommendations or search online for easy Mexican themed dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chefann
  • pcheftammy
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • heat123