1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Need Recipe Help - Multiple Recipes

1. turtle15

turtle15 Member

I have a hostess who has given me some recipes she would like to do (long story). Anyone know any of these recipes or have experience with them? Are there any you would or would not demo? I am trying to decide which on the list would be the best to demo, and then let her make the rest herself if she would like.

Peanut Butter Cup Dessert
    Praline Cheesecake
    Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps - substitute turkey for chicken
    Broccoli Braid - substitute turkey for chicken

She really wanted a recipe that used cherries. Any suggestions?

May 4, 2009
  2. avelissar

avelissar Member

Hey,

I haven't hear do those recipes, but for a recipe with cherries: Do you own the 12 inch skillet? There is a chocolate-cherry skillet recipe on that.

Andrea

May 4, 2009
  3. turtle15

turtle15 Member

I only have the 10" skillet.

I just found the Black Forest Trifle and the Cherry Cordial Torte recipes.

May 4, 2009
  4. julia.poe

julia.poe Member

I have done the peanut butter cup torte and it is pretty easy but I would suggest ice cream or something with it. It is VERY rich

May 4, 2009
  5. PamperChefCarol

PamperChefCarol Veteran Member

How about the turkey cranberry wreath with dried cherries in place of cranberries. So yummy.

6. Triciascucina

Triciascucina Member

The chicken broccoli braid is an old classic. It is in old seasons best. you can do it in a braid or ring. I make these a lot.

Chicken Broccoli Ring or Braid

12 oz. cooked chicken, chopped (2 cups - about
    3 cooked boneless skinless chicken breast halves)
    1 C. broccoli, chopped
    1/2 C. red bell pepper, chopped
    1 clove garlic, pressed
    4 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
    1/2 C. mayonnaise
    2 tsp. All-purpose Dill Mix (or 1 teaspoon dillweed)
    1/4 tsp. salt
    2 pkg. (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent rolls
    1 egg white, lightly beaten
    2 T. slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 375ºF.

Chop chicken and broccoli and place in bowl. Add chopped red bell pepper. Press garlic over mixture and shred cheese over mixture. Add mayonnaise, dill mix and salt. Mix well.

Unroll package of crescent rolls. Do not separate. Arrange longest sides of dough across width of 12 x 15-inch pan and repeat with remaining package of dough. Roll out dough to seal perforations. On long side of pan, cut dough into strips 1 1/2 inches apart, 3 inches deep leaving approximately 6 inches in the center of dough for filling. Spread filling evenly over middle of dough.

To braid: lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Continue alternating strips to form braid. Tuck ends under to seal at ends. Brush egg white over dough and sprinkle with almonds. Baked 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown.

7. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

I'd recommend the Broccoli Braid or the PB cup trifle. As for cherries I'd go for the Black Forest Trifle or the Cherry Creamcheese ring.

May 4, 2009
  8. pjpamchef

pjpamchef Member Silver Member

Broccoli Braid I believe is in All the Best and shows a ton of tools! Great show recipe, simple to make and great presentation! I use to make this all the time when it first came out. If you are going to make a second recipe, make it super simple because the braid takes a little time, something like recipe where you press a package of cookie dough in the 10 inch skillet and cut up a snickers bar and sprinke on top. I can't remember the name of it, someone here will know it. You can put it together and slip into the oven just as you start your show!

May 4, 2009
  9. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Wowee, that's sounds YUMMY! I hope someone DOES know the recipe and posts it here for all of us

May 4, 2009
  10. turtle15

turtle15 Member

Thanks guys! Keep the ideas coming!

May 5, 2009
  11. Triciascucina

Triciascucina Member

The Chicken & Broccoli braid is one of the recipes in the Help Whip Cancer Favorites cards

12. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

Those are both excellent. The Black Forest Trifle is one of my favorite. The Cherry Cordial Torte looks so elegant - and when I brought it into work - it got rave reviews!

Here is another recipe using cherries, I use for brunch shows. I think it is in All The Best as a Peachy Ring - it has a picture.

Cherry Cheese Ring

Ring and Filling
    2 pkgs refrigerated crescent rolls
    1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese softened
    ¼ cup powdered sugar
    1 egg
    ½ tsp. vanilla or almond extract
    1 can cherry pie filling (or any pie filing of your choice)

Glaze
    ½ cup powdered sugar
    2-3 tsp. milk

1.Preheat oven to 350°F.
    2.Unroll crescent dough. Separate into 16 triangles; reserve 4 triangles for decoration. On Large Round Stone, arrange 12 of the triangles in a circle with wide ends toward the outside edge of Baking Stone and points toward the center. Using lightly floured Baker’s Roller, roll dough to 14” circle, pressing seams together to seal and leaving a 3 inch hole in the center
    3.For filling, in Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg and vanilla. Using Classic Scraper, spread cream cheese mixture over dough to within ½ inch of the eggs: top with pie filling
    4.Using Pizza Cutter, cut each remaining triangle into thirds, staring at the wide end opposite the point and cutting lengthwise to the point. Arrange dough strips evenly in spoke like fashion over filling. Press ends to seal at center and outer edges
    5.Place Baking Stone on Large Rack. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cool slightly. For glaze, mix icing sugar and milk until smooth and drizzle over ring.

May 5, 2009
  13. teresah551393

teresah551393 Member

I have done the chocolate cherry skillet cake in the 10" skillet, it worked just fine!

14. dannyzmom

dannyzmom Legend Member Gold Member

I think I did the Broccoli Braid at every single show for my first year - sometimes as a braid, sometimes as a ring...it was a huge hit.

May 5, 2009
  15. turtle15

turtle15 Member

Oh that's good to know!

May 5, 2009
  16. StacieB

StacieB Veteran Member Gold Member

Black Forest Trifle is wonderful and rich!

May 5, 2009
  17. mailgoddess

mailgoddess Gold Member

This is an awesome recipe, my family loves it. You can also substitute asparagus in place of broccoli, which is totally awesome too!!

May 16, 2009
  18. turtle15

turtle15 Member

Thanks all! Had my show today. The host premade the chicken broccoli braid and substituted the chicken with turkey and the dill with the italian seasoning. I made the Cherry Cordial torte. Everything was delicious!

May 16, 2009
  19. chefHLM

chefHLM Member

Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie
    18 oz. pkg. refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
    1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
    1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
    2 bars (1.5-2 oz. each) of your favorite chocolate bar (snickers, milky way, whatever you like!), cut into 1/4 inch thick slices

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Press cookie dough lightly into bottom of 10 inch skillet. Top with chocolate chip (or chunks), chopped nuts and candy bar pieces. Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges of cookie are deep golden brown (center will be soft). Cool 10 minutes. Cut into wedges with Nylon slice 'n serve and serve with ice cream if you desire.

May 16, 2009
  20. shelly.nurse

shelly.nurse Member

What are your thoughts on using non PC stuff in your demos? I don't have any of the cookware yet, but the skillet cookie sounds like it would work in my cast iron skillet. That way it shows that, although the results would probably be ideal in the PC cookware, you can use your own until you host your own party and are able to get the cookware as a 1/2 price item (if you qualify).

May 30, 2009
  21. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I wouldn't - for the basic fact that we really aren't trying to sell recipes, we are there to sell products. If you are showing something in a non PC product, then what is the incentive to buy the PC item?

I'd do recipes that I can do in PC items. The Skillet cookie can also be made in the 8" skillet, just cut it down a little. I've done it in the 8 in skillet before!

May 30, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted