• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DCB in Microwave: Can I Cook 30-Minute Chicken?

In summary, the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) can be used to cook a whole chicken in the microwave using the 30-minute chicken recipe. No additional liquid is needed as the chicken will release its own juices while cooking. The DCB is designed to fit in most standard microwaves, but it is recommended to check dimensions before use. The 30-minute chicken recipe makes 4-6 servings and the DCB can be used in both the microwave and oven, but not at the same time.
erinhoward
I just got my new DCB and discovered that it will just fit in my microwave, but it won't rotate. I'll have to take the rotating thing out if I want to cook something in there. Does that matter if I'm doing something like the 30-minute chicken? Or will it not cook evenly?

I'm thinking it will probably be okay, but has anybody tried this?

Make sure you manually turn it. I made a microwave cake in a micro that didn't turn (I didn't realize it) and it burnt on one side! Ick! Burnt chocolate :-( So sad.....

Thanks!It's not ideal to use the DCB in a microwave that doesn't rotate, as the rotation helps to evenly distribute the heat and ensure that the food cooks evenly. Without the rotation, there is a higher chance that the food will cook unevenly and some parts may be undercooked while others are overcooked. If possible, it would be best to use the DCB in a microwave that rotates. However, if you do decide to use it in a non-rotating microwave, make sure to check on the food and stir/rotate it halfway through cooking to help ensure even cooking.

1. Can I cook a whole chicken in the DCB in the microwave?

Yes, you can cook a whole chicken in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) in the microwave using the 30-minute chicken recipe. This recipe is specifically designed for cooking a whole chicken in the microwave in just 30 minutes.

2. Do I need to add any liquid to the DCB when cooking the chicken?

No, the chicken will release its own juices while cooking in the DCB, so there is no need to add any additional liquid.

3. Can I use the DCB in any size microwave?

Yes, the DCB is designed to fit in most standard microwaves. However, it is always recommended to check the dimensions of your microwave and the DCB before use.

4. How many servings does the 30-minute chicken recipe in the DCB make?

The 30-minute chicken recipe in the DCB makes about 4-6 servings, depending on the size of the chicken.

5. Can I use the DCB in the microwave and oven at the same time?

Yes, the DCB is safe to use in both the microwave and oven. However, it is not recommended to use them at the same time as it may affect the cooking time and results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U