• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Help Needed With White Chicken Chili

In summary, Paula says to cut off the top of the garlic cloves, drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt, and cover the batter bowl to keep moisture in. Squeeze the garlic cloves with your hands after cooking.
pamperdpaula
Gold Member
Hi!

I'm making white chicken chili today at a party for the first time. I'm having issues with roasting the garlic in the microwave. The first time I did it, I could barely get any of the cloves out as they were all hard as little rocks and wouldn't loosen from the head at all. The second time I did it, I did less time and flipped the head over half way through. This time they came out soft but rubbery and not at all mashable. I took my mix & masher to them and it basically just made them flat rubbery cloves. They were edible and quite tasty, really, just not the yummy spreadable consistency that I'm used to from roasting garlic in the oven.

Has anyone been able to do this with much success? I need tips and quick!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Paula

If I remember right, I think I cut off just a bit of the top of the bulb. That way it got rid of the tough tips that keep the cloves closed. After they were cooked, I remember using my hands to kind of squish the cloves out the rest of the way. But I did it at home, not at a show...so I don't know if that's what you'd want to do.

I haven't made the chili, but did a garlic bulb once where you cut the tops off, straight across, then poured a bit of olive oil inside.

You do have to cut off the tops of the heads. I find the directions to be not specific enough in the recipe. It says to cut about 1/2" off (I think, I'm working from memory here). You really need to cut low enough that the actual flesh of the cloves shows when you look down on the head. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt. And make sure you cover the batter bowl - the moisture that's held in will definitely help soften the garlic.When this recipe first came out, I used it as my recipe of the month at every show that month. I picked up a tub of peeled garlic cloves from Costco and just used those. I'd count out 45-48 per batch and use them instead of the 3 heads. It saved having to squeeze them from the heads, too (I find that they don't cool enough to handle comfortably in a show situation, when I have a lot of prep done ahead).

I love this recipe and now microwaved the garlic before the guests arrived, so they were cool to handle (this is after an episode where I burnt my fingertips at a party doing this - lol I just smiled and told everyone to let them cool first - didn't want them knowing it actually hurt - ouch!!). I do interative shows, but "i" am the one that squeezes out the garlic. DON'T FORGET GLOVES! they help.

I did this at a show ONCE!! I won't ever demo this recipe again. I think the Turkey Chili is a better demo recipe. You actually get to show the garlic press and you can demo the Garlic Peeler & Slicer set. When you consider the value of the products shown that shows more $$. And you don't have burnt stinky fingers.

What ingredients do I need for white chicken chili?

To make white chicken chili, you will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chicken broth, white beans, diced green chilies, onion, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, and sour cream.

How long does it take to make white chicken chili?

The total cooking time for white chicken chili is approximately 30 minutes. However, it may take longer if you are using dried beans that need to be soaked beforehand.

Can I make white chicken chili in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make white chicken chili in a slow cooker. Simply add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.

Can I use canned chicken instead of fresh chicken for this recipe?

Yes, you can use canned chicken in place of fresh chicken for this recipe. Just make sure to drain and rinse the canned chicken before adding it to the chili.

How can I make this recipe spicier?

If you prefer a spicier white chicken chili, you can add some diced jalapenos or a few dashes of hot sauce to the recipe. You can also use a spicier variety of diced green chilies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Energizermom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
Replies
Views
chefann
  • turtle15
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies