• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried the garlic bites recipe for your 30 minute chicken in the DCB?

In summary, this recipe calls for 8 biscuits, and the author recommends squishing them in the saute pan to make room.
sherid
I have done the 30 minute chicken in the dcb before but isn't there a garlic bites recipe that you can make when the chicken is cooking. If there is does anyone have the recipe. I saw it once but can't seen to find it.

ingredients are a large can of Grands and butter.

preheat oven to whatever it calls for on the grands.
melt at least 2 tblsp butter (not margerine) in the 8" exec saute pan; add at least one pressed garlic clove
quarter buscuits and toss with butter and garlic in the pan
when the biscuits are well-coated, put the pan in the oven and bake till done

This is a HUGE hit - YUMMMMMMMM

This is my favorite show, and I do it all the time!

I prepare the chicken and pop it in the micro, and then, I demo the biscuit bites. Here is the recipe I use:

1 Can Grands Biscuits (any kind - 8 count)
1/4 cup butter (half of a stick)
1-2 Tbls. Italian Seasoning Mix
1 clove Garlic, minced
Parmesan Cheese (I just eyeball this - grate it with the micro grater til it covers the bottom of the pan.)

Melt butter in 8" or 10" Exec. Saute Pan. Sprinkle in Seasoning, press in garlic, and grate in cheese. Cut biscuits into quarters, and arrange in pan. Stir it all to coat biscuits with butter/seasoning mixture, and bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes. Slide out onto plate and serve.

It takes about 15 minutes for me to demo this, plus another 15 minutes for them to bake, and in that the time the chicken is done. So then, they are ready to serve at around the same time!

ChefBeckyD said:
This is my favorite show, and I do it all the time!

I prepare the chicken and pop it in the micro, and then, I demo the biscuit bites. Here is the recipe I use:

1 Can Grands Biscuits (any kind - 8 count)
1/4 cup butter (half of a stick)
1-2 Tbls. Italian Seasoning Mix
1 clove Garlic, minced
Parmesan Cheese (I just eyeball this - grate it with the micro grater til it covers the bottom of the pan.)

Melt butter in 8" or 10" Exec. Saute Pan. Sprinkle in Seasoning, press in garlic, and grate in cheese. Cut biscuits into quarters, and arrange in pan. Stir it all to coat biscuits with butter/seasoning mixture, and bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes. Slide out onto plate and serve.

It takes about 15 minutes for me to demo this, plus another 15 minutes for them to bake, and in that the time the chicken is done. So then, they are ready to serve at around the same time!

stupid question coming:

do you put it on a stone in the oven?? or the cookie sheet?

I haven't made these yet, but I think the answer is no. Both the SS and Exec saute pans are oven safe. Just pop on in the oven and bake away.

thecougchef said:
stupid question coming:

do you put it on a stone in the oven?? or the cookie sheet?

Nope - just bake them in the saute pan. That is part of the beauty of our cookware - it can go from stove to oven!:love:

Here's another "I'm in the UK" question...
Grands biscuits? Would this work with pilsbury bread rolls that come in the tube you keep in the fridge?

swinkate said:
Here's another "I'm in the UK" question...
Grands biscuits? Would this work with pilsbury bread rolls that come in the tube you keep in the fridge?

I'm not sure - because we have bread rolls, and we have biscuits...but I know in the UK what we call cookies, you call biscuits. Let me see if I can find a picture of them to post.....

Here is a picture:

http://www.pillsbury.com/products/biscuits/refrigerated/Grands-Biscuits.htm

BUT - I think that if you only have the bread rolls, and not the biscuits like we have, the bread rolls would work just as well.

Thanks Becky.
Hm.. we don't have those. I will try with the bread anyway and report back at some point!
I struggling to sell the cookware, so I am looking for simple recipes I can do at my shows... and I only have the saute pan myself at the moment!

I can't see why they wouldn't work with bread. Just follow the baking time/temp for the bread from the tube.mmm... bread from a tube...

Ok, Now I'm dying to make this...lol. Is there enough room in the 8 in saute pan for all 8 biscuits?

BettieC said:
Ok, Now I'm dying to make this...lol. Is there enough room in the 8 in saute pan for all 8 biscuits?

You have to squish them in there pretty tight, but it works! I've done it at shows before several times.

well I've already eaten dinner, but after reading this thread I want to run out to the kitchen and make the garlic bites! They sound awesome I just didn't realize they sounded so easy to make. I think I'll try them for the girls at work one day - potluck is coming up.thanks! :)

I use the biscuits that are tiny and come 10 to a can. They usually sell 4-packs of these cans really cheaply (which is why I buy them!). I still quarter the biscuits (I lay them all out in rows on my cutting board and use the pizza cutter) and they come out so yummy. I've never used the grands size ones, I like the mini bites! But one of these days I'll have to try them :).

I do it this way for the cinnamon and brown sugar version too, we call it mini monkey bread and have it for breakfast. It's perfect for our familly with small kids, and if we have guests or are really hungry I do 2 cans , which can still fit in the 8" pan or the 10" if you have it. If I really need alot then I do 3 cans in the 10" skillet.

Everyone LOVES them! This is such an easy and awesome recipe, and everyone is so impressed by how easily they just slide out of the exec pan.

Last January I made the garlic bites along with the Smashed Potato Soup in the DCB. People were amazed, because it was a paradigm shift show- soup in a stone in the microwave, and cookware in the oven! But the bread was a nice little side to go with the soup. It would also go well with the White Chicken Chili.

I have a question about this show... when the chicken is all done cooking, how do you serve it? Do you carve it up yourself and just give everyone a little taste? I'm not the greatest chicken carver, that's why I avoid this show....

ChefPaulaB said:
I have a question about this show... when the chicken is all done cooking, how do you serve it? Do you carve it up yourself and just give everyone a little taste? I'm not the greatest chicken carver, that's why I avoid this show....

I tell the guests that I'm the world's worst chicken carver and that they can either let me carve it, or if someone there is more talented in that arena, they can do it. I usually always have someone volunteer to do it, and then he/she oohs and ahhs over the Forged Cutlery.

ChefPaulaB said:

I walk it around the room before I start hacking at it, and show them how pretty it is. I tell them to take a good look at it now, because once I start hacking, it won't be pretty anymore!

I also use the scissors to cut it apart. People love it when I do that!

i ate too much... i think the third helping was a mistake!!!!

leftymac said:
I tell the guests that I'm the world's worst chicken carver and that they can either let me carve it, or if someone there is more talented in that arena, they can do it. I usually always have someone volunteer to do it, and then he/she oohs and ahhs over the Forged Cutlery.

So you have the forged cutlery carving set? Is that what they use to carve and ooh and ah over? I only have the old set from Outlet...

1. What ingredients are in the Dcb Chicken and Garlic Bites?

The Dcb Chicken and Garlic Bites contain chicken breast, garlic, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, and olive oil.

2. How do I prepare the Dcb Chicken and Garlic Bites?

To prepare the Dcb Chicken and Garlic Bites, preheat your oven to 400°F. Place the bites on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they are golden brown and cooked through.

3. Can the Dcb Chicken and Garlic Bites be made ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Dcb Chicken and Garlic Bites ahead of time. After preparing them, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before baking them.

4. Can I freeze the Dcb Chicken and Garlic Bites?

Yes, you can freeze the Dcb Chicken and Garlic Bites before or after baking them. Just make sure to store them in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. To reheat, bake in the oven at 350°F for 15-20 minutes.

5. Are there any variations for the Dcb Chicken and Garlic Bites?

Yes, you can add different herbs and spices to the Dcb Chicken and Garlic Bites, such as thyme or rosemary. You can also substitute the chicken with other types of protein, such as shrimp or tofu, for a different twist on the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • kzegar
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies