• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

White Chicken Chili - Does it Really Have 3 Heads of Garlic?

In summary, the white chicken chili recipe uses 3 whole heads of garlic, is spicier than the recipe if you buy the Jalepeno green salsa by mistake, and is great over rice.
Energizermom
This month's newsletter has the white chicken chili recipe. The recipe sounds good to me, but I haven't tried it yet. I have a customer who is asking if you really put 3 whole heads of garlic in it. That sounds like a lot of garlic. Anyone tried it? Did you use that much garlic.

Yes, you do. But if you read the recipe, you'll realize that you just "steam" the garlic and then squeeze the pulp into it. Another thing to realize is, when the garlic is cooked this way, it's much more subtle and not quite so "garlicy." It's really very good.

If it's the recipe I'm thinking of, you roast the 3 heads of garlic in the BB in the microwave and squeeze it out and add to the chili.

Forgot: Roasting mellows out the strong garlic taste, making it sweeter.

It is very good and quite spicy too!

Just made it last night. One of my family's favs (except for my picky DS). It's even spicier if you buy the Jalepeno green salsa by mistake!!! Great show recipe and quite the crowd pleaser. Great over rice.

If you don't want too much spice use green peppers instead of jalapenos! Just a tip.

The peppers in the chili are pablanos which have a kick, but not spicy like a jalapeno. I just picked up salsa verde once and didn't realize it was jalapeno salsa verde with a big red HOT written across the label. OOPS. Plus, our SW seasoning is pretty spicy with a great kick. I used green enchalada sauce in it last night with regular salsa. Worked out great. I can't always find the salsa verde.

at our last cluster meeting, we did a potluck and everyone brought a different DCB dish to share. One lady had done the White Chicken Chili- but she substituted a can of Rotelle Tomatoes for the salsa verde. It was really quite good!!

Could someone please tell me what the "verde" is in salsa verde? Is this any different than regular salsa?

Regular salsa is red. Verde means green. So Salsa Verde is green salsa. Typically, verde sauce contains Tomatillos.

I did not like doing this Chili as a demo. Everyone loved to eat it, but I did not think it made a good demo recipe.

1. Can I adjust the amount of garlic in the white chicken chili recipe?

Yes, you can adjust the amount of garlic to your preference. The recipe calls for 3 heads of garlic, but feel free to use less or more depending on your taste.

2. Does the garlic in the white chicken chili make it too overpowering?

No, the garlic adds a delicious flavor to the chili without being overpowering. It balances well with the other ingredients and creates a well-rounded taste.

3. How long does it take to prep the garlic for the white chicken chili?

It takes about 10-15 minutes to prep the garlic for the chili. This includes peeling and mincing the garlic cloves.

4. Can I use jarred minced garlic instead of fresh garlic for the white chicken chili?

Yes, you can use jarred minced garlic as a substitute for fresh garlic. However, the flavor may not be as strong as using fresh garlic.

5. Will the white chicken chili have a strong garlic smell while cooking?

The white chicken chili will have a noticeable garlic smell while cooking, but it will not be overwhelming. Once the chili is finished cooking and the flavors have melded together, the garlic smell will become more subtle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperdpaula
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB