• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Make With Leftover Chicken?

enchiladas - mix chopped chicken with pace picante sauce, a little enchilada sauce (I use green), cheese and sour cream. roll em up and place in pan, sprinkle more cheese and pour rest of sauce over it all. Excellent with a dollop more sour cream on top.chicken noodle soup - chop onion, celery and carrot, saute till soft. Add chicken broth, bay leaf, poultry seasoning, chopped chicken and throw in some egg noodles toward the end.wraps... large tortilla - fill with shredded chicken, chopped lettuce, tomato, cheese, olives... drizzle with your choice of dressing, and roll up like a burrito
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I baked a chicken the other night and have @ 3 cups of meat left - what should I make with it for dinner tonight? I'm not really in the mood for Chicken Divan. Thought about Mexican Chicken Lasagna, but that's too much dairy for me. DH loves Tetrazzini, but we've had a lot of pasta lately. I want something different - any suggestions?

We had the Tamale Verde Skillet for dinner last night. My husband loves it, probably because it's on the spicy side!

White chicken chili!

Chicken enchiladas/tacos,

Chicken in white sauce plus veggies, then make either a pot pie, or serve over rice, or bake with biscuits on the top, can't remember what that one's called...

Put it on a pizza,

Make some kind of wreath,

Indian - use a chicken tikka masala sauce on it YUM!

Um, that's all for now!

Hot chicken salad on croissants -- my favorite use for cooked chicken, besides the new chilaquiles. I'm assuming you aren't in the mood for those either though, since I know you have made them a lot!

Mexican Chicken Lasagna!!!! It is SO GOOD! I just recommend adding a little Southwest Seasoning to the chicken. I also used Pepper Jack cheese instead of Jack.
AWESOME.

Last edited:
Cheesy Chicken Broccoli & Rice Casserole:chef:

What about the Chicken Penne Al Fresco??

janezapchef said:
Hot chicken salad on croissants -- my favorite use for cooked chicken, besides the new chilaquiles. I'm assuming you aren't in the mood for those either though, since I know you have made them a lot!

I have a great recipe for the chicken salad if you'd like it -- it has cheese, crushed potato chips, celery, onion, mayo, and sour cream. I can type it up if you want it.

I love having chicken on hand! We buy a couple of rotisserie chickens at Costco and shred - it's enough for 4 meals!Things I make:enchiladas - mix chopped chicken with pace picante sauce, a little enchilada sauce (I use green), cheese and sour cream. roll em up and place in pan, sprinkle more cheese and pour rest of sauce over it all. Excellent with a dollop more sour cream on top.chicken noodle soup - chop onion, celery and carrot, saute till soft. Add chicken broth, bay leaf, poultry seasoning, chopped chicken and throw in some egg noodles toward the end.wraps... large tortilla - fill with shredded chicken, chopped lettuce, tomato, cheese, olives... drizzle with your choice of dressing, and roll up like a burritoSoft tacos - chop and toss with some enchilada or taco sauce, add shredded lettuce, tomato, cheeseMix with veggies and cream of something soup, add some rice and cheese and bake till bubbly

PamperedDor said:
What about the Chicken Penne Al Fresco??

I'm trying to ween my family of so much pasta - but I have been wanting to make it and it does sound pretty good! Has anyone cut the recipe in half? How was it? I have everything except the fresh basil on hand, I know it won't be the same, but I do have some basil that I dehydrated last year from my garden.

Jerk Chicken Nachos! Yum! (only I make them with Chipotle Rub instead.)

pamperedlinda said:
I'm trying to ween my family of so much pasta - but I have been wanting to make it and it does sound pretty good! Has anyone cut the recipe in half? How was it? I have everything except the fresh basil on hand, I know it won't be the same, but I do have some basil that I dehydrated last year from my garden.

kreaser just posted her suggestion to HO for this recipe using the Italian seasoning mix or rosemary seasoning in place of the basil. Sounds yummy to me! I haven't cut it in half, but I know it calls for 3 cups of chicken.

ChefBeckyD said:
Jerk Chicken Nachos! Yum! (only I make them with Chipotle Rub instead.)

Oh I do love those too - I like them as is and I bet they'd be really yummy that way too. DS would not eat it though :( Maybe for lunch tomorrow I'll make a small batch :)

pamperedlinda said:
Oh I do love those too - I like them as is and I bet they'd be really yummy that way too. DS would not eat it though :( Maybe for lunch tomorrow I'll make a small batch :)

I leave off the pepper mixture from one end of them for Micah. He loves most veggies, but won't eat visible peppers. He likes them w/o the peppers though.

Linda, I made the chicken penne last night, and came to find that my fresh basil was moldy. Grrrr - I was only 2 days old from the store! Anyway, I used 2 tsp of dried basil and it was very good, DH LOVED it, I think it would be even better with the fresh basil, but I was very happy with how it turned out anyway. I used about 3 1/2 cups of the penne, not quite the whole box. I will definitely be making it again. Oh, and I"m sure a half batch would be fine.

ChefBeckyD said:
I leave off the pepper mixture from one end of them for Micah. He loves most veggies, but won't eat visible peppers. He likes them w/o the peppers though.

I was going to suggest these too! Love these, they are my DH & my new favorite, but when I make them I put the red pepper on before I bake them and add the lime mix after, I don't like them quite so crunchy.

You could make a stir fry with the chicken, that sounds good. I was going to make the new Pineapple Stir Fry the other day but with chicken, but in the end I didn't have any of the ingredients except the chicken and pineapple, so am planning to make another time.
We made a chicken pizza last week and loved it! Just pizza crust (used the refrigerated kind because I had it that needed to be used, but would be better with a different crust) and then put the pizza sauce on and then chicken and some diced red pepper on the adult side and some low fat moz. cheese. Nummo! We all loved it!

I would do the chicken with salsa and melted cheese!! (add corn & black beans if you like) it is tasty!

Linda,
How about the Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza (p. 46 It's Good for You)--no pasta or dairy and it's YUMMY!

OOPS--a little dairy with the cheese!

The chicken pot pie in the stainless skillet that is in the new 29 minutes vol 2 cookbook is awesome! We had it last night.

cactus_flower said:
Linda,
How about the Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza (p. 46 It's Good for You)--no pasta or dairy and it's YUMMY!

Oh, I love that recipe.

TMI.....I can handle diary - just too much of it gives me indigestion.

Problem solved. DH wants to grill a steak, so he's off to the store to buy one :) and when he gets home, he will grill it - easy night for me :)

I think I'll use the chicken tomorrow or Sunday to make the Power Cooking Chicken Stirfry - that's really good if you haven't had it before.

What can I make with chicken?

There are endless possibilities when it comes to cooking with chicken! Some popular options include chicken stir-fry, chicken parmesan, chicken tacos, chicken alfredo, and chicken salad. You can also try grilling, roasting, or baking chicken and pairing it with your favorite vegetables and grains.

How do I make sure my chicken is cooked properly?

The best way to ensure your chicken is cooked properly is by using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of chicken should reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit to be considered safe to eat. You can also cut into the thickest part of the chicken and check that the juices run clear.

What are some healthy chicken recipes?

Chicken is a great source of lean protein and can be incorporated into many healthy dishes. Some options to try include grilled chicken with roasted vegetables, chicken and quinoa salad, chicken and vegetable stir-fry, and chicken lettuce wraps. Using fresh ingredients and limiting added fats and sugars can make any chicken dish a healthy choice.

How can I add flavor to my chicken dishes?

There are many ways to add flavor to chicken. You can marinate it in your favorite sauces, herbs, and spices before cooking. You can also use a dry rub or seasoning blend to enhance the flavor. Another option is to stuff chicken with flavorful ingredients like cheese, vegetables, or herbs.

Can I use frozen chicken in recipes?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken in recipes, but it is important to fully defrost it before cooking. This can be done by thawing it in the refrigerator overnight or using the defrost setting on your microwave. Make sure to cook the chicken thoroughly and check the internal temperature to ensure it is safe to eat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • rennea