• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

More Advice Needed on Power Cooking Chicken Recipes

In summary, to determine if chicken is fully cooked, use a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) or cut into the thickest part and make sure the juices run clear. Frozen chicken can be used in power cooking recipes, but cooking time should be increased by 50% and it is recommended to thaw it first. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are the best type to use for power cooking. You can add marinade or seasoning, but be careful not to use too much. Cooked chicken can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or frozen for up to 4 months.
babywings76
Gold Member
How is it best to package these up and freeze? On the demo on CC, it's for the meat recipes and they show spreading the contents flat in the bag so it's easier to thaw later. But w/ the chicken ones, it has you insert one bag into the other. I did these once and thought it was kind of messy when the time came. The inner bag was yucky to touch and the rub spices were stuck to that inside bag.

I think I'll combine the contents better first (making sure the spices are mixed in w/ the things better, so they don't stick to the bag). But should I just seal and roll up the inner bag, or put it in and then try to lay it all as flat as possible.

I'm probably over thinking this. :rolleyes:

I put the ingredients in 2 separate (usually quart size) bags and then put those two into one clean 1-gallon size bag. Much less mess that way.

That's a great idea! Thanks!

1. How do I know when the chicken is fully cooked?

The best way to determine if chicken is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach 165°F (74°C) for safe consumption. Another method is to cut into the thickest part of the chicken and make sure the juices run clear.

2. Can I use frozen chicken in power cooking recipes?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken in power cooking recipes. However, make sure to increase the cooking time by 50% to ensure it is fully cooked. It is recommended to thaw the chicken before cooking for best results.

3. What is the best type of chicken to use for power cooking?

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are the best type of chicken to use for power cooking. They cook quickly and evenly, making them perfect for power cooking recipes.

4. Can I add marinade or seasoning to the chicken before power cooking?

Yes, you can add marinade or seasoning to the chicken before power cooking. However, be mindful of the amount and type of seasoning used, as too much can cause the chicken to become dry or overpower the flavor.

5. How long can I store power cooked chicken in the refrigerator?

Cooked chicken can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. If you want to extend the shelf life, you can freeze the chicken for up to 4 months. Make sure to store it in an airtight container or freezer bag to prevent freezer burn.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebsApronStrings
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PCJan
  • cookin to the top