• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How About Roast in the Deep Covered Baker?

In summary, the speaker shares their experience trying out a new recipe for a frozen roast using a covered baker. They prepped the roast with seasoning, potatoes, and carrots and cooked it in the microwave for 30 minutes, before finishing it off in a clubhouse microwave. The end result was a hit and the speaker booked another show as a result. They also plan to purchase the covered baker at a discounted price. The conversation also includes suggestions for using different types of potatoes and the potential benefits of using a deep covered baker.
COOKINWITHSHERRI
Gold Member
I had a BINGO tonight and I was at the store to get a chicken to try out the 30 min recipe. I forgot to pick up one to have it thawed out and ready to cook. They didn’t have any thawed whole chickens and Well, I’m so glad they didn’t! At first I picked up some frozen chicken breasts and thought I’d just used those, thinking that the moisture from them being frozen would help keep it moist… I was brainstorming with another consultant friend while I was at the store. (Thanks Anna! – She lent me the covered baker.) I knew it was too late to do the whole chicken and I wasn’t totally sure about doing the frozen breasts so I thought, why don’t I use a roast. I had a roast in the freezer, so I thought I’d try out. (I was trying to keep my cost down!) I pre-make all my food for BINGO’s, so while other things were cooking I took the frozen roast and placed it in the baker… My micro is really small, it fit but wouldn’t turn. Directions for the chicken say if it doesn’t turn on it’s own, then turn it half way.

So here’s how I prepped it…..
Frozen Roast on the bottom. I found a packet of roast seasoning at ALDI’s and rubbed it on top. (Usually I pour in a packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix, but I thought I’d try something new.)
I cut about 5 potatoes with the crinkle cutter (Skins on) and threw in about ½ a bag of Carrots in. (Veggies around the roast.) I put about 1/8 cup of water sprinkled on the veggies – I was scared for the potatoes..

So I started cooking it. About 15 minutes into it, the door on my micro came open (because it was trying to turn… LOL) So I thought, OK I’ll just finish it up at the Club House in their micro, while I’m setting up. I cooked it an additional 30 minutes. (It did turn in there, but just barely.) I put it out on the table and put the lid on it to set, like the chicken recipe says. I finished dishing up and did my talk about what were about it eat – about 10-15 minutes. I take the lid off and it smelled WONDERFUL! It did brown – I’m sure it was the seasoning… As customers were coming in they all remarked and asked what smells SO GOOD? I had explained during my talk that they were my taste testers, that this was a new product and a new recipe. I cut into it and it’s done all the way through, it cut really easy. The carrots were yummy. I don’t think anyone tried the potatoes though. They looked dried up and not very pretty. Maybe it was because I cut them too small? I didn’t taste them either…. So needless to say, all and all it was a big hit…. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I’ll be getting one at the 60% OFF for sure. It was great cooking a roast in less than an hour – From the freezer!!! It had the taste of my roasts that I cook all day!

I booked another February Show because of it! WOO HOO!!!!!

I am so getting one now. What cut of roast did you use? Maybe next time try red potatoes, those seem to cook differently, and look prettier...

i've done a turkey breast in the oven and I'm convinced that it was so juicy because of the dcb.

I haven't bought the DCB because I have the old baking bowl and the deep dish baker which let me do all the same things. But I guess I'm just going to have to break down and get one to show off these great ideas since my customers don't have the older stuff.Where I'm going to store it I just don't know! My poor little kitchen is alread bursting at the seams!Ann

And it was okay putting it in there frozen? That kinda scares me since we've always been told to thaw meat.....I'm glad it worked well; I've been wanting to try a roast.

60% off as a consultant???
COOKINWITHSHERRI said:
I’ll be getting one at the 60% OFF for sure. It was great cooking a roast in less than an hour – From the freezer!!! It had the taste of my roasts that I cook all day!

I booked another February Show because of it! WOO HOO!!!!!

Im new to this, how do I as a consultant get this for 60% off in Feb.??? I pretty much have most of the other stoneware, but I REALLY want this, for my sales I have just about earned enough to pick something besides my super starter and I am debating the Simple Additions, that I have nothing of really, or the one w/ this piece of stoneware...
ANYWAY my main question is if I can get this for 60% then Id FOR SURE go with the SA w/ my banked money.
Soo...share your tips on this "60% off":rolleyes:

lilscrapmama said:
Im new to this, how do I as a consultant get this for 60% off in Feb.??? I pretty much have most of the other stoneware, but I REALLY want this, for my sales I have just about earned enough to pick something besides my super starter and I am debating the Simple Additions, that I have nothing of really, or the one w/ this piece of stoneware...
ANYWAY my main question is if I can get this for 60% then Id FOR SURE go with the SA w/ my banked money.
Soo...share your tips on this "60% off":rolleyes:
Hold a show or put together a catalog show in Feb. and you can get this stone and one other (or any 2 you want) for 60% off - no other way to do it.

And on top of that hosts (and you if you do a show) can buy all the additional stones STARTING with the guest price of 20% off so if they get a stone with a half price choice it's 70% off (the deep covered baker is NOT on sale for guests so the best you can do for that stone is the 60% off). Be sure to use the guest number when entering the stones on the host order too so the price is right. (except of course for their 60% off stones)

Thanks for the red potato idea! I just got a rump roast. I got 2 in a pack for $9 on sale. I'd say the one in dcb really was better than the first one I cooked all day.

I am Hosting my own show in February too, that's how I'll get it. Sometimes my mother-in-law will book and then cant afford or doesn't want the Host item, so I purchase it.

1. What is the Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker is a versatile kitchen tool used for roasting, baking, and cooking in the microwave or oven. It is made of stoneware and has a glazed finish for easy cleaning.

2. How do I use the Deep Covered Baker for roasting?

To use the Deep Covered Baker for roasting, simply place your desired meat and vegetables in the dish, cover with the lid, and cook in the oven according to your recipe. The stoneware material helps to evenly distribute heat for perfectly roasted dishes.

3. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker in the microwave?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is safe to use in the microwave. It is perfect for cooking or reheating smaller portions of food quickly and efficiently.

4. What types of recipes can I make in the Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker can be used for a variety of recipes including roasts, casseroles, desserts, and even bread. Its versatility makes it a must-have tool in any kitchen.

5. Is the Deep Covered Baker dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend handwashing with warm soapy water for best results and to prolong the life of the stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jcsmilez
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cochef
  • ChefDi