• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Help W/Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake - the Cake Part

In summary, Becky is having trouble getting the cake done as it is written in the recipe. She wants to combine the steps of adding the beans and salsa, then cooking for 7-9 minutes.
esavvymom
Staff member
I am doing this recipe at a show Saturday afternoon, and I won't be home all day tomorrow to try this again. I've made it at home before, but at home, you're more forgiving of various "issues".

I have a hard time getting that last little bit of cake in the very center of the cake to be DONE. Today, I made the cake as directed in the book. I cooked it for 9 minutes the first time, and then 4 minutes after that. I used a toothpick to check for gooey spots, seemed ok. When my DH dished it up, the center had a clump where the bread cake meets the chili part. I would have thought it would be done as hot as the chili was! Anyway. Just wondering if you have thoughts?

THe chili part- I made with 2 chicken breasts, and 2 cans of beans (I like more meat/chili - there isn't enough as directed). It was a bit runnier than I like - so I think next time, I'll drain one of the cans or use less salsa.

OH, and since I have to cook it so long, can I maybe combine the step where I add the beans/salsa, then cook it for 7-9 minutes....can I instead add the beans/salsa, and then put the cornbread mix on top and THEN cook for 13-15 minutes? The chili is hotter than a son-of-a-gun anyway! :)

Suggestions?

I can help with the cornbread part!What I discovered was that in order to get the cornbread done, you need to scoop the dough all around the edges, and then spread it carefully toward the center. That way, there isn't as much dough in the center, and it gets done more evenly. :chef:I miss this recipe. :cry: We loved this, and had it about once a week it seemed for a while...until we found out about DS's corn intolerance:yuck:...haven't had it since. :cry::cry:Oh - and I always combined the steps. It worked just fine. I just didn't see any reason to cook part of it separately.

That sounds perfect! Thank you Becky!I'm sorry. I had a friend who has the same thing with corn and when she found out, I did alot to try to help her find ways to cook the things she loved. Wow..all I can say is I admire you! It was so tough!

esavvymom said:
That sounds perfect! Thank you Becky!

I'm sorry. I had a friend who has the same thing with corn and when she found out, I did alot to try to help her find ways to cook the things she loved. Wow..all I can say is I admire you! It was so tough!

Add to that a gluten intolerance also. :rolleyes: My little guy has forced me to become a very creative cook/baker. That's okay - we're definitely eating healthier because of it. People just don't realize how corn is in EVERYTHING!

ChefBeckyD said:
Add to that a gluten intolerance also. :rolleyes: My little guy has forced me to become a very creative cook/baker. That's okay - we're definitely eating healthier because of it. People just don't realize how corn is in EVERYTHING!

I know! And so many that make you ask "WHY is that in there??"

esavvymom said:
I know! And so many that make you ask "WHY is that in there??"
Have you ever seen Food, Inc. ? Or read In Defense Of Food by Michael Pollen?
Those are both very eye-opening on this subject.

What ingredients do I need for the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake?

You will need 1 lb of ground beef, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of corn, 1 small onion, 1 red bell pepper, 1 package of Pampered Chef Chipotle Rub, 1 package of cornbread mix, 1 egg, and 1/2 cup of milk.

Can I substitute ground turkey for the ground beef in this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute ground turkey for the ground beef. Just be sure to cook it thoroughly before adding it to the rest of the ingredients.

Do I need to preheat my oven before baking the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake?

Yes, preheat your oven to 375°F before baking the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it later?

Yes, you can make the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake ahead of time and reheat it later. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven or microwave before serving.

Can I use a different type of cheese for the topping?

Yes, you can use any type of shredded cheese for the topping, such as cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a Mexican blend. Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese to find your favorite combination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ilovpc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • Tropicalburstqt2