• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can the Chicken Piccata Recipe Be Made in the Dcb?

In summary, the conversation was about making a tasty chicken piccata recipe using the DCB to cook the chicken. The steps of the recipe were discussed and it was suggested that the entire meal could be duplicated using the DCB. Someone asked for the recipe and expressed their love for chicken or veal piccata. The recipe included chicken, olive oil, lemon pepper rub, chicken broth, onion, angel hair pasta, lemon, cream cheese, artichoke hearts, capers, parsley, and Parmesan cheese. It was mentioned that the recipe yields 6 servings and has 440 calories per serving. A cook's tip was also provided for substituting the lemon pepper rub.
smartcookie
Gold Member
I made this tasty recipe last night and used the DCB to cook the chicken. I followed the rest of the recipe as written, but it made me think that most of the steps could be duplicated using the DCB for the entire meal. Has anyone tried this? :confused:

oooooooh! Yum. I love chicken or veal piccata. Where's this recipe?

Chicken Piccata 1 1/4 lbs (625 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) Lemon Pepper Rub
3 cans (14 oz each) 33% reduced-sodium chicken broth (about 6 cups/1.5 L)
1/2 medium onion
12 oz (350 g) uncooked angel hair pasta
1 lemon
2 oz (60 g) cream cheese, softened
1 can (14 oz or 398 mL) quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
1/4 cup cup (50 mL) capers, drained and rinsed
Chopped fresh parsley and grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions
Cut chicken into 1-in. (2.5-cm) pieces on Cutting Board. Combine chicken, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil and rub in Stainless (4-qt./4-L) Mixing Bowl; toss to coat. Heat remaining oil in (12-in./30-cm) Skillet over medium-high heat 1–3 minutes or until shimmering. Add chicken to Skillet; cook and stir 10 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and centers are no longer pink. Remove chicken from Skillet; set aside.Meanwhile, pour broth into Large Micro-Cooker®; microwave, covered, on HIGH 8–10 minutes or until broth comes to a boil. On clean cutting board, chop onion using Food Chopper. Add onion to Skillet; cook 10–20 seconds or until onion is fragrant. Carefully add broth and pasta to Skillet; cook, uncovered, 7–8 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionallyZest lemon with Microplane® Adjustable Grater to measure 1 tbsp (15 mL). Juice lemon with Juicer to measure 2 tbsp (30 mL). Add zest, juice and cream cheese to Skillet; stir until cream cheese is fully incorporated. Add chicken and artichokes to Skillet. Cook, covered, 1–2 minutes or until heated through. Remove Skillet from heat; stir in capers. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese, if desiredYield: 6 servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 440, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Carbohydrate 53 g, Protein 35 g, Sodium 1410 mg, Fiber 6 gCook's Tip: To substitute Lemon Pepper Rub, in Step 1, toss chicken with 1 tsp (5 mL) each salt and coarsely ground black pepper. In Step 2, add 2 pressed garlic cloves to onion; cook as directed. In Step 3, increase lemon juice to 3 tbsp (45 mL).

1. Can I use a different type of meat instead of chicken in the Chicken Piccata recipe?

Yes, the Chicken Piccata recipe can be made with other types of protein such as pork or veal. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.

2. Do I need to preheat the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) before cooking the Chicken Piccata?

No, the DCB does not need to be preheated. Simply add the ingredients and place it in the oven.

3. Can I make the Chicken Piccata recipe in the microwave using the DCB?

Yes, the DCB is safe to use in the microwave. Just be sure to follow the recipe instructions and adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. Do I need to cover the DCB when cooking the Chicken Piccata?

Yes, the DCB should always be covered when cooking in the oven or microwave. This helps to trap in the moisture and cook the food evenly.

5. Can I use frozen chicken breasts for the Chicken Piccata recipe?

Yes, frozen chicken breasts can be used. Just be sure to thaw them completely before cooking and adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Rossana
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Rossana
  • PCJenni