• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is This Roasted Chicken Recipe from Top Chef Worth Trying?

In summary, the recipe calls for 4 sticks of butter, which is a whole pound. The author is concerned about the amount of butter in the recipe and suggests cutting it down to 1 stick.
siderits
Does anyone else love Top Chef on Bravo? My sister got me addicted, and I just realized they have some of the recipes online. Anyway, this roasted chicken recipe got raves from all the chef judges, so I thought I'd share, because it totally looks like something you could make in the DCB ... love mine!!! Might try it out this weekend.Roasted Chicken with VegetablesIngredients:
1 whole chicken, giblets removed, legs tied together with kitchen twine
4 sticks butter, cut into pieces
5 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
5 zucchini, sliced
8 ounces button mushrooms, cut in half
12 ounces fingerling potatoes, sliced lengthwise
4 sprigs fresh rosemary
8 sprigs fresh thyme
salt and pepper for seasoningDirections:
1. Heat oven to 350F.
2. Using about 1/4 cup butter, rub chicken all over, evenly coating the bird. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
3. Combine carrots, zucchini, mushrooms and potatoes in a large roasting pan. Spread into one layer in bottom of pan. Distribute remaining pieces of butter evenly over top of vegetables.
4. Top with chicken and sprinkle with herb sprigs.
5. Roast for 30 minutes to 1 1/2 hours, depending on size of chicken, until chicken is golden brown and has reached an internal temperature of 165F.
6. To serve: Cut chicken into four to eight pieces. Divide vegetables between plates and top with chicken.

Do it in the stoneware fluted pan - prop the chicken up on the center spit, veggies around inside.

That would be a nice alternative ... don't have the fluted pan yet (bummer). Hoping to get it during February's stoneware special.

Last edited:
4 Sticks Of Butter!!!! Wow!

Karen Hodge said:
4 Sticks Of Butter!!!! Wow!

Could that possibly be a typo? That would be 2 CUPS of butter - a whole pound........I just cannnot imagine that much butter in one recipe - my conscience wouldn't let me try it! I'm SURE that it would be just as good cutting the butter to 1 stick - rub 1/2 over the chicken, and then dot the veggies w/ little pieces of the rest. After all, you are also going to get flavoring (and more saturated fat!) from the chicken drippings!

What is the recipe for Top Chef Roasted Chicken?

The recipe for Top Chef Roasted Chicken includes a whole chicken, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and fresh herbs. You can find the full recipe on our website or in the Pampered Chef cookbook.

How long does it take to cook Top Chef Roasted Chicken?

The cooking time for Top Chef Roasted Chicken will vary depending on the size of the chicken. Generally, it takes about 20 minutes per pound to cook a whole chicken in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. We recommend using a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.

Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh in Top Chef Roasted Chicken?

While fresh herbs will provide the best flavor for Top Chef Roasted Chicken, you can use dried herbs as a substitute. Keep in mind that dried herbs are more concentrated, so you will need to use less than the amount of fresh herbs called for in the recipe.

What sides go well with Top Chef Roasted Chicken?

Top Chef Roasted Chicken pairs well with a variety of sides, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a fresh salad. You can also use the chicken to make sandwiches or shred it for tacos or salads.

Can I use chicken breasts instead of a whole chicken for Top Chef Roasted Chicken?

Yes, you can use chicken breasts instead of a whole chicken for Top Chef Roasted Chicken. However, the cooking time will be shorter, so be sure to use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. We also recommend adjusting the amount of seasoning and herbs to accommodate the smaller amount of chicken.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JackieB999
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • lindseystar