• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is White Chicken Chili Enough for a Large Crowd?

In summary, Anne is going to be doing a show next week with the White Chicken Chili. It looks like it's going to be a large crowd, 15 have already rsvp'd and the host just sent out the evites today, about 35 total. Anne recommends serving it over rice or tortilla chips, and recommends making homemade salsa verde.
chef greta
Gold Member
I will be doing a show next week with the White Chicken Chili. It looks like it's going to be a large crowd, 15 have already rsvp'd and the host just sent out the evites today, about 35 total.
TWO QUESTIONS: Will one batch be enough or should i double it? Is there any suggestions on something i can make before hand to go with it that is good/quick/easy?

Also, i don't do actual cooking shows that often, so i'm still getting the hang of the interactive show . . . so if any one has any tips for this recipe or just in general, i'd appreciate it.

I'd wait to decide on doubling it until the host has a more accurate headcount. And even then, you can stretch it by serving it over rice or macaroni, which is cheaper than making more chili - and still acceptable as a sample serving.

I would just add another piece or two of chicken. It is only susposed to be a sample not a meal.....

I've made the white chicken chili twice, and found both times that I need to reduce the poblano peppers from two down to one. It was really spice, and I LOVE spicy foods! Ehhhh, maybe it was just because I got particularly fresh, and strong, peppers. I toned it down by adding another chicken breast, some chicken broth, and another can of white beans. It definitely helped.

Also, I would drop down the cloves of garlic. It was VERY garlicky, but it may have been because I didn't properly "roast" them long enough to become mellow in flavor.

Despite my setbacks, it was DELICIOUS, and was a huge hit.

I serve this w/ tortilla chips which can be a good filler. I agree on the pablanos, we don't use them here because all our green salsas are medium or hot. Sometimes I show people how to make the tomotillo salsa from scratch!! Anne~ I like serving it over rice. Thanks!!

I use 1 poblano and 1 green pepper in this recipe. And the salsa verde has a HUGE effect on the heat level - if you can find a mild salsa, use that.

chefann said:
I use 1 poblano and 1 green pepper in this recipe. And the salsa verde has a HUGE effect on the heat level - if you can find a mild salsa, use that.

Yes - in fact, I use the Azteca mild green taco sauce, or a mild green enchilada sauce in place of the salsa verde.

i'm gonna do a test run for my parents for dinner tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes and make necessary adjustments.

Thanks for all the tips!

I like it using the green salsa, and also one pablano and one green bell pepper, like Ann said. I personally don't like to eat a bowl full of it. Now with rice or served as a dip with chips I love it. I also like to serve cheese and sour cream as toppings on the side.

pamperedalf said:
I serve this w/ tortilla chips which can be a good filler. I agree on the pablanos, we don't use them here because all our green salsas are medium or hot. Sometimes I show people how to make the tomotillo salsa from scratch!!

Anne~ I like serving it over rice. Thanks!!

I also make homemade salsa verde... how do you make your tomatillo salsa?
I take about 12 - 15 tomatillos (de-hulled/washed) .. one large onion (large sliced) and put in a large pot cover with water and boil 20 minutes. While that is cooking I wash 10 jalapenos and put in a saute pan on med high heat with a little water.. boil off the water and scald peppers until they brown on the skin turning regularly, adding 3-4 cloves of garlic to also scald.
I then fish out all of the tomatillos/onions and put in blender (no juice) adding garlic and blend...and jalapenos after cutting off the stem. Jalapenos go in one at a time until hot enough.. sometimes you only need 2-3.. so go slowly. Add a little salt until flavored right. Our new salt is delish.. and then eat with corn chips or flour tortillas, or over breakfast burritos.. over scrambles eggs. the stuff is so addicting...
Sorry for the hijack!!

Don't make it twice! I had a hostess insist on it...we had one coming out of the microwave as guests came in and then made another asap.

They were bored with it half way through. The wow of the show is when people taste it...the recipe is supposed to be a sampling. Have her put chips and salsa out to go with it.

What is white chicken chili?

White chicken chili is a type of chili that uses white beans, chicken, and other ingredients to create a creamy and flavorful dish. It is a popular variation of traditional chili and is often served with toppings such as sour cream, cheese, and cilantro.

Is white chicken chili spicy?

This can vary depending on the recipe, but generally white chicken chili is not as spicy as traditional chili. However, some recipes may include ingredients such as jalapenos or chili powder to add a bit of heat. You can always adjust the spice level to your preference.

What are the main ingredients in white chicken chili?

The main ingredients in white chicken chili typically include white beans, chicken, broth, and spices. Other common ingredients may include onions, garlic, corn, and green chilies. Some recipes also call for cream or cheese to make the chili creamy.

Can I make white chicken chili in a slow cooker?

Yes, white chicken chili can be made in a slow cooker. Simply add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. This is a great option for busy days or when you want to have a warm meal waiting for you.

What are some toppings that go well with white chicken chili?

Some popular toppings for white chicken chili include sour cream, shredded cheese, diced avocado, chopped cilantro, and diced red onion. You can also add a squeeze of lime juice for some extra flavor. Experiment and find your favorite combination!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kreaser
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pamperdpaula
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • gailz2