• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Overcook My 30 Minute Chicken in the DCB?

In summary, the chicken took over an hour to cook in the microwave. The skin was chewy and the vegetables weren't edible at all.
Yakmama
I tried the 30 minute chicken in my DCB last night- and it took over an hour for a 3.5 lb. chicken! I followed the 30 minute chicken show guide for the "chicken dinner" that includes carrots celery and potatoes. I seasoned the chicken as directed and microwaved it uncovered for 30 minutes (turning frequently b/c I have to take the turn table out).

After the hour, the chicken was good, but the skin was chewy and the vegetables weren't edible at all. Some of them were still raw and others were so dry you couldn't even chew them.

So what did I do wrong?

You must have a really old microwave. What is the wattage?

It sounds to me like your microwave probably doesn't have enough wattage.

I had this happen once at a show, and when I checked the microwave - it was only 600 watts.

It's actually a brand new microwave- it's 1000 watts

Does the recipe call to leave the lid off? When I cooked mine, I cooked with the lid on. But I only had the chicken in there.

I only cook w/ the lid on too, but I think the recipe calls to leave the lid off.

I never really paid attention to that part, the lid I mean. I have done the 30 min chicken several times, and i always leave the lid ON. 30 mins. every time, PERFECT chicken!

I've done lid on and lid off with great results both ways. Perhaps there were too many veggies?

I've never done mine with the lid on - but I've never put veggies in with it either.

I always leave the lid on with mine, but don't do the veggies unless I'm doing it in the oven and cooking it slowly.

Was the power on High? I learned that the hard way at a show when the host had a new microwave and the incredible 3 minute chicken turned into the 90 minute disaster. Her power was on low, she still bought a DCB and her power is now set on high and she says perfect chicken everytime.

What wattage is normal? Mine at home is 1200W, but at a show I'm doing it's only 900W I figure I'm going to have to add time, I'm just not sure how much time. I'm hoping no more than 10 minutes... anyone have any advice?

What is the "30 Minute Chicken Disaster" recipe?

The "30 Minute Chicken Disaster" recipe is a popular recipe from Pampered Chef that features a savory combination of chicken, vegetables, and seasonings, all cooked in just 30 minutes.

What ingredients do I need to make the "30 Minute Chicken Disaster"?

The ingredients you will need for the "30 Minute Chicken Disaster" include boneless, skinless chicken breasts, your choice of vegetables (such as bell peppers, onions, and zucchini), olive oil, garlic, seasonings (such as Italian seasoning and salt), and chicken broth.

Can I make any substitutions in the "30 Minute Chicken Disaster" recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions in the recipe to suit your preferences. For example, you can use different types of vegetables or swap out the chicken for a different protein, such as shrimp or tofu. However, keep in mind that these substitutions may alter the cooking time and overall flavor of the dish.

Is the "30 Minute Chicken Disaster" recipe difficult to make?

No, the "30 Minute Chicken Disaster" recipe is designed to be quick and easy to make. With simple instructions and minimal ingredients, it is a great option for busy weeknights or when you need a fast and delicious meal.

Can I make the "30 Minute Chicken Disaster" in advance?

While the recipe is meant to be cooked and served immediately, you can prepare some of the ingredients in advance, such as cutting the vegetables and marinating the chicken. However, it is best to cook and assemble the dish just before serving for the freshest and most flavorful results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB